* * * * - 18 votes

XBL Deals - 2016, Part 2

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold XBLA Games on Demand

#16621 The Red Mariner  

The Red Mariner

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:25 AM

I've been told by multiple people I look like the it guy from the office, not sure if thats better or worse than trent dilfer

image.jpg

#16622 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:29 AM

So, what was everyone's worst purchase last year that goes against everything CAG stands for?

Mine was buying Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens at launch. I know. A Lego game. Those always drop fast, and I bought it anyway. The worst part is, it's still in my backlog. I had it in my head that I was going to want to jump in and play it immediately, and that didn't happen.

By far the worst purchase (money-wise) of mine last year. I sometimes bit on stuff that was 40% off and later it went down to 50% off, but at least I waited for a sale, even if it did drop more later.

#16623 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2746 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:30 AM

Anyone have an extra month of Xbox live they don't need? Trying to purchase some gold deals, thanks again!

There's a month of gold for $1 on the 360 and X1.

You can also get it online below. You have to log into your acct to get the $1 offer.

https://www.microsof..._omc_xbo_Engage

#16624 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4356 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:34 AM

So, what was everyone's worst purchase last year that goes against everything CAG stands for?

Mine was buying Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens at launch. I know. A Lego game. Those always drop fast, and I bought it anyway. The worst part is, it's still in my backlog. I had it in my head that I was going to want to jump in and play it immediately, and that didn't happen.

By far the worst purchase (money-wise) of mine last year. I sometimes bit on stuff that was 40% off and later it went down to 50% off, but at least I waited for a sale, even if it did drop more later.

buying grow up for 10 dollars, the game is awful and it went on sale for 5 like a day later

#16625 Xfactor19990   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3396 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Xfactor19990

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:44 AM

Any good deals on 12 month''s of Xbox Live?

#16626 ProfessorMicro   Dark Lord of the Sith CAGiversary!   730 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

ProfessorMicro

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:53 AM

Buying two copies of the Division at launch.

A friend bought into the hype HARD (he always does) and declared that he would buy me a copy if I wouldn't get it on my own (I had absolutely zero interest). Being the only one of us with GCU, I offered to get us both a copy and he said he'd take me out to lunch as a compensation. We ended up going to a place I didn't even like, got a meal I didn't really care for, and when the waitress came with the bill he asked for two checks.

All these years, I thought that *I* was a cheap-ass. Clearly, I need to learn from the master.

#16627 Beatles   Cartoon Character CAGiversary!   4349 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:54 AM

Any good deals on 12 month''s of Xbox Live?

https://www.cheapass...6#entry13583279

Use code XBL and get it for $39.99

They are a reputable site so dont worry

Buying two copies of the Division for at launch.
A friend bought into the hype HARD (he always does) and declared that he would buy me a copy if I wouldn't get it on my own (I had absolutely zero interest). Being the only one of us with GCU, I offered to get us both a copy and he said he'd take me out to lunch as a compensation. We ended up going to a place I didn't even like, got a meal I didn't really care for, and when the waitress came with the bill he asked for two checks.
All these years, I thought that *I* was a cheap-ass. Clearly, I need to learn from the master.

Sounds like something Wombat would do

#16628 Indarkened  

Indarkened

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:02 AM

Cheer up i pre ordered and bought homefront didn't return it even though everyone said it was complete ass, I still haven't touched it lol... Like it's still in plastic.

#16629 Indarkened  

Indarkened

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:04 AM

Buying two copies of the Division at launch.
A friend bought into the hype HARD (he always does) and declared that he would buy me a copy if I wouldn't get it on my own (I had absolutely zero interest). Being the only one of us with GCU, I offered to get us both a copy and he said he'd take me out to lunch as a compensation. We ended up going to a place I didn't even like, got a meal I didn't really care for, and when the waitress came with the bill he asked for two checks.

How is that guy a friend? Get better friends!

#16630 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7949 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:46 AM

Mine was Fallout 4. The only game I've ever purchased digitally at full price. I expected a game like Fallout 3 which is one of my top 5 favorites of all time. What I got was all that crap about building a settlement and the death of V.A.T.S. I haven't played it since March, I think.

#16631 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:50 AM

Ok, shut the Fuck up and let it go.

That or one of the mods should come in here and give you a time out.

Enough of this shit from you and the others.

This is why I can't take this site seriously.

Grown men talking about snitching to the mods on a forum lol.

#16632 FarCry3r  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:58 AM

#16633 FarCry3r  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:04 AM

None, luckily. No money to buy games until after BF.

Got to say, the year end sales are a bit disappointing. However, I did spent my $200 credits on these since there's nothing better to spend it on:

- GoW4
- Batman AK
- TftB
- SoM
- JC3
- RotTR
- SR4 bundle
- QB
- Borderlands THC
- WD1
- TT GoT S1

Finished (mostly) Batman AK, TftB, a quarter of JC3 (a bit tedious doing repetitive stuff there) and now plowing through SoM.

If only they have The Division SP on sale...

#16634 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:06 AM

Bought Deus Ex digitally for my son then 2 months later its $19.99 at Microsoft store and best buy.

#16635 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:37 AM

Happy New Year CAG! May no one I know and love die this year!

There's anyone left after 2016?

#16636 FarCry3r  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:38 AM

There's anyone left after 2016?

We still have Trump.

#16637 MrshllJcb   Drinkin High Life CAGiversary!   4380 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:56 PM

Bought Technomancer at launch...digitally. I'm not sure what I was smoking at the time, and my bros even warned me against it, but I still did it. Even knowing I used discounted credit to bring my actual cost to $40 that's still like $25 too much.

#16638 Primis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   347 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 02:37 PM

One of my legit Resolutions is I'm going to play games more.

Life snuck up on me a few years ago and I stopped doing the things that made me me, for the most part.  And instead what I've been doing is letting everyone else in my family always do what they want first, and realizing then there's never time for me, my hobbies or things that make me happy, or what I want.  While it's nice to keep the wife and kids in mind, I guess I shouldn't always just give them priority.

So this year I'm going to game more in general.  I'm probably not going to BUY much more because even not ever buying much of anything I still have a huge backlog (I often wonder if anyone else out there could have possibly got more out of GWG than me, who has only ever already owned 2 of the titles and whose library would be pathetic otherwise).

Also though, I'm going to play more PC games.  I went through the last few days and re-installed some older titles on my laptop, so that even if I don't have the TV to play 360 I could always fire up an older PC game I've enjoyed, and I plan on tracking down some more of my copies and doing more installs in the next week (since I barely used the laptop's HD space).

ALSO.... I'm going to acquire one of those RetroBit Trio retro consoles and find a place that *isn't* the basement to hook it up so I can play my NES, SNES, and Genesis carts, and I'm going to continue to go to used game stores and pick up more carts.

#16639 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6801 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

Division on day 1 full price, though I did also get the season pass from GameStop for $10 cheaper due to a price mistake. Played it maybe twice in the last six months.

And Rainbow Six: Siege credits. You don't wanna know.

#16640 FarCry3r  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:06 PM

Division on day 1 full price, though I did also get the season pass from GameStop for $10 cheaper due to a price mistake. Played it maybe twice in the last six months.

And Rainbow Six: Siege credits. You don't wanna know.

Have you played recently? I bought mine few weeks ago and its not that bad after they "fixed" it.

#16641 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13612 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:07 PM

Uno.

#16642 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6801 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:08 PM

Have you played recently? I bought mine few weeks ago and its not that bad after they "fixed" it.

Yeah, but just one attempt at Survival and maybe an hour roaming around the "new" tiered world system co-op with my dad.

#16643 FarCry3r  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:11 PM

Yeah, but just one attempt at Survival and maybe an hour roaming around the "new" tiered world system co-op with my dad.

Oh. I got mine digital before the sale started, expecting the SP alone would be on sale just like BF, which turns out to be wrong. My friends play Survival a lot, so I'm kinda left behind. After getting to level 30 and gotten 256 gearscore, I kinda slow down, unless my friends wanna farm lex.

#16644 Jess Stryker   Mama Said To Knock You Out CAGiversary!   4441 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Jess Stryker

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:13 PM

Mine is an easy one. Importing Raiden V at launch. Shmups as a whole aren't terribly popular in America so don't always make it overseas. When they don't make it overseas, their price tends to stay on the higher end, sometimes even rising above MSRP. Before purchasing the game, I kept looking up details trying to find out if the game was coming to America without as much as a peep anymore. Unsuccessful in information gathering, I bit the bullet. A week later an English release is announced.

So far not too bad. Shmups tend not to go on sale so figured it would be a while before a price drop if anything. Months lather it's on sale digitally for 75% off. NEVER would have expected that at the time of purchase.

#16645 .Beowulf  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:20 PM

Mine will be Quantum @ 30 and Tomb Raider 20th @ 35 if I eventually cave this weekend, which I hope I don't at those prices

other than that I've done well this year at sticking to good deals and sales for all my consoles

#16646 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:20 PM

This thread the past few days has been mostly garbage. Bums me out a bit.

Speaking of garbage... there is just one thing coming out this week:

DPyhbk8.jpg?1

1/4 - MX vs ATV Supercross Encore: 2017 Track Edition - $39.99

#16647 FarCry3r  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:21 PM

Mine will be Quantum @ 30 and Tomb Raider 20th @ 35 if I eventually cave this weekend, which I hope I don't at those prices

other than that I've done well this year at sticking to good deals and sales for all my consoles

I already bite on both, but only standard edition for RotTR.

#16648 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:26 PM

Got the regular Tomb Raider and season pass for $33 in the black Friday sales and I'm pretty sure the only difference is the cover art.

#16649 sp0rklez  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:26 PM

Page 666 hype! (depending on how you have it set)

#16650 FarCry3r  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:32 PM

Page 666 hype! (depending on how you have it set)

Mine is 1666 on Tapatalk