* * * * - 8 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Elite Dangerous, Homefront, Farm Sim, more | GwG: XB1: WWE 2K16, Warriors Orochi 3; 360: Beyond G&E

XBL Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox Live Deals with Gold Games with Gold XBLA Games on Demand

#2791 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3245 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:41 PM

Titanfall 2 feedback has been addressed some of it will be updated for this weekend's Tech Test.
Looks like they will put titans on a meter again. http://www.titanfall...t-and-feedback/

I didn't get a chance to play it last weekend, but these changes sound like they address a lot of the complaints I read in here.

Nice, but they say a "small passive amount of Titan meter " will be gained every few seconds so I'm still skeptical. But I'll give it another whirl this weekend.

If the most skilled "COD style" players are rewarded Titans more frequently, that's still going to be a downer. We'll see. At least it's a move in the right direction.

#2792 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   62813 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Yesterday, 08:43 PM

Nice, but they say a "small passive amount of Titan meter " will be gained every few seconds so I'm still skeptical. But I'll give it another whirl this weekend.

If the most skilled "COD style" players are rewarded Titans more frequently, that's still going to be a downer. We'll see. At least it's a move in the right direction.

How is that different than the original?

The 12th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Contest Now Live - Enter Before 3/17! 

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#2793 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3245 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:48 PM

How is that different than the original?

I thought it was completely time based. Not objective based which is what they even stated was changed in Titanfall 2. So if kill streaks are a bigger factor, for instance, those of us who liked playing Titanfall for the enjoyment of the Titans are going to be offset by COD a$$holes who concentrate purely on kills and even spawn point kills.

In other words, it was more random and fun for everyone IMO. I liked it for NOT being COD.

Edit: I do want to commend Respawn for taking the criticism to heart though. I wasn't sure how set in stone the new system was so good to hear it can be tweaked and they are willing to do so.

#2794 Previously someTooL  

Previously someTooL

Posted Yesterday, 09:27 PM

Very happy for FH1 BC! Although I was very happy for Red Dead too, and it has been back logged also. Winter is coming, maybe then...right?

#2795 FriskyTanuki   Believeland CAGiversary!   62813 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Yesterday, 09:33 PM

I thought it was completely time based. Not objective based which is what they even stated was changed in Titanfall 2. So if kill streaks are a bigger factor, for instance, those of us who liked playing Titanfall for the enjoyment of the Titans are going to be offset by COD a$$holes who concentrate purely on kills and even spawn point kills.

In other words, it was more random and fun for everyone IMO. I liked it for NOT being COD.

Edit: I do want to commend Respawn for taking the criticism to heart though. I wasn't sure how set in stone the new system was so good to hear it can be tweaked and they are willing to do so.

You'd get 1% on your meter every few seconds, but killing grunts, pilots, and performing the objectives of the match also took off chunks. Certain burn cards improved that or let you take off large chunks off the time that made it stupidly easy to constantly earn titan drops if you were halfway decent.

Titanfall kind of felt like a Call of Duty mod that added mechs to me, especially with how the last few games have been. Just the millions of challenges tied to every aspect of the game and the focus on prestiges made it clear what type of game this team was making before Titanfall.

The 12th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Contest Now Live - Enter Before 3/17! 

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#2796 kcobra22  

Posted Yesterday, 10:08 PM

anyone know how long the free play days for Forza 6 lasts? Can't find an announcement but it's in everyone's ready to install list.

CTUa59Fm.jpg

#2797 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10232 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:09 PM

I don't see anywhere where they've confirmed these changes will be in this weekend's built of TF2. Just that they will work on them, and friend invites will be fixed for this weekend.

Someone feel free to point out if they did confirm them for this week.

Posted Image

#2798 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3245 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:24 PM

You'd get 1% on your meter every few seconds, but killing grunts, pilots, and performing the objectives of the match also took off chunks. Certain burn cards improved that or let you take off large chunks off the time that made it stupidly easy to constantly earn titan drops if you were halfway decent.

Titanfall kind of felt like a Call of Duty mod that added mechs to me, especially with how the last few games have been. Just the millions of challenges tied to every aspect of the game and the focus on prestiges made it clear what type of game this team was making before Titanfall.

All I know is last weekend it felt much more like COD to me than it did before. The original was much faster paced, which sounds like they will be cranking up mobility again and mechs were earned much quicker. Personally, I liked the original Titanfall for those reasons so that's what I'm hoping to see this coming weekend.

I don't see anywhere where they've confirmed these changes will be in this weekend's built of TF2. Just that they will work on them, and friend invites will be fixed for this weekend.

Someone feel free to point out if they did confirm them for this week.

I think they said at the beginning of the blog post that some of them would be in the build for this weekend but didn't specify which.

#2799 Sielanas  

Posted Yesterday, 11:04 PM

Being a CAG is great, but Battlefield is an event for me.  Aside from the Hardline sidestep, they haven't disappointed in a long time.  If reviews are good, I'll be happy to give them full price at launch for the base game.  They took a risk this year with WWI.  Hope it pans out. 

"They haven't fucked up since the very last release, nothing to worry about".

224857.jpeg

#2800 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   570 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted Yesterday, 11:51 PM

I know Trials OTBD isn't a great Trials game and isn't a great Blood Dragon game, but is it worth 10 bucks?

At 10 bucks, I feel it is worth it. I loved Blood Dragon and I love me some Trials. There are some interesting ideas in the game and some cool new mechanics, but it never really clicked for me. Good, not great.

Rockin' it old school single-player style!

Find me on Xbox Live at Gamertag ...

FloriDUH+JBot.png

#2801 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3917 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:01 AM

Looks like Contrast and Mars: War Logs for me this week.

Finally! I get to try out a Forza game. Great selections for September's GWG, especially since I don't own any of them already.

#2802 dennisb407   #OrlandoStrong #OrlandoUnited CAGiversary!   3045 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

dennisb407

Posted Today, 12:18 AM

lol they picked the most boring AssCreed game in the series.

I hope the Libras and Scorpios of October come thru like champs with their GWG

#2803 dennisb407   #OrlandoStrong #OrlandoUnited CAGiversary!   3045 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

dennisb407

Posted Today, 12:27 AM

Im surprised with his insatiable love for shitty games Blinknot hasnt mentioned this one yet

cover.jpg

#2804 Ryuukishi   What a lovely day!! CAGiversary!   10748 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:27 AM

Im surprised with his insatiable love for shitty games Blinknot hasnt mentioned this one yet

cover.jpg

Release date?

Ryuukishi634.png

#2805 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted Today, 01:47 AM

So is Elite Dangerous a time suck? A missed opportunity or what? Seems like a potential great game based on the description...

#2806 Mister Squirrel   WelcomeToTheNextLevel CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted Today, 02:13 AM

lol they picked the most boring AssCreed game in the series.

I hope the Libras and Scorpios of October come thru like champs with their GWG

We'll bring our "A-game". I Promise.

#2807 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted Today, 02:54 AM

So is Elite Dangerous a time suck? A missed opportunity or what? Seems like a potential great game based on the description...

Isn't Elite Dangerous supposed to be a better version of what No Man's Sky tried to do?

8672117753_95059863f9_o.gif  

#2808 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1225 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted Today, 03:29 AM

Titanfall 2 feedback has been addressed some of it will be updated for this weekend's Tech Test. 

Looks like they will put titans on a meter again. http://www.titanfall...t-and-feedback/

I didn't get a chance to play it last weekend, but these changes sound like they address a lot of the complaints I read in here.

They still haven't addressed some of the strange design choices they made with the gear and upgrades which only serves to limit you and slow down gameplay. And all their points started out by defending their decisions rather than admitting fault. In one instance even referring to it as "unintended side effects." Likely story..

It's the CoDification of TF folks! 

#2809 sainrub   CAGisdabomb! CAGiversary!   1364 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:32 AM

Battlefield 1 Ultimate Edition is up on the store for a whopping $130 (or $117 w/ EA Access). I love Battlefield - but damn.
https://www.microsof...on/br2h94xgwqfr

(Remember, in 2019, all of this DLC will be free and the game will be $5. And best of all, the player base will still be there.)

9glnw7.jpg

#2810 IronZombie   Time to Feed CAGiversary!   1225 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

IronZombie

Posted Today, 03:44 AM

This game is one of those "make what you will of it" types. There's not much direction. You're given a small ship and told to do your thing. The game has some semblance of missions that pay you money but for the most part it's up to you to decide what you want to do and how you want to earn money. It's up to you how you spend that money and what style of gameplay you choose (pirate, smuggler, trader, explorer, etc.). The galaxy in the game is literally HUGE. My main mission in the game when starting out was to visit the Sol system and it took me weeks to get there with my style of play. And even then I couldn't visit because I didn't have a Sol permit yet (you get this at level 4 with the Federation).

Exploration is amazing and extremely realistic. We're not talking about bullshit No Man's Sky style generation where every planet you come across looks identical and has an atmosphere and life. This is vastly unexplored and uninhabited space, but there are a lot of interesting things to find out there. If you've ever wanted to actually explore other worlds then this is as real as it gets.

If you have the patience and time to put into it I highly recommend it. It's too bad I have a 9-5 job otherwise I'd be playing it more. It's a beautiful game.

#2811 Razzel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:11 AM

They still haven't addressed some of the strange design choices they made with the gear and upgrades which only serves to limit you and slow down gameplay. And all their points started out by defending their decisions rather than admitting fault. In one instance even referring to it as "unintended side effects." Likely story..

It's the CoDification of TF folks!

Exactly!!

I've been saying I expect them to go full Don Mattrick at some point and say "if you don't like all the changes then we have a great product for you called Titanfall 1."

#2812 PrinnyJ   Stay@HomeDad Gamer CAGiversary!   728 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:42 AM

Based off the description, Elite: Dangerous sounded really cool, so I looked into it more.

Need a Frontier account...no save...no pause...harsh punishments for every mistake...

Yeah, Fuck that.  Not for me.

#2813 w00dm4nEXE  

w00dm4nEXE

Posted Today, 05:13 AM

when was Forza 6 free> i dont remember buying it abd it showed up in my ready to install list

#2814 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted Today, 05:15 AM

Is there an option to set your Xbox One to turn off after it finishes downloading stuff? Forza 6 taking forever.

#2815 chriscolbert   Push Me, Pull Me CAGiversary!   2070 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted Today, 05:37 AM

Is there an option to set your Xbox One to turn off after it finishes downloading stuff? Forza 6 taking forever.

No, but you can set your XB1 to download while it's off ;)

782879.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBL, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, Deals with Gold, Games with Gold, XBLA, Games on Demand