* * * * - 15 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 5/16: Extended Play Sale! $21 Dart Rally PSVR, $7.79 Driveclub SP, $15 Walking Dead S3, & More!

#10651 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:32 PM

I seriously don't understand how people can put up with the music in Persona. I'm playing Nier and Persona right now and while I like their attempts at music, the amount of repetition drives me insane. I can't stand the music in either game now. 

#10652 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3618 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:26 PM

I think I got South Park: The Stick of Truth for free.  I'm pretty sure my pre-order for Fractured but Whole was cancelled long ago (without my input).  Yet I got a message yesterday about it, and now it's playable.

definitely, "everybody's golf" sounds like some wii shovelware title

The original Japanese title, since the PS1 days, has been Minna no Golf, literally, "Everyone's Golf," and that's what it's been called there and in Europe.  For the American release, they changed the title and often turned the characters into ugly American stereotypes.  Keeping the original name, and hopefully the original characters, will be an improvement.  Hot Shots Golf is dead.  Long live Everybody's Golf.  The real shame is that it took this far into the PS4 life cycle to get it.

I just wish the characters were better. I ultimately think that's why P4 is a better game then P5....the P4 characters were just so much more likeable and I actually gave a shit about them....most the P5 characters are forgettable.

You guys are just attached to P4.  When I played P4, I missed the characters from P3!  I'd imagine you guys must have started with P4, where I played through them all.  There are people who still think Persona 2 is the best one with the best characters.  To say Persona 4 is the best JRPG of all-time is a little over the top.  The characters in P5 are fine, and the dungeons are vastly improved.  The complaints about being forced to sleep and linearity are pretty valid, though. They've certainly all been extremely slow-moving games, and P4 had one of the slowest setups of any game... ever...  You got to learn to love it.

#10653 ritchardf  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:55 PM

I think I got South Park: The Stick of Truth for free.  I'm pretty sure my pre-order for Fractured but Whole was cancelled long ago (without my input).  Yet I got a message yesterday about it, and now it's playable.

something happened on 4/17, it showed up in my purchase history again. problem for me is i no longer have it downloaded and there doesnt seem to be a way to redownload it

#10654 blueArcana   So glad The Cheat is not dead CAGiversary!   802 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

blueArcana

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:22 PM

I seriously don't understand how people can put up with the music in Persona. I'm playing Nier and Persona right now and while I like their attempts at music, the amount of repetition drives me insane. I can't stand the music in either game now. 

Is there a system setting for music level? If not....

Spoiler

blueArcana.png

#10655 TheGreenArr0w   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   511 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

TheGreenArr0w

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

Friday the 13th game theme on PSN right now. Gimme a shadow drop of the gameeee

#10656 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3618 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:47 PM

something happened on 4/17, it showed up in my purchase history again. problem for me is i no longer have it downloaded and there doesnt seem to be a way to redownload it

I downloaded it and played it immediately.  Did you get the message where it said to renew your licenses or something like that? Try that?  So in your download list (on PC and/or PS4--I'd check both), there is nothing to click to download it?

Friday the 13th game theme on PSN right now. Gimme a shadow drop of the gameeee

Friday_the_13th_gameplay.png

#10657 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   64349 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

Some new deals:

:ps4: :vita: Dex - $13.39 - 33% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/27

:ps4: Horse Racing 2016 - $9.74 - 25% Off - Ends 4/28

:ps4: Semispheres - $7.49 - 25% Off - $6.69 - 33% Off - Ends 4/28

:ps4: Sniper Elite 4 - $38.99 - 35% Off - Ends 4/24

:ps4: Sniper Elite 4 Deluxe Edition - $58.49 - 35% Off - Ends 4/24

Freebie:

:ps4: Dark Souls III: Transitory Lands Theme - Free

:ps4: Friday the 13th: The Game Theme - Free

New Releases:

:ps4: Deformers - $29.99

:ps4: Marvel Heroes Omega Avengers Founder's Pack - $59.99

:ps4: Marvel Heroes Omega Deadpool Founder's Pack - $19.99

:ps4: Marvel Heroes Omega Guardians of the Galaxy Founder's Pack - $39.99

:ps4: Marvel Heroes Omega Spider-Man Founder's Pack - $19.99

Some other info on Marvel Heroes Omega:

• Iron Fist and the Spider-Man Symbiote Enhanced are time-exclusives. You can acquire them by getting all the Founder's Packs available on the PSN.
  • Daredevil will be a PSN Exclusive meaning that once we are in Open Beta, you can head to the PSN store and grab him for free. He won't be available in Closed Beta.
  • War Machine is a PS+ Exclusive. If you are a PS+ member, you can head to the PSN store and purchase his pack for $16.99. This pack also includes Closed Beta access, War Machine playable, Civil War Costume, 1 XP Boost and 5$ worth of G's.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#10658 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   3810 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:21 PM

Is there a system setting for music level? If not....

Spoiler

pfft

I'm with you there.  Some of the music is good but the issue that the tracks are so short and loop constantly gets old fast.  They still haven't learned that you spend too much time in areas for the game for the music to be so short.  Yet there's a dozen or so tracks that are only played once which could have been put into an areas rotation so then at least you wouldn't be hearing the same song a little less.  

Considering the mc's in 3 wore headphones and had an mp3 player you'd think they'd set it up to let you listen to radio music, mc's music or your own stuff in game.

Currently on the look out for a decent price on Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness.  

#10659 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:28 PM

I'm fine with the music in P5, I'm just tired of the cat telling me to go to bed!
:3ds: Pokémon Moon :wiiu: Loz: Breath of the Wild
883416.pngEchoMan83.png

#10660 psychoseoul  

psychoseoul

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:49 PM

Regarding Persona 5...

Because I'm already stretching for time on the 80+ hours required to go through the game once, and the fact that it is nearly impossible to max out all the confidants in one try without assistance, I'm using a spoiler-free guide from gamefaqs to determine my schedule, which has kept me from experiencing the aggravation of having Morgana tell me to go to bed at night

The guide reveals very little in terms of plot, and leaves you with very minimal assistance for the dungeons and mementos, other than how deep into them you should go on a certain day, when you should send calling cards, and with which characters you need to interact to open up the missions.

Some might feel that this spoils the experience, but for me personally, I've been having a blast with the game and marathoned through quite a bit of it during spring break. I wouldn't mind stressing about my choices if I had the time for a full NG+, but with so many games on the backlog, I just wanted to get the majority of the game's content in one playthrough without having the story spoiled for me, which is the main draw for me in the Persona games.

As for the music, I love the soundtrack. The main vocal jazz theme is nice to chill to. Love the Velvet Room theme. The battle theme and the victory fanfare are memorable. The dungeon themes... not so much. The themes are simple and repetitive, but very fitting to the context / environment / theme to which they are tied.

The art direction is out of this world. I loved the bright neons of Persona 4, and the bold black and red going on in Persona 5 is explosive. Characters are highly stylized and well written, even if some do fall into the anime / jRPG cliches. It's been difficult for me to even remember the names of the characters from the recent / modern Final Fantasy, Tales, and Star Ocean entries, but I can actually remember most of the confidants from Persona 5. 

Combat is a huge step above the previous entries in the series, as are the dungeons.

I don't know if I can agree with the people who are saying that P5 is the best jRPG ever, but I can say that for this generation of consoles so far, it is the best jRPG. 

#10661 elessar123  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:54 PM

I'm a sharp shiftah..

Even worse is that I can't turn off the music in Persona without turning off all other sound. At least in Nier, there was music volume.

Spoiler

#10662 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7339 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:07 PM

I don't mind the music...it's pretty good (especially the evening music...great stuff). What drives me nuts is every time I hit an enemy's weak point and Morgana says that's awesome senpai or something like that. You don't have to do it with each and every knockdown! 

#10663 elessar123  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:26 PM

I don't mind the music...it's pretty good (especially the evening music...great stuff). What drives me nuts is every time I hit an enemy's weak point and Morgana says that's awesome senpai or something like that. You don't have to do it with each and every knockdown! 

Does he say that in English? I haven't noticed it in Japanese. I just imagine Pikachu talking when Morgana speaks (same Japanese voice actress).

Spoiler

#10664 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   64349 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:32 PM

N++ Ultimate Edition is a huge update coming to the game soon and it's a huge update that doubles the content in a game that already had over 2000 levels in it:

What’s new in the Ultimate Edition update? So much. It’s so big, it’s like a second N++. The Ultimate Edition has taken over a year to create and perfect, and we’ve added 60 dynamic new colour schemes, new levels, new ninja headbands, new secrets and more.

The Ultimate Edition doubles the size of N++, bringing the total to an unprecedented 4340 hand-crafted, finely-tuned levels. Play through the lengthy and challenging Solo campaign, or with friends in Couch Co-op and Race (Competitive). We’ve also added a brand new mode, called Hardcore, which changes the rules of the game and lets you see Solo in a whole new light. Hardcore mode is all about pure skill and grace under pressure, a true challenge for Ultimate ninjas!

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

#10665 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   64349 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:35 PM

#10666 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   1769 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:55 PM

CoD needs to die a slow death.

#10667 psychoseoul  

psychoseoul

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:57 PM

Does he say that in English? I haven't noticed it in Japanese. I just imagine Pikachu talking when Morgana speaks (same Japanese voice actress).

I'm curious how bad the voice acting must be in English too. I've never heard Morgana refer to anyone as senpai in the Japanese audio, and the general quips from the team members haven't been noticeably annoying for me. 

#10668 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4790 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:00 PM

Yeah weird for sure. "Hot Shots" has been a brand name everyone would recognize going back to the Playstation One. Man, I wish they would patch trophies into Hot Shots Golf - Out Of Bounds & Hot Shot Shots Golf Fore (and port to PS4).

Hot Shots was always called Everybody Golf in other territories. I've been buying European gaming magazines and I've always seen it written that way.

#10669 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   64349 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:03 PM

What do you think is happening?

#10670 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1328 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:05 PM

I know nothing about this game, but wowzers, 60 bucks to get access to 6 characters.  Those 4 packs cost 140 bucks! Selling mobile games is a great career.

Bring on the whales.

#10671 GamerSavage   I'm Old And Need A Nap CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:12 PM

Halfway tempted to trade in my physical copy of NCAA FB 14 and flip to digital. Decisions, descions...

The best part of being a gamer... having a backlog of games that'll take months to complete

#10672 psychoseoul  

psychoseoul

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:17 PM

N++ Ultimate Edition is a huge update coming to the game soon and it's a huge update that doubles the content in a game that already had over 2000 levels in it:

I've been a huge fan of N since its inception as a flash game. The developers have mentioned that they are working on a port for the Switch, which I think is going to be the perfect platform for this game.

#10673 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1117 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:28 PM

What do you think is happening?

still the best selling game

#10674 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2963 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:30 PM

Based on nothing but the title, this year's COD is the most excited I've been for the franchise in years.  Of course, I have no idea if i'll really care about it in the end.  All that being said, Activision clearly needs to handle the brand better, so hopefully they are figuring it out.  I doubt it.

#10675 tomwaits1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   416 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

I know nothing about Marvel Heroes Omega, but wowzers, 60 bucks to get access to 6 characters.  Those 4 packs cost 140 bucks! Selling mobile games is a great career.

Bring on the whales.

Has anyone played the PC version of Marvel Heroes Omega and know what it takes to unlock extra characters? How much play time/game money does it take to unlock each character? Will all the characters from these 'founder packs' be unlockable by playing the F2P version once it's officially released? (except the characters with exclusive conditions noted at the bottom of Frisky's post)

Basically, is there any reason to buy one of these founder packs now besides getting access to the closed beta?

tom_waits.png

#10676 elessar123  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:58 PM

I'm curious how bad the voice acting must be in English too. I've never heard Morgana refer to anyone as senpai in the Japanese audio, and the general quips from the team members haven't been noticeably annoying for me. 

I was curious and watched a youtube video.

Spoiler

I get different impressions about how they refer to some people in English vs Japanese also. They refer to "Boss" as "Master", and I get more of the feel they're referring to skill mastery, and not what I'd associate with the word boss.

I don't hear them refer to people as senpai etc. There's a lot of scenes where they say to drop honorifics. In those situations, it was just dropping the -san.

Lady Ann also sounds weird. Morgana says Ann-dono, the same honorific Kenshin uses when addressing Kaoru.

Spoiler

#10677 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   64349 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:26 PM

Has anyone played the PC version of Marvel Heroes Omega and know what it takes to unlock extra characters? How much play time/game money does it take to unlock each character? Will all the characters from these 'founder packs' be unlockable by playing the F2P version once it's officially released? (except the characters with exclusive conditions noted at the bottom of Frisky's post)

Basically, is there any reason to buy one of these founder packs now besides getting access to the closed beta?

There are a big variety of ways to unlock characters. They've had simple "Log In from X to Y date and get Z for free" events, B1G1 events, and sales on the in-game currency, characters, packs, and all that. That's how I've gotten the half dozen or so characters I have on PC despite only playing with Captain America because he's my favorite of the bunch and very similar to the Crusader from Diablo III. There is a currency in-game that you earn by just playing it that lets you redeem for a free character item that doesn't take all that long, though I've only played it on PC for about 10 hours and that isn't purely just playing the game. If they support it in the same way, there shouldn't be much issue unless you're obsessed with getting everything.

The other thing is that the PC version gives you access to about 5-10 characters to start trying out up to level 10 before you're forced to pick one to unlock for free, so assuming they continue all of this stuff, you're probably not going to be going in blind so easily. If you're going to jump on a founder's pack, it would probably be a good idea to look up wikis that explain their play style and such so you can have a good idea of who you're buying into since there's no F2P option at the moment.

As for straight money conversion, I believe most characters are in the $5 to $10 range with the popular MCU characters being up to $20. I can go look in the PC version to double check if you want. Costumes are similar in that MCU costumes for popular characters are ridiculously expensive and are for crazy people that care more for cosmetics than pure gameplay.

Any characters you get with the Founder's Packs will carry over, along with all of the other stuff, so you'd be mainly paying to get in now. You also get Iron Fist and a free outfit if you buy all of the packs, which is only for crazy people with more money than time. There will be a save wipe for progress near the end of the closed beta, but that should be it for what you'll lose if you get in now. There's more info in the Q&A if you want to read up on everything they've announced.

#10678 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7339 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:43 PM

I don't think he says senpai I think he just says Joker. But he says the same line just about each and every time I hit an enemies weakness. Doesn't change the fact I wish they would just not say anything or have to choice for no one to say anything.

#10679 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   35866 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:57 PM

I don't think he says senpai I think he just says Joker. But he says the same line just about each and every time I hit an enemies weakness. Doesn't change the fact I wish they would just not say anything or have to choice for no one to say anything.

Didn't Teddie/Rise always say something (one of 2-3 lines per character) every time you hit a weakness in Persona 4?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing:  :ds: Dragon Quest VI :ps4: Persona 5 :ps3: The Evil Within: The Assignment/Consequence :vita: Period Cube; Persona 4 Golden (NG+); Salt & Sanctuary

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps4: Pac-Man (4.25/5) :vita: Sky Force Anniversary (4.0/5)

#10680 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7339 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:13 PM

Didn't Teddie/Rise always say something (one of 2-3 lines per character) every time you hit a weakness in Persona 4?

Pretty sure Fuuka did it in P3 as well. I don't know why it annoyed the heck out of me...guess cause the last dungeon I was in I got in a lot of fights...think I went up 7 or 8 levels haha. Just got old to me. I much prefer 1 More flashing on the screen like SMT IV.