CAGcast #459: We Kneed This

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks Nintendo Mini, Ghostbusters movie, NPD changes, Song of the Deep, hot retro action, and so much more!

Download (1 hours 12 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS

https://audioboom.com/boos/4850322-cagcast-459-we-kneed-this

Get $5 off your order (with free shipping) at http://www.harrys.com with coupon code CAGCAST

Harry's Father's Day Shave Set

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro -  Fox Stevenson - Tico (Original Mix)
Outro - Do the Pac-man (Cereal) (We Kneed This Remix)

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I went into a Gamestop to pick up Song of the deep, I asked the clerk who was leaning back on the counter with his arms crossed if he could help me check out since the other guy was busy at another register. He told me he can't and continued to stand there doing nothing. Bought a digital eshop card with rest of my trade in credit and left.

This is what you need to hook up your retro systems to your 65" screen:

https://www.amazon.com/OEM-VH58-RCA-Matching-Transformer/dp/B00005T3EZ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469215994&sr=8-2

Landing that Top Gun plane isn't too bad.  I played it recently and got it on the first try.  

Ship, it's funny you mention playing NES while your parents were shopping.  When I was young, I would go to Kiddie City to play on the NES while my parents shopped at the PathMark next door.  I would never think of letting my son do that today, but I do remember really enjoying playing Zelda, Kid Icarus, and Mario.

Hi, guys. Long time fan of the show, thanks for all you do! I recently purchased a racing wheel & pedals, specifically the Thrustmaster VG T300RS, and they are quite fun, even though I'm not a huge fan of racing games. Cheapy, now that you live in a permanent house, what do you think about getting a racing set-up? Not just wheels/pedals, but the chair, the shifter, the whole thing! Do you think you'd enjoy it? Or have you already tried it and didn't really dig it?

Stay awesome, boys!

The big thing with the Pokemon GO reaction on cagcast 458 was how much anger there was towards it. I get cheapy didn't like it but he usually doesn't act so furious. Like with wombat not into Overwatch for example, he doesn't like it and his attitude towards it showed, it wasn't some kind of pent up rage. I can't think of many games to get such a reaction from Cheapy.

This episode had all three host not seeming to be focused during the show. Cheapy sounded tired, Wombat seemed bummed and Ship wasn't very vocal.

The ending was great though. Ship's reaction alone but then wombat chimed in. I thought it was over until I heard the end song, well played cheapy.

The Ghostbusters movie was completely forgettable. The only character I liked was Kevin, played by Chris Hemsworth. It's sad when the funniest character in the movie was the male actor without the comedic experience of all the female actors. Not really their fault, it was just another crappy cash-in script. All these 80s remakes have been terrible across the board, such as Poltergeist, Conan, RoboCop, and Total Recall. God I wish they'd stop already...

I think the NES Mini will be a hot commodity this holiday season, so you better line up on day one for all those consoles, Cheapy. My concern is how short the cord on the controller looks, at least from what I've seen from an IGN video. Has anyone else seen the video, are my eyes deceiving me or is that thing maybe 5 feet long?

The ending killed me!

Something about essentially pulling the cord to turn off and on systems doesn't sit well with me.
I agree with you that it is a bit unsettling, but isn't that basically what the system is doing? It's like the difference between flipping the light switch or turning off the fuse switch. You wouldn't use the fuse to turn the lights off but they're both cutting power before it reaches the rest of the components.

Well... that intro music was on the border of... maybe not so terrible, but could be better. Last week's intro music was excellent.

And I still can't add a fucking profile picture!

Shipwreck, looking forward to seeing the basement. Unless I've missed it already, I'd also really love to see a write up / how to or something along those lines of how everything comes together if you have the time to put something together. I imagine the wiring alone is pretty insane, so I can't imagine the time it must have taken to plan everything before getting started.

Got to thank Wombat for discussing Disney Crossy Road. I just assumed that it wouldn't be available for Windows 10 Mobile but there it was.

I apologize if I came off harsh in my last post CheapyD, I did not mean to just dog you on Pokémon Go. I really enjoy this podcast the most out of anything I've listened to in the past. I have even listened to some Wombats Uninformed Opinions because you guys bring that up and those are great too. I just starting listening in February and I thank you for making my days at work going by smoother. 8 to 5 Monday through Friday is rough, and to get a good laugh is what I need. Shipwreck you are awesome, Ohio is sweet. I live here too. Overall, if I came off as a prick last review, I am truly sorry. I'll still be a faithful listener.

Great show as usual guys. It doesn't really matter what you guys talk about as you 3 have always been entertaining and it helps my commutes and work days go by fast. I'm very interested in the NES Classic even owning my original still. It'd be amazing to have the setup Shipwreck has though!

Sent from a phone

I forget that the negative comments always stand out and last week that's all it pretty much was. Like a lot of people, I only write when I have something to say and that's usually when I strongly disagree. I enjoy the show every week and look forward to ship's basement video.

So Cheapy tried to bring up the metacritic score of Pokemon Go as a reason to not like it, but then he spent money on Ghostbusters, which has a worse MC score? What?

Yes, i know he judges movies based on Rotten Tomatoes, but that doesn't help here.

So Cheapy tried to bring up the metacritic score of Pokemon Go as a reason to not like it, but then he spent money on Ghostbusters, which has a worse MC score? What?

Yes, i know he judges movies based on Rotten Tomatoes, but that doesn't help here.
lol. I noticed that too. Just something funny about Cheapie's position on Pokemon Go and not wanting to give Tai a 3ds but then taking the family to Ghostbusters. :)

Sorry Cheapie.

If CheapyD is willing to buy multiples of the NES-Mini, surely he can get a 2DS for Tai and friends. It's only $69 from Nintendo and it comes with the fun Mario Kart 7. He and Sabrina can have a nice session while Wombat and CheapyD are playing Mahjohng or something. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-2DS-Mario-Kart-7-Bundle-Blue-FACTORY-REFURBISHED-BY-NINTENDO-/112020751358?hash=item1a14f503fe:g:pcoAAOSwLnBXVzZ~
He probably would rather have Tai reading, which he seems to love, instead of gaming. Maybe Cheapy doesn't want him to get a console of his own yet so he doesn't spend all day playing it or stay up past his bed time.

I think cheapy should get him a 3ds so then he can have a segment called "Tai's Corner". Where Tai comes on a few minutes to discuss and review 3ds games. Maybe he can get a Vita as well.

Why is Cheapy so open-minded and positive about a movie that is being almost universally panned by critics and movie goers alike when he has spent part of the last two shows shitting on how pokemon GO shouldn't be so popular because it has been receiving generally bad reviews and is, for the most part, not a good game in general? I thought the 70% metacritic score or above has been the cheapy household standard for watching movies in the 1st place.  Does it all just stem from Cheapy thinking that people could create pokestops and other things wherever they want to cause havoc upon people in the real world?

Anyways, love the show guys!

Ask Wombat if his favorite Olympic mascot is Fatso the Fat-Arsed Wombat.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2016/08/06/fatso_the_fat_arsed_wombat_was_the_best_olympic_mascot_ever.html

fatso_at_olympic_park.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

For the next CagCast

Do you guys think that Sony will announce a price point and date for their NEO at the presser next month?  If so do you think MS will try to sell Scorpio earlier and at a lower price point?

bread's done
Back