* * * * * 16 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 6/27: Huge Mid Year Sale & Sonic Sales! Too many deals for CAG to handle!

#5881 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic CAGiversary!   596 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:47 PM

Anyone play Deus Ex?

Yes. It's a great game.

#5882 kill3r7   MiNd ThE GaP CAGiversary!   4650 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:53 PM

Anyone play Deus Ex?

Just beat it this week. I really enjoyed the game, especially the side missions. The main story is relatively short and a bit of a letdown. Gameplay is much the same as HR. 

#5883 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1767 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:34 PM

Just beat it this week. I really enjoyed the game, especially the side missions. The main story is relatively short and a bit of a letdown. Gameplay is much the same as HR.

Is it better to splurge then and pick up the ultimate edition?

#5884 kill3r7   MiNd ThE GaP CAGiversary!   4650 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:50 PM

Is it better to splurge then and pick up the ultimate edition?

I got the Ultimate Edition during the BF sale but have yet to play the DLC. The DLC is a stand alone. You get Praxis and get to recreate Jensen. If I were you, I would say get the regular edition and buy the DLC piecemeal if you are so inclined. What is the price difference between the two versions?

#5885 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70317 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:02 PM

A new deal:

PSVR Headmaster - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 12/19

A few freebies:

:ps4: NASCAR Heat Evolution - Miller Lite Paint Scheme Pack - Free

:ps4: NASCAR Heat Evolution - Toyota Challenge Pack 4 - Free

:ps4: NASCAR Heat Evolution - Toyota Paint Scheme Pack 4 - Free

A couple of new releases:

:ps4: Cursed Castilla (Maldita Castilla EX) - $11.99

:ps4: Motor Strike: Immortal Legends - $19.99

#5886 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:58 PM

Oh good, no flash sale today for me to have to factor my coupon usage in to.

#5887 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3302 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:44 PM

Finally finished my psn purchase to maximize my 20% off coupon ... ended up getting...

Axiom Verge, Ridge Racer (the fantastic PSP version), Loco Roco 2 (PSP), Threads of Fate (PS1), Breath of Fire III (PSP), Revoltin' Youth (MInis), Daxter (PSP), Um Jammer Lammy (PS1), and opted to just get Ray Gigant (Vita) because it was just so cheap especially with that extra 20% off.  Total ended up being $50.07 for 9 games.  So I nearly maxed out my cart and eliminated some games from my wishlist.

The day isn' tover yet... flash sales start later in the day most of the time.  Of course this month's should be on the 24th as the last few years have been.

#5888 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9981 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:01 PM

Oh good, no flash sale today for me to be even more pissed that I don't have a coupon. ;)

#5889 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70317 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:48 PM

The day isn' tover yet... flash sales start later in the day most of the time.  Of course this month's should be on the 24th as the last few years have been.

Flash Sales start around 11 AM ET or so. This month's Flash Sale should begin on the 23rd.

#5890 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2049 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:37 PM

Finally finished my psn purchase to maximize my 20% off coupon ... ended up getting...

Axiom Verge, Ridge Racer (the fantastic PSP version), Loco Roco 2 (PSP), Threads of Fate (PS1), Breath of Fire III (PSP), Revoltin' Youth (MInis), Daxter (PSP), Um Jammer Lammy (PS1), and opted to just get Ray Gigant (Vita) because it was just so cheap especially with that extra 20% off. Total ended up being $50.07 for 9 games. So I nearly maxed out my cart and eliminated some games from my wishlist.

The day isn' tover yet... flash sales start later in the day most of the time. Of course this month's should be on the 24th as the last few years have been.

I call that purchase the backlog builder. Dare you to play one before it goes on sale for a better price!

#5891 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:56 AM

OK so I'm definitely buying the following:

Hyper Light Drifter

SteamWorld Heist

Enter the Gungeon

Firewatch

Headlander

LEGO Jurassic World

Klaus

So that puts me at 7 games and now I need to decide from the following (roughly in this order):

Darkest Dungeon - Already have but never played on PC

Ray Gigant - Seems interesting for the price

Jotun - Really want but have on PC and a little high still Not even 50% off w/ coupon so will wait for better sale.

Four Sided Fantasy - Mostly positive reception but with some issues

Drinkbox Collection - Only need Severed and maybe it will be on sale cheaper on its own one day

DAI GOTY - Have vanilla on XB1 and the DLC alone is more expensive on sale, no idea if the DLC is any good though

Hotline Miami 2 - Didn't play as well on console and seems like an eventual PS+ candidate

Oh the decisions. Would probably get the entirety of it if the cart wasn't limited to 10 games.

#5892 RiPPn  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:04 AM

This was my week 2 haul and thanks to the 10 item limitation had to grab another 5 items outside of the coupon.. these first 2 weeks of sales have cost me over $200 and we still have 2 more weeks and a flash sale.. lol  Happy holidays indeed!

Grand Kingdom (Full Game) $15.99
Stardew Valley (Downloadable Game) $11.99
Just Cause 3 XL Edition (Full Game and Add-On Content) $16.89
Saints Row / Metro Double Pack (Game) $10.99
Firewatch Dynamic Theme Bundle (Full Game and Add-On Content) $9.67
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (Downloadable Game) $5.99
Until Dawn (35.3 GB) $6.39
SteamWorld Heist (Downloadable Game) $6.39
Hyper Light Drifter® (Downloadable Game) $9.59
Legend of Kay Anniversary (Full Game) $4.79

Subtotal: $98.68
Tax: $8.51
Total:  $107.19

Song of the Deep (Full Game) $5.09
Four Sided Fantasy (Game) $3.99
-KLAUS- (Downloadable Game) $4.99
SteamWorld Heist - The Outsider (Add-On Content) $4.99
Hatbox: Hatful Eight + 2 (Add-On Content) $1.99

Subtotal: $21.05
Tax: $1.80
Total:  $22.85

#5893 .Beowulf  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:56 AM

We've had a helluva year

lots of tragedy

a roller coaster of emotions 2016 has taken us on throughout the world

but all the tragedy is NOTHING compared the what is to come...if...

PoP sands of time doesn't go on sale next week

#5894 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:10 AM

Anybody that hasn't done so, buy Stardew Valley even at full price. I wish I wouldn't have waited for the console release to play it since it's probably going to be my GOTY.

#5895 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3280 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:12 AM

It is late in the day, but games top is offering free shipping on everything today. So Song of the Deep is ~$6.50 for a used copy using PUR and cag16. I was glad I waited on purchasing it from the sale because I would rather have the physical copy.

#5896 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3280 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:14 AM

Anybody that hasn't done so, buy Stardew Valley even at full price. I wish I wouldn't have waited for the console release to play it since it's probably going to be my GOTY.

Don't say this, I have been so tempted to get it this week but would really prefer it be discounted.

#5897 Deliciouspinto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1367 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Deliciouspinto

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:30 AM

I got it and will be playing tonight, have been waiting since the release in Steam to play. Definitely good to hear this feedback

#5898 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1259 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:14 PM

Axiom Verge, Ridge Racer (the fantastic PSP version), Loco Roco 2 (PSP), Threads of Fate (PS1), Breath of Fire III (PSP), Revoltin' Youth (MInis), Daxter (PSP), Um Jammer Lammy (PS1), and opted to just get Ray Gigant (Vita) because it was just so cheap especially with that extra 20% off. Total ended up being $50.07 for 9 games. So I nearly maxed out my cart and eliminated some games from my wishlist.

The day isn' tover yet... flash sales start later in the day most of the time. Of course this month's should be on the 24th as the last few years have been.

Got me excited. I thought all the games you got were on sale

#5899 SlimSkeletor  

SlimSkeletor

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:52 PM

Would anyone recommend the Dragon Age ps4 game of the year edition?

#5900 Captain Urahara   Praise The Sun CAGiversary!   2945 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Captain Urahara

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:04 PM

I can.

I bought Dragon Age Inquisition at release and later bought each of the big DLCs as they came out. The first two DLCs(Jaws of Hakkon and The Descent) were very meh overall, but the third DLC (Trespasser) was really good. Plus you are going to get the extra little DLC packs that just add some weapons and armor and such. I never bothered with those but they should be a nice bonus.

Jaws of Hakkon and The Descent add some little bits to the overall story and lore, but Trespasser has some really, really big implications on the Dragon Age universe as a whole.

As a whole I thought DA:I was pretty good. Much better than Dragon Age 2 for sure.

#5901 psychoseoul  

psychoseoul

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:33 PM

Inquisition is a fantastic game. Easy to recommend at this price.

#5902 Ltrain8765   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Ltrain8765

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:11 PM

I have been thinking about dragon's age as well-  I heard you have to constantly ping everywhere looking for items?  is that true?  

seems like that would be annoying

#5903 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:28 PM

I am really hoping Portal 2 goes on sale. I think it has only been on sale like one time for $5 for that women in gaming sale and that was like 2+ years ago.

Stardew Valley is really tempting. I tried it out before and it is a neat game.

#5904 .Beowulf  

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:08 AM

I am really hoping Portal 2 goes on sale. I think it has only been on sale like one time for $5 for that women in gaming sale and that was like 2+ years ago.

Stardew Valley is really tempting. I tried it out before and it is a neat game.

one of the last games in my wishlist

#5905 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2049 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:14 AM

If you have played Until Dawn and enjoyed it, would you describe the beginning as slow and laborious that if you get past you'll find a gem?

#5906 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:19 AM

If you have played Until Dawn and enjoyed it, would you describe the beginning as slow and laborious that if you get past you'll find a gem?

Beginning was a bit cringy but it definitely gets better.

#5907 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3302 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:45 AM

Got me excited. I thought all the games you got were on sale

For me they were as I used my 20% off coupon that was in the newsletter I got on the 10th. I rarely buy full price on PSN but a coupon really softens the blow especially with games that never seem to go on sale. I saved a little over $12 alone from the coupon. :)

#5908 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70317 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:54 AM

The beginning is similar to the early parts of a horror movie, as it's mostly about setting up the characters and their relationship to one another. 

#5909 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2739 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:46 AM

Stardew Valley is insanely addictive. I played for at least 8 hours today.

#5910 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70317 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:58 AM

I've also enjoyed Stardew Valley quite a bit on both Steam and PS4, but I'm hoping they do rework the controls since it's still the one glaring issue from the PC version. For those that aren't aware of it, the menus mostly rely on use of a cursor for everything despite there being obvious uses for the d-pad and analog stick to directly control that stuff. The cursor is even used for dialog choices and the character creator, as in controlling RGB sliders and such in that way. It's not bad enough to ruin anything since it's fine once you get used to it, but it's still the one issue that continues to affect the game.