* * * * * 13 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 2/23: Atlus/EA/Critics' Choice Sales! $10 Shovel Knight, $21 DEMD, $8 Inside, $4.49 Severed, & More!

#8431 parKer   Booker, catch! CAGiversary!   1254 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:09 AM

That defeats the purpose of having trophies. It always amazes me how most trophy hunters want the lists to as easy as possible.

You get to buy trophies after your THIRD playthrough. I wouldn't call that "easy."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ps4:  Elder Scrolls Online

:vita:  Remote Play

:vita:  Code:Realize

#8432 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3355 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:04 PM

Picked up Shovel Knight. Already have it on 3DS, but sale + cross-buy + upcoming dlc (that's only free if you buy now) convinced me to double dip.

#8433 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4291 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:01 PM

Picked up Shovel Knight. Already have it on 3DS, but sale + cross-buy + upcoming dlc (that's only free if you buy now) convinced me to double dip.

I bought it on PC yesterday. Now I own it on 3DS, Wii U, PS3, PS4, Vita, Xbox One, and PC. Overkill, I know.

#8434 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   63748 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Yesterday, 04:02 PM

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#8435 Thespyder314   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1038 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Thespyder314

Posted Yesterday, 04:52 PM

We will be able to spend/see whats on sale for Tuesday for the 100/15 promo before we need to spend the 100 right?  Im at 50ish right now and was gonna preorder a game but id rather wait for sales on Tuesday if I can first.

#8436 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   63748 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Yesterday, 04:56 PM

We will be able to spend/see whats on sale for Tuesday for the 100/15 promo before we need to spend the 100 right?  Im at 50ish right now and was gonna preorder a game but id rather wait for sales on Tuesday if I can first.

https://www.cheapass...15-back-by-314/

Details are posted here.

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#8437 Gden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2894 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 08:30 PM

That's where I already have it and are mainly considering buying it because I have a problem.  My kid also enjoys playing it when we go somewhere with a Vita display and it's digital on my 3DS so I can't just be like here you can play my copy on your 3DS.

You know, that's not a terrible problem to have. 

I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#8438 .Beowulf   The beast in me is caged by frail and fragile bars CAG Veteran   1675 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

.Beowulf

Posted Yesterday, 08:34 PM

I bought shovel knight even though I already own it on wii u

still haven't even played it before

that's gaming in the modern age for ya

AYf98sG.gif

#8439 Josh1billion   ゲーム開発者 CAGiversary!   2046 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted Yesterday, 08:34 PM

Picked up Shovel Knight.  Really digging it so far.

Josh1billion.png

Developing some PS4/Vita games in my free time.  Website | Twitter | Facebook

Super Blackout released a while ago on PS Vita for $4.99.  Full PlayStation TV support.

Now working on a PS4/Vita platformer, coming soon.

#8440 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1176 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted Yesterday, 08:38 PM

Thought that with the time travel mechanics life is strange wouldn't be a rote walking simulator 😴. Game wasn't bad but i expected more. Oh well...just picked it up to fill out the $100 and got an easy plat so whatever.

red3ds.gifg27-gaming-wheels-images.pngg27-gaming-wheels-images.png

#8441 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   797 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted Yesterday, 10:06 PM

Random question. Any reason for me to hold on to my ps3 controller now that we can use PS4 controllers on it? I think i might sell it to gamestop today, but I just want to make sure I dont need it for some particular function on the ps3 before I do.

#8442 .Beowulf   The beast in me is caged by frail and fragile bars CAG Veteran   1675 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

.Beowulf

Posted Yesterday, 10:13 PM

Random question. Any reason for me to hold on to my ps3 controller now that we can use PS4 controllers on it? I think i might sell it to gamestop today, but I just want to make sure I dont need it for some particular function on the ps3 before I do.

I personally would hang on to it just in case but this is what I found online

Keep a PS3 controller nearby

Because the DualShock 4’s PS button doesn’t work on PS3, you’ll need a DualShock 3 (or SixAxis if you’re trapped in 2007) to interact with the XMB. Want to check Trophies, friends list, or switch games? Despite your futuristic controller, you’ll still need to stay anchored to the past.

older article so maybe it's no longer necessary

AYf98sG.gif

#8443 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4291 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:14 PM

First party PS3 controllers are hard to find in new condition in stores and there are some games on the PS3 that won't work with a PS4 controller. If you think you'll get nostalgic for the PS3 in the future, I'd hold onto it. If not, let it go.

#8444 cleaver   You have 0 friends CAGiversary!   3390 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:18 PM

What does GameStop give for ds3s?
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#8445 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49040 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:21 PM

What does GameStop give for ds3s?

https://www.gamestop...ontroller/69638

$12 base. 

#8446 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   797 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted Yesterday, 10:34 PM

I personally would hang on to it just in case but this is what I found online

Keep a PS3 controller nearby

Because the DualShock 4’s PS button doesn’t work on PS3, you’ll need a DualShock 3 (or SixAxis if you’re trapped in 2007) to interact with the XMB. Want to check Trophies, friends list, or switch games? Despite your futuristic controller, you’ll still need to stay anchored to the past.

older article so maybe it's no longer necessary

Yea. Thats what I was afraid of. Alright. Screw it. Ill just hold on to it. Thanks for the info

#8447 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   797 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted Yesterday, 10:35 PM

First party PS3 controllers are hard to find in new condition in stores and there are some games on the PS3 that won't work with a PS4 controller. If you think you'll get nostalgic for the PS3 in the future, I'd hold onto it. If not, let it go.

Yup. Looks like your right....

http://www.ign.com/w...Station_3_Games

#8448 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   1643 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:49 PM

I actually returned my physical copy of shovel knight back to Walmart that I got for $7. I went ahead and bought the digital version instead since you get free DLCs.
Lakers for Life!

#8449 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   502 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:20 AM

You get the free DLC with the physical too...

Last Six Years of Completed Games: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017.

#8450 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   1643 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:34 AM

Are you sure? Slick dealers and gamefaqs say you don't...
Lakers for Life!

#8451 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1176 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted Today, 12:36 AM

Even the new Dualshock 4s have garbage build quality so keeping a d3 is a must. I can't even move forward (up) with the L stick anymore and this controller came with my pro in black Friday.

red3ds.gifg27-gaming-wheels-images.pngg27-gaming-wheels-images.png

#8452 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49040 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:39 AM

I actually returned my physical copy of shovel knight back to Walmart that I got for $7. I went ahead and bought the digital version instead since you get free DLCs.

It's also cross-buy, which is the bigger reason to go digital on that one. 

#8453 parKer   Booker, catch! CAGiversary!   1254 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:45 AM

Picked up Shovel Knight.  Really digging it so far.

Shovelry is not dead.

You do get the free DLC with the physical copies. What you do not get with the physical copies is the cross-buy. 

:ps4:  Elder Scrolls Online

:vita:  Remote Play

:vita:  Code:Realize

#8454 ritchardf  

Posted Today, 12:54 AM

Even the new Dualshock 4s have garbage build quality so keeping a d3 is a must. I can't even move forward (up) with the L stick anymore and this controller came with my pro in black Friday.

i traded in the controller from my pro console already, ive had other new style controllers that did not have any problems but the one from the bundle felt like it wasnt put together completely and kept snapping into place and snapping back out. i didnt even use it enough to really put any wear on it, it was just too annoying to use.

#8455 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   63748 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted Today, 01:09 AM

You can confirm it with the official source:

http://yachtclubgame...l-release-date/

#8456 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3483 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted Today, 02:49 AM

You should have kept it, the cover artwork is great and it comes with a nice manual as well. A really nice physical release.

#8457 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36110 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted Today, 05:25 AM

My CAG March Madness contest is open for signups now for those that want a shot at winning some cool games.

Kind of sad that I haven't watched a single basketball game all season.  Can't do any worse than I did last year.

3ds120.gif Dragon Quest 8 :pc: R6 Siege  :wiiu: TBD  :vita: TBD

:xb1: TBD  :ps4: Enter the Gungeon  :360: TBD  :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2017: 1 - Recently Completed: :xb1: Dead Rising 4 :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#8458 Velo214   Chilln like a Villain CAGiversary!   8505 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:49 AM

I don't know the details on the nier pay for trophies thing, but it might be like the first where he isn't really buying the trophies but is just completing weapons collections etc. again i have no idea at all, but it would be very odd to just be able to 'buy trophies'. im hoping it is just him completing the requirements and earning the trophies and just seems that way

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#8459 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3660 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted Today, 07:18 AM

I don't know the details on the nier pay for trophies thing, but it might be like the first where he isn't really buying the trophies but is just completing weapons collections etc. again i have no idea at all, but it would be very odd to just be able to 'buy trophies'. im hoping it is just him completing the requirements and earning the trophies and just seems that way

Well with the existence of dlc with trophies attached that isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#8460 Velo214   Chilln like a Villain CAGiversary!   8505 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:06 AM

Well with the existence of dlc with trophies attached that isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

i don't really know any dlc that is just purchaseable trophies. even in sound shapes you still had to do stuff. what dlc do you just pay cash for trophies as an example you are trying to give? ;)

also rip Bill Paxton cod aw exo zombies. He is suing atlas corp from heaven now

Velo214.png
sig.gif