* * * * - 15 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 5/16: Extended Play Sale! $21 Dart Rally PSVR, $7.79 Driveclub SP, $15 Walking Dead S3, & More!

#61 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3007 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:28 AM

Some interesting releases:

:ps3: Grandia III - $9.99

:ps4: I Am Setsuna - $39.99

:psp: Retro City Rampage DX - $9.99 - Cross Buy for PS4/PS3/Vita owners

Anybody play I Am Setsuna yet? I'm a sucker for that style of game but I'm hesitant to drop $40 especially with the extra backlog I've created recently.

Killbomb.png

#62 Momouchi   Drowning in backlog CAGiversary!   2604 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:29 AM

Tempted by inFamous, Gravity Rush Remastered and Not a Hero but each is just a hair more than I would want to spend. Oh well.

If you decide to get one, Gravity Rush is a fantastic game. You get to control gravity to fly all over the hub world and the battle system is great fun because of it. Plus the art style is beautiful.

14273.png

#63 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4717 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:30 AM

I've officially lost it at 47 years old. Rushed to buy R&C Size Matters before the sale was over and figured out today that I accidentally bought Full Frontal Assault....and that doesn't work on PSTV (don't have a Vita).

And what makes it worse is that I damn well knew that and even responded to someone's question over the weekend that only Size Matters is compatible.

Someone please come to my home and drive me to the nearest nursing home.

#64 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3674 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:41 AM

That's the same feeling I get when I look at the PS3 games I didn't download during the last 2 years of membership... doh. Anyways, the 20% coupon pretty much pushed me towards preordering Headlander and Brut@l. They also look like fun games so there's that. Also picked up Skullgirls 2nd encore, Electronic super joy, and cast of the seven godsends. Spreading the indie love today O:).

Brut@l looks great, especially since I played several of the original Rogue games many years ago (Rogue, Hack, Nethack, Moria). I think I may just go ahead and preorder it with the 20% off.

I also picked up Cast of the Seven Godsends, been waiting for the game since I first read about it. It's a bit amateurish, and hard, but I really enjoy the 16-bit graphics and the music.

#65 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   905 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:43 AM

I've officially lost it at 47 years old. Rushed to buy R&C Size Matters before the sale was over and figured out today that I accidentally bought Full Frontal Assault....and that doesn't work on PSTV (don't have a Vita).
And what makes it worse is that I damn well knew that and even responded to someone's question over the weekend that only Size Matters is compatible.
Someone please come to my home and drive me to the nearest nursing home.

Sounds more like I need to drive over to your home and give you a ride to the nearest Best Buy to pick yourself up a vita. You pay for gas though. ;)

giphy.gif

#66 SideshowNick   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   27 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

SideshowNick

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:55 AM

The past few months I've been grabbing nearly every PS1 Classic game when it goes on sale.  When the PS3 first came out I couldn't give a damn about the digital PS1 games but now I quite enjoy amassing a PS1 digital collection especially when they are under 5 dollars a pop.  Grabbing Strider 2 this week.

#67 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7495 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:01 AM

If you decide to get one, Gravity Rush is a fantastic game. You get to control gravity to fly all over the hub world and the battle system is great fun because of it. Plus the art style is beautiful.

Yeah that is probably the top of the list of the three for me especially seeing the new game at E3. I honestly had no idea about Gravity Rush until this past E3 and then I got extremely intrigued.. but I told myself I would snatch it as soon as it goes on sale for around $12 or so... $18 is still just a little too steep. Hopefully when the sequel does release this will see an even steeper discount!

#68 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3930 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:02 AM

Anybody play I Am Setsuna yet? I'm a sucker for that style of game but I'm hesitant to drop $40 especially with the extra backlog I've created recently.

I refuse to buy it unless they decide to bring the vita version stateside.   There is a vita version [it was released in Japan] and there is clearly a localization since it's released here on PS4.   SE just decided not to localize the Vita version, which is absolutely ridiculous given that it's a direct homage to Crono/etc. 

They've said they might change their mind.   Well, then, they might get a purchase from me... I'll buy that vita version, thanks.

I'm not even trying to be hard ass about it... I just can't see why I'd ever play this on my tv, whereas it looks absolutely perfect for a handheld.  I play shooters and racers and whatnot on my tv, not turn based rpgs.

#69 StainedCarpet   Boy if you dont CAG Veteran   106 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

StainedCarpet

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:03 AM

Two questions:

Is infamous first light worth it to fans of infamous?
Is the Arkham Knight season pass worth it?

To answer your Infamous question: I'd say yes First Light is worth it. It's kind of short, I took maybe 8 hours to platinum it within the span of two days but very enjoyable. It's more of Second Son, just told from Fetch's perspective and I gotta say I liked her story more than I liked Delsin's. Take that for what it's worth. 

#70 StainedCarpet   Boy if you dont CAG Veteran   106 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

StainedCarpet

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:16 AM

Brut@l looks great, especially since I played several of the original Rogue games many years ago (Rogue, Hack, Nethack, Moria). I think I may just go ahead and preorder it with the 20% off.

I also picked up Cast of the Seven Godsends, been waiting for the game since I first read about it. It's a bit amateurish, and hard, but I really enjoy the 16-bit graphics and the music.

Ha, I just saw a quick bit of gameplay/trailer for the seven godsends and I was sold. Looks kind of like Ghosts n Goblins to me which could be excellent. 

#71 MrRidickulous  

MrRidickulous

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:34 AM

I refuse to buy it unless they decide to bring the vita version stateside. There is a vita version [it was released in Japan] and there is clearly a localization since it's released here on PS4. SE just decided not to localize the Vita version, which is absolutely ridiculous given that it's a direct homage to Crono/etc.

They've said they might change their mind. Well, then, they might get a purchase from me... I'll buy that vita version, thanks.

I'm not even trying to be hard ass about it... I just can't see why I'd ever play this on my tv, whereas it looks absolutely perfect for a handheld. I play shooters and racers and whatnot on my tv, not turn based rpgs.

Dude just accept that the vita died a long time ago and is currently on hospice to ease it into its last days. I was an early adopter, sold it like a year and a half ago and not one thing has made me regret that since then.
XBL Gamertag: MrRidickulous but I sold it so I probably won't be on there anymore.
PSN ID: ijustw1n

I will always be your mom's new boyfriend.

#72 Thebacklash   Not your Fathers Root Beer+Vanilla Frosty=Best RB Float! CAGiversary!   1206 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:36 AM

I refuse to buy it unless they decide to bring the vita version stateside.   There is a vita version [it was released in Japan] and there is clearly a localization since it's released here on PS4.   SE just decided not to localize the Vita version, which is absolutely ridiculous given that it's a direct homage to Crono/etc. 

They've said they might change their mind.   Well, then, they might get a purchase from me... I'll buy that vita version, thanks.

I'm not even trying to be hard ass about it... I just can't see why I'd ever play this on my tv, whereas it looks absolutely perfect for a handheld.  I play shooters and racers and whatnot on my tv, not turn based rpgs.

^ this

Or i'll grab it for PC when it's in a humble bundle etc for cheap.

PS4? not interested, until it's on a huge discount on a flash sale.

Vita Digital? i'd buy it sooner rather than later. 

Vita Physical? i'd own it already.

#73 Thebacklash   Not your Fathers Root Beer+Vanilla Frosty=Best RB Float! CAGiversary!   1206 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:38 AM

Dude just accept that the vita died a long time ago and is currently on hospice to ease it into its last days. I was an early adopter, sold it like a year and a half ago and not one thing has made me regret that since then.

If it "died a long time ago" why are games being released for it still? Physical and digital, well into next year with scheduled releases.

#74 cleaver   You have 0 friends CAGiversary!   3422 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:44 AM

That would be a surprise since that's been the thing they've said about the PS4 tables since it launched on PS4. If you want to try it and report back, I'm curious to see if that stance has changed.

Qurare seems to have been pulled. Try the PS3 GG DLC again, as it just worked for me a minute ago.

I bought the season 2 bundle and it turned Civil War Vita to free, had to buy that, and the ones that don't say Zen Pinball 2 and begin with Marvel Pinball for PS3 instead still showed full price (NBD for me), but all other tables showed as purchased.
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#75 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1539 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:54 AM

Holy shit! Grandia 3 stealth release. The story isn't anything to write home about but the combat is still the best turn based jrpg has to offer.

#76 herpalert  

herpalert

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:56 AM

It says in the description of the PS4 Marvel packs that they're cross buy, are we sure we don't get the Vita/PS3 versions? I might go for Guinea pig if no one else does.

Just took the plunge on both PS4 marvel packs. All tables came up on Vita with the exception of Guardians of the Galaxy and Age of Ultron.

Vita downloads can be kinda weird sometimes.

#77 Josh1billion   ゲーム開発者 CAGiversary!   2065 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:57 AM

Holy shit! Grandia 3 stealth release. The story isn't anything to write home about but the combat is still the best turn based jrpg has to offer.

What's the combat like that makes you enjoy it so much?  I love a good combat system and haven't tried Grandia III yet.

Also, looks like it's coming to PS4 soon, too: https://www.esrb.org...tle=Grandia III

Josh1billion.png

Developing some PS4/Vita games in my free time.  Website | Twitter | Facebook

Super Blackout released a while ago on PS Vita for $4.99.  Full PlayStation TV support.

Now working on a PS4/Vita platformer, coming soon.

#78 karekano126   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   390 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

karekano126

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:55 AM

What's the combat like that makes you enjoy it so much? I love a good combat system and haven't tried Grandia III yet.

Also, looks like it's coming to PS4 soon, too: https://www.esrb.org...tle=Grandia III

I hope grandia2 releases someday as well.

#79 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   239 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 20 July 2016 - 04:27 AM

Any word on how much Hyper Light Drifter will be?

#80 illatwill  

illatwill

Posted 20 July 2016 - 04:52 AM

Thanks for the new thread Frisky.

I will be waiting for a sale on :ps4: I Am Setsuna as well. :^o

#81 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   905 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:08 AM

It's suppose to run like crap on vita. I'm just about as big of vita fan as you can get, but why wait for an inferior product that runs worse?

giphy.gif

#82 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2669 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:13 AM

Not surprised that Gemini: Heroes Reborn is $4.49 when Microsoft just had it on "sale" for around $10. Just an example of when I mention the PlayStation sale prices are actual sale prices.

Share your gaming videos here - www.GamersVlog.com

Check out my trade/sell list here - Updated 7/17/16

#83 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1686 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:27 AM

Good deal for Mortal Kombat at $13? Or would you guys recommend waiting for a "GOTY" full version?

#84 Thebacklash   Not your Fathers Root Beer+Vanilla Frosty=Best RB Float! CAGiversary!   1206 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:29 AM

It's suppose to run like crap on vita. I'm just about as big of vita fan as you can get, but why wait for an inferior product that runs worse?

From what I've read... it loads SLOWER.... thats the extent of the "issues" 2-3 second loads on PS4, up to 12 second loads on Vita. Pretty much everything else is fine. 

Optimist the game, and it would be fine.

#85 IchiroVader   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

IchiroVader

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:24 AM

Time for my once a year post in the PSN Weekly Deals thread. Thanks to Frisky and all the regulars that make it so useful and entertaining.

DrFloyd37.png

#86 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   885 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:53 AM

For my new thread gold star - Installed a 4TB hybrid drive on my PS4 over the weekend.  E-peen off the charts.  Sony really should have put USB3 & AC radios in there to be, you know, next gen.  I blame Obama.  Thanks FriskyT!

How did you make it fit (maybe external install)?  Or is there a new 4TB 2.5" 9.5mm drive that I don't know about?

#87 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1328 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:14 AM

Just took the plunge on both PS4 marvel packs. All tables came up on Vita with the exception of Guardians of the Galaxy and Age of Ultron.

Vita downloads can be kinda weird sometimes.

Marvel Pinball Season 2 features the following tables and packs:

• Civil War
• Deadpool
• Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
• Avengers Chronicles
• Marvel’s Ant-Man
• Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron
• Venom

Purchasing this content entitles you to the PS3™ system, PS4™ system, and “PS Vita” system versions!

So, there should be some way to enforce them to give you all the tables on all the systems.

#88 Killbomb   Waiting for Darkness CAGiversary!   3007 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:01 PM

I own a VIta and 3DS but I have never been big on handhelds especially since I never game on the go. I also don't find them very comfortable especially not for JRPGs which could take many, many hours. I Am Setsuna apparently clocks in at a fairly short (for a JRPG) 25-30 hours but that is a lot longer than I want to spend staring at a Vita or even bother with my PSTV when a PS4 version is available. Still probably wait for a sale on it since I've bought so much during the recent sales.

Killbomb.png

#89 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1792 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:56 PM

Really surprised to see a PSP stealth release of Retro City Rampage DX.   I went ahead and locked that license in, thanks Frisky.

Strider 2 worth it?

Yep.  Plus, when I bought it during a past sale it was made clear it has the original Strider arcade game built in as well.

I went ahead and fired it up today and it starts with Strider 1 which is quite confusing.  I found a blurb though... and you have to switch "virtual" discs to fire up Strider 2.  Strider 1 is pretty cool for retro arcade with sprites, but Strider 2 is pretty much better in every way (audio is amazing, graphics & movement is smooth).  Strider 2 also is still side scrolling but it's in a 3d world so the graphics have a lot more depth to them.   For the $$$ if you like old school beatemups then you get a lot of bang for the price since it's two full games bundled together.

Here's the blurb on switching discs:

Strider 2 (PSOne Classic) on the PlayStation Network contains both the original Strider, as well as it's sequel. When you start the game for the first time, it will automatically start from the first "disc." To access Strider 2, press the PlayStation button, then from the menu that comes up, go to "Reset Game." From here, you can select disc 1 (Strider) or 2 (Strider 2), which corespond to the discs of the original PlayStation release. You won't need to do this each time - your console will remember what disc you were on last time and start with that disc automatically.

The only thing I'd add is to press and hold the PS button.  Just pressing it will bring you back to the system screen.

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...

#90 djaxxs   Impeccibly Human CAGiversary!   11 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:14 PM

and here i thought my wallet would be safe this week... Grandia iii and the Arkham Origins pass for me.