* * * * * 16 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 6/27: Huge Mid Year Sale & Sonic Sales! Too many deals for CAG to handle!

#5671 NvaderJim   Game Ninja CAGiversary!   610 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:38 AM

What gives?! Was going to get Return to Arkham and found out about this 20% coupon. Looked and no newsletter. Bummed, but I was still going to get Return to Arkham, but it's not on sale anymore?!? I thought it was in the holiday sale till the 13th.

To top it all off, this was after I had 3 games in my cart at best buy and I freaking fell asleep for like 10 mins at the computer. Woke up, and it was 4 minutes after 1am and the sale was over so B2G1 free was dead.

What in the blue hell is happening to me tonight!

Snoozing and losing.  :shame:

#5672 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   721 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:33 PM

Any chivalry fans? Looks fun but I keep seeing things about its framerate.

#5673 plasmabeam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   476 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

plasmabeam

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:43 PM

Anyone willing to donate a 20% off code they don't need?

#5674 iduncurr   McNubbin CAGiversary!   2796 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:16 PM

Anybody know of any discount PSN GC deals to double dip? 

#5675 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68879 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:18 PM

http://blog.us.plays...s-for-12132016/

Here's The Drop for this week:

New Releases: Week of December 13, 2016

Bridge Constructor
PS4 — Digital

Become an appraised bridge engineer and architect in Bridge Constructor. Create and design your own constructions and watch the vehicles pass over them — or see them fall and crash while your inferior creations collapse due the laws of physics!

Don Bradman Cricket 17
PS4 — Digital (Out 12/15)

Don Bradman Cricket 17 brings a new revolutionary control system delivering the best batting, bowling, and fielding experience by providing you an even greater level of variety and precision of play. Motion captured first class cricketers, including Female Cricketers for the first time in all game modes.

Drive!Drive!Drive!
PS4 — Digital

Drive!Drive!Drive! is a racing game unlike any other, where players must drive their cars to victory across multiple tracks at the same time. To place well in every track you’re racing on, you’re going to have to hop track-to-track on a regular basis!

Fat City VR
PS VR — Digital (Out 12/15)

In this action-puzzler spread throughout the five boroughs of New York City, players will use their cunning and brain power to plan raids and execute getaways to pull in the big bucks in the city that never sleeps.

Feist
PS4 — Digital

Feist is a multi-award winning, beautifully handcrafted action game. It follows the story of a fragile little fur creature and its desperate attempt to rescue its mate from the clutches of a pack of malicious predators.

Her Majesty’s Spiffing
PS4 — Digital

Assuming command of the near futuristic spaceship HMSS Imperialise and her crew, you will venture into the cosmos, solving puzzles, engaging in witty banter, deal with crippling claustrophobia, gradually succumb to the sustained exposure of cosmic radiation, and so on. All for Queen and Country.

I Expect You to Die
PS VR — Digital

​​I Expect You To Die is a virtual reality puzzle game that places you in the well-polished shoes of an elite secret agent. You must attempt to survive deadly situations in immersive and dangerous locales. Complete each operation using problem-solving skills and wits… oh, and the power of telekinesis that all our agents are equipped with.

The Little Acre
PS4 — Digital

The Little Acre follows the story of Aidan and his daughter, Lily, set in 1950’s Ireland. After discovering clues as to the whereabouts of his missing father, Aidan begins investigating until he inadvertently finds himself transported to a strange new world.

Magnet Knights

Magnet Knights is a competitive local multiplayer game. Each knight has the ability to magnetize on the walls and the Knights can attack each other with Swords, Arrows, and the Mighty Hammer, among others.

Maldita Castilla EX

Cursed Castilla (Maldita Castilla EX) is an arcade action platformer full of creatures from medieval myths from Spain and the rest of Europe, as well as from chivalric romances. This game is an extended version of the renowned classic arcade Maldita Castilla, originally created by the indie Locomalito.

Motor Strike: Immortal Legends

A new action racing experience. Compete against your friends in a frenzied battle that mixes action and driving as you’ve never seen before!

Perfect
PSVR — Digital

Perfect is virtual reality escapism at its purest. Leave behind the daily grind and slip away to beautiful and relaxing locations, made possible through VR. Visit several stunning and interactive destinations, from sun-drenched beaches and peaceful mountains to the spectacular northern lights. Instantly accessible yet endlessly captivating.

Stardew Valley
PS4 — Digital

You’ve inherited your grandfather’s old farm plot in Stardew Valley. Armed with hand-me-down tools and a few coins, you set out to begin your new life. Can you learn to live off the land and turn these overgrown fields into a thriving home?

Trove
PS4 — Digital

Grab your friends and set off for adventure in this free-to-play, voxel-based action MMO. Whether you want to battle deadly monsters, explore wild realms, build new worlds, or just show off your style, Trove’s got you covered!

#5676 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   514 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:47 PM

So apparently Majesco Entertainment merged with some biomedical company a few days ago and are exiting the video games business. 

Is it correct to assume that unless some other company manages to scoop up the publishing rights, this might be the last call for "A Boy and His Blob" (on sale during Week 1 of the Holiday Sale for $3.49/$2.49 PS+ until Dec 13)?  How do these situations usually work?

#5677 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:07 PM

i ended up using my 20% coupon on Assassins Creed Syndicate Gold, Uncharted 4 Premium Pass and Twisted Metal Black.  Probably means amazing digital sales will go up next week.

#5678 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:34 PM

i ended up using my 20% coupon on Assassins Creed Syndicate Gold, Uncharted 4 Premium Pass and Twisted Metal Black. Probably means amazing digital sales will go up next week.

We appreciate your sacrifice.

#5679 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68879 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:19 AM

So apparently Majesco Entertainment merged with some biomedical company a few days ago and are exiting the video games business. 

Is it correct to assume that unless some other company manages to scoop up the publishing rights, this might be the last call for "A Boy and His Blob" (on sale during Week 1 of the Holiday Sale for $3.49/$2.49 PS+ until Dec 13)?  How do these situations usually work?

I don't think they're going bankrupt, so the games should stay for a while until they decide whether to renew their licenses or not whenever they come up. If you want to guarantee access to them for the foreseeable future, then get them ASAP. 

#5680 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1680 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:41 AM

I have a new, unopened ps3 super slim with 10 GB onboard ssd that has sat in my closet for years. I also have a 500 GB internal hard drive that i can install. How does data management work on this machine? Do i have the option to run the os and firmware on the 10 GB ssd space and manually install downloads and disc games to the regular 500 GB drive that i am installing?

I have never had a ps3 like this so i am wondering how to run it for the 1st time the way i want it to and not have it do anything automatically to screw up the scenario that i want.

Any suggestions?

#5681 jms209   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:53 AM

Not sure what to do, have $13 game to buy from the sale.

I can use my 20% code to make it 10.40. Save $2.60.

Or save it for this week and hope I find a better deal to use coupon on.

Expires 19th, do have time, also paranoid of flash sale this week lol

#5682 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:56 AM

Go big or go home, save it

#5683 jms209   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:08 AM

I really hope I find some good games for this weeks sale. I will likely save it, $2.60 isn't much to save.

#5684 SPORK94  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:51 AM

I find it kind of disappointing that the weekly emails just disappeared for me. I wanted to buy Atelier Sophie to prep for Firis.

#5685 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   499 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:49 PM

I found out about the coupon after I spent $13 on Overcooked. I know I wouldn't have saved much, but there's not much I want. Hope there's something I want in this week's sale.

#5686 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1134 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:12 PM

Is God of War Chains of Olympus worth the $8 on the Vita?  I already own it on the PS3, but I hardly have time to play it there, there is more of chance of me playing it on the go.  Are there are control/button issues with the touchscreen and lack of L2/L3 and R2/R3?

#5687 elessar123  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:16 PM

Is God of War Chains of Olympus worth the $8 on the Vita?  I already own it on the PS3, but I hardly have time to play it there, there is more of chance of me playing it on the go.  Are there are control/button issues with the touchscreen and lack of L2/L3 and R2/R3?

It was designed for the PSP. I beat it fine on the PSP, so I don't think there'd be an issue on the Vita.

#5688 bearranza  

bearranza

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:35 PM

Hoping beyond hope for a decent price on Rise of the Tomb Raider. 

#5689 The1llusiveMan   The Once and Future Gamer CAGiversary!   515 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

The1llusiveMan

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:45 PM

I have it set to receive everything from them but I haven't seen a newsletter in a while. Boo!

#5690 thecatinthehat   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

thecatinthehat

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:35 PM

Hoping beyond hope for a decent price on Rise of the Tomb Raider. 

So am I.

#5691 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2680 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:28 PM

Not sure what to do, have $13 game to buy from the sale.

I can use my 20% code to make it 10.40. Save $2.60.

Or save it for this week and hope I find a better deal to use coupon on.

Expires 19th, do have time, also paranoid of flash sale this week lol

Flash sale would be very unlikely.  The last two years it's been on the 24th.  So you can wait till friday but it would be a huge change for them to have the flash sale early.

The main thing I want currently on sale is Axiom Verge, which nicely is not part of the weekly sale but an extended sale until 1/4/17... but no doubt with tuesday's sale items I'm going to have to make some decisions on that 20% code from my email.  I'm thinking, if the sale sucks for me (because my library is already pretty massive)... I'll just get some more PS1/PSP classics from my wishlist.

#5692 Althax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1005 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:28 PM

Come on salt and sanctuary deal!

#5693 GoLDii3  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:52 PM

Heads up to anyone looking to buy a 10$ PSN Card. Pcgamesupply have them on 30% discount for a limited time. 1 per customer limit. Card only,no paypal.

Received mine just fine and fast.

#5694 MattOK  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:02 PM

Heads up to anyone looking to buy a 10$ PSN Card. Pcgamesupply have them on 30% discount for a limited time. 1 per customer limit. Card only,no paypal.

Used it and it worked, thanks. Little worried them asking for phone verification was meant to send me spam texts later, though.

#5695 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1245 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:06 PM

Thanks, I grabbed one!

#5696 GoLDii3  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:23 PM

Used it and it worked, thanks. Little worried them asking for phone verification was meant to send me spam texts later, though.

I've already bought from them like three times never received any SMS spam.

#5697 bers817  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:55 PM

Thanks, I wish I could buy more.

#5698 AFarewell2Arms   We President Now CAGiversary!   1197 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

AFarewell2Arms

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:33 PM

FYI to those doing the PCgamesupply code, I received a phishing e-mail shortly after getting my legit code from an e-mail address with the domain vcdelivery. The subject said Sony Playstation has sent you an e-gift. Be careful what you click on after you order.

#5699 hauntingspirit   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

hauntingspirit

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:49 PM

not phishing, thats how your code is delivered.

#5700 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68879 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:59 PM

http://blog.us.plays...december-15-20/

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is having a Free Weekend from 12/15 @ 1 PM ET to 12/20 @ 1 PM ET that lets you play some of all three modes. The campaign lets you play the first two levels. The multiplayer is capped at level 15 and Zombies is also capped at level 3, though you can play as much as you want beyond that. Progress will transfer over to the full game if you get it, so I'd guess the various forms of the game will be on sale during this window.

http://blog.us.plays...orrow-on-ps-vr/

Perfect is one of the PSVR games releasing tomorrow for $9.99, but will have a launch discount until 1/4/17 for $7.99 (20% off).