* * * * * 16 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 6/27: Huge Mid Year Sale & Sonic Sales! Too many deals for CAG to handle!

#10021 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   37024 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:56 PM

Hope this isn't too spammy, but I just announced my new PS4/Vita game if anyone's interested in checking out the trailer.  It's a challenging 2D platformer, something like Super Mario World with some light RPG elements.

screenshots and more info

Thanks for posting the trailer and link; I'm definitely in for that on Vita. Do you plan on having a launch discount?

#10022 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2117 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:56 PM

Thanks for posting the trailer and link; I'm definitely in for that on Vita. Do you plan on having a launch discount?

Thanks for your support. :) Not 100% sure yet, but I'm leaning toward having a launch discount.  I remember picking up a few games on launch just because of their launch discounts that I wouldn't have otherwise, so it seems like a smart move.

Best of luck to you friend. If you want me to help you promote on the Asian Vita forums I frequent, I can cross-post with your permission of course.

Thanks!  That would be awesome if you could do that; you absolutely have my permission.  :)

#10023 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   959 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:05 PM

Hope this isn't too spammy, but I just announced my new PS4/Vita game if anyone's interested in checking out the trailer. It's a challenging 2D platformer, something like Super Mario World with some light RPG elements.

https://www.youtube....h?v=5bTflHEf7lc

Congrats in the new game. I picked up your previous game last week so as I chip away at the backlog, I hope to pick this one up down the line too.

#10024 ritchardf  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:07 PM

This game is a broken POS. 

Bioware is further misleading consumers by saying big fixes are en route. NOTHING can fix this game. It is fundamentally broken at its core. They would have to literally change everything to fix it. And I'm not just talking about crappy animations. 

Buyer beware. 

how dare you, i for one, love doing messenger runs, other people's jobs, and random hunting/scavenging for absolutely no reward.

#10025 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68607 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

https://playgwent.com/en/news#5150

Gwent's going to have an open beta for this weekend starting tomorrow.

#10026 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2117 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:22 PM

Congrats in the new game. I picked up your previous game last week so as I chip away at the backlog, I hope to pick this one up down the line too.

Thanks man, I appreciate you picking it/them up.

#10027 chipzilla   Gene's Hairy Mole CAGiversary!   331 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chipzilla

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:11 PM

Thanks man, I appreciate you picking it/them up.

Just recently got my 3000th trophy, and it was from Super Blackout. But I didn't pick it up this time. I think I got it about a year or so ago, most likely coinciding with a sale considering the site we are on. It did remind me to start playing it though. Looking forward to your new game.

#10028 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2117 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:31 PM

Just recently got my 3000th trophy, and it was from Super Blackout. But I didn't pick it up this time. I think I got it about a year or so ago, most likely coinciding with a sale considering the site we are on. It did remind me to start playing it though. Looking forward to your new game.

Awesome!  Super Blackout will forever haunt your trophy milestone list. :)  Big thanks for your support.

#10029 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11152 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:42 PM

I was excited to get Helldivers for PS+ and then after I tried it I was disappointed.  Lovers is more of a "fun" co-op in the vein of Overcooked, I think.

I enjoyed Helldivers, other than the way community events are triggered and succeed can make it difficult to complete them / know when they occur. 12 different difficulty levels basically means it's easy to find one that matches your current skill level. Friendly fire always on can also lead to some rather hilarious deaths if you are playing with friends.

#10030 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68607 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:05 PM

http://blog.us.plays...reveal-trailer/

It'll be out 9/8. Livestream on 5/18. Beta for pre-orders during the summer that'll open up to everybody else after that.

http://blog.us.plays...s4-on-june-6th/

Wipeout Omega Collection will be out for PS4 on 6/6 for $39.99.

http://blog.us.plays...to-ps4-ps-vita/

Plague Road, which already has an open beta out now on PS4, is also coming to Vita. It'll be Cross Buy when it launches and will also have PSTV support.

#10031 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11152 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:06 PM

Corpse Party  Blood drive any good?  

If you have played and enjoyed the previous 2 PSP games, then you might like seeing how the story goes on, even if i didn't care for the direction it took. Gameplay-wise it is not good, fetch questing in the dark. The game is also pretty poorly optimized leading to 1-2 second load times on almost all actions, including menu selections. It also caused the vita operating system to crash a few times. It's quite jarring moving from the PSP games which have almost no load times, to blood drive. It probably has to do with the move 2D sprites to 3D.

If you haven't played the PSP games already, then don't bother as you will be completely lost story-wise as it just drops you in and there are a lot of different characters.

#10032 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9091 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:16 PM

http://blog.us.plays...s4-on-june-6th/

Wipeout Omega Collection will be out for PS4 on 6/6 for $39.99.

Soooooo stoked for this. Wish it was coming sooner.

#10033 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:43 PM

Hope this isn't too spammy, but I just announced my new PS4/Vita game if anyone's interested in checking out the trailer.  It's a challenging 2D platformer, something like Super Mario World with some light RPG elements.

Nice. Can you talk about your experience with getting a game on a sony system? Sony seems to be pushing indie devs to release on their platforms, but wondering what the actual reality is like.

#10034 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2117 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:51 PM

Nice. Can you talk about your experience with getting a game on a sony system? Sony seems to be pushing indie devs to release on their platforms, but wondering what the actual reality is like.

In my experience, the hardest part was just meeting the prerequisites to apply.  That meant legally starting a company (as an LLC in my case), and then getting a bank account set up in my company's name.  Those two things required a lot of legwork over a couple of weeks.

Beware the fees in your state for running a company, as they can vary heavily from state to state.  Filing an annual report only costs $25 here in WI, so that's all it costs me at this point aside from income tax, but states like California will charge you hundreds every year.

After that, it's just a matter of filling out their online application, and then having the patience to learn how everything works.  You'll also need to have some money to purchase a development kit, and (as their application states) have a static IP address.

#10035 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1066 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

How expensive is the development kit?

#10036 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2117 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

I'm legally not allowed to say.  :cry:

#10037 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   578 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:02 PM

I loved all of the first three. They were all amazing and among the most memorable games I've ever played. 

Andromeda, however, is such a POS. It is the most tedious, boring game.

In short, you go to planets, find a desk, hit a button, scan things, and then talk to people. This is literally the game. It sucks. I wouldn't buy it for $20 because. I think it is that bad. 

Totally agree. It's more misgudied third-person "open world" nonsense.

It's not hard to understand what these games get wrong fundamentally: sandboxes aren't fun. To make a good game, developers have to craft new and interesting experiences, not copy-paste the same boring ones a hundred times and put out press releases about how much "content" there is to "explore".

The Mass Effect trilogy was good for exactly the same reason KOTOR was good. A good storyline with interpersonal developments between compelling characters, with lots of new unique individually-crafted experiences to encounter as you travel through the galaxy and plot. 

Hopefully one day AAA gaming will escape from their "open world" obsession and find a new shitty design misconception to beat into the ground.

#10038 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1066 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:03 PM

Damn. Was hoping if it was cheap enough, I could have convinced our programmer to make a Vita version of our game.

#10039 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2117 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:05 PM

Vita games sell well.  You should go for it.

#10040 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6614 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:08 PM

Join bing rewards. You can usually earn at least a $5 credit a month just by clicking around on the internet for 20 seconds a day.

God bless Bing Rewards. Much of my digital 360 and One backlog has come from Bing.

#10041 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11547 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:09 PM

Thanks!  That would be awesome if you could do that; you absolutely have my permission.  :)

Done. I said the developer is my friend just to make myself sound cool. 

(Well I do know you to some extent from your posts here)

#10042 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2117 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:11 PM

Done. I said the developer is my friend just to make myself sound cool. 

(Well I do know you to some extent from your posts here)

Sweet!  Thanks friend.

#10043 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:23 PM

In my experience, the hardest part was just meeting the prerequisites to apply.  That meant legally starting a company (as an LLC in my case), and then getting a bank account set up in my company's name.  Those two things required a lot of legwork over a couple of weeks.

Beware the fees in your state for running a company, as they can vary heavily from state to state.  Filing an annual report only costs $25 here in WI, so that's all it costs me at this point aside from income tax, but states like California will charge you hundreds every year.

After that, it's just a matter of filling out their online application, and then having the patience to learn how everything works.  You'll also need to have some money to purchase a development kit, and (as their application states) have a static IP address.

thanks.

I'm legally not allowed to say.  :cry:

This article states $2500 and I hope you did not pay that much. It seems they are lending them out to "favored" developers for a year for free.

http://www.polygon.c...r-playstation-4

#10044 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1644 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:49 PM

God bless Bing Rewards. Much of my digital 360 and One backlog has come from Bing.

can you still get away with having multiple accounts?

#10045 Thrakker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   604 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:30 PM

I know people were concerned because Sony Rewards points expire tomorrow. They've restocked the $10 and $20 codes in the last few days.

Although it looks like my points, which I could have sworn expired tomorrow, now don't expire until next March. Does earning points extend the duration of all points?

#10046 AsherFischell   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

AsherFischell

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:33 PM

I've got a 20% off ps store code that expires tomorrow that I didn't end up using.  First one to PM me gets it.

Edit: Gone.

#10047 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1219 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:34 PM

I've got a 20% off ps store code that expires tomorrow that I didn't end up using. First one to PM me gets it.

Hope i was quick enough lol

#10048 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:38 PM

If any of you are feeling generous(and/or foolish), I'd like a 20% off coupon.

#10049 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1673 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:56 AM

Titanfall 2 has a free weekend that started today. Of course I never would have known that from the ps4 store which is still garbo

#10050 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:02 AM

Day one Broski!