eBay $100 Gamestop Gift Card for $90 (email Delivery)

Is POS update officially done yet? Or are we hit and miss still on the GC for GC stuff? I heard the end of the month and July 27th. I just bought 1000 gc to gc like a week ago no issue in PA. I'm thinking my local store will be one of the last to get any update as it's in a ghetto mall with slow business.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. They still sell them, but there's a system block on using trade credit or gift cards as a method of payment. Some stores still have the old point of sale (pos) software and will sell, but it's dead near me. RIP.
Do you know when this change took place?

This certainly has lasted longer than the usual PayPal Digital Gifts GS GCs.  Figure I'm out on GS eBay GCs, but went ahead and used eBay bucks for this one.  Even without doing anymore GC shuffling, there's enough that goes on with GS (e.g. used system sales) to make it worth carrying some credit there, since it doesn't expire.  Also good to get some extra mileage from probably my last big eBay bucks quarter. :)

This certainly has lasted longer than the usual PayPal Digital Gifts GS GCs. Figure I'm out on GS <-> eBay GCs, but went ahead and used eBay bucks for this one. Even without doing anymore GC shuffling, there's enough that goes on with GS (e.g. used system sales) to make it worth carrying some credit there, since it doesn't expire. Also good to get some extra mileage from probably my last big eBay bucks quarter. :)
I think that shows how many people were cycling between eBay and GS. These type of deals have been gradually getting worse. This might lead to better deals like spend $40 to get $50 GS credit.

I bit on one, clean out of GS credit and had some ebay bucks to burn, in retrospect I wish I didn't do all those cash trades at GS and did one with a 20% credit boost. First time I am actually hurting for GS credit lol

Anyone know if you can still buy other gift cards like Netflix, restaurant, movies, Eshop, and etc with gamestop gift cards?  

So to be clear, no more GS gift cards for Amazon and ebay gift cards for a lot of districts? 

Anyone know if you can still buy other gift cards like Netflix, restaurant, movies, Eshop, and etc with gamestop gift cards?

So to be clear, no more GS gift cards for Amazon and ebay gift cards for a lot of districts?
Yes, I wouldn't buy any with the intention to get amazon or ebay gift cards. You might be able to, but it's a risk with your money.

I went to the same GS I went to last week, that I used GS for eBay GCs, just to ask if you could still buy eBay cards since I was nearby, but I don't know if the employee was as informed as what is intended. He said you could still do $40-$50 gift cards for eBay and they'd understand but no huge $100+ swaps since fraud and whatever other reasons they have, but maybe they just want it dead.

edit: I don't know what other gift cards you can buy. I would just call and ask if you want to know.

Bought 1 of these and tried to redeem via gamestop.com. Got a message saying the code is invalid, anyone else get this?

Price dropped. Now 17% off.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322200338164?ul_noapp=true

No doubt due to the reduced value of less flipping. Not a bad deal for those few still able to flip/and or those that shop at Gamestop.
Like what happen to TRU cards. Once they stopped GC for GC your lucky to get 80% face these days. So basically the only National Stores that still allow GC to GC are Target, Best Buy, and Walmart (and Sometimes Sears/Kmart).

Still don't trust pre-owned Gift Cards.  PayPal Digital Gifts ones are much more trustable to me.  The pre-owned ones may be fine, but it just makes me too nervous that someone else knows the GC numbers as they send them to me.

I just cashed in my pre-owned $25 gift cards - which were actually four printed pieces of paper in $25 denominations - at my local GS. I was not surprised when the cashier could not get the gift card option to come up after ringing the ebay gift card. I cut my losses and bought a Starbucks gift card for $100. I'll trade that to my wife for $100 to best buy...time to get that train rolling. ;)

bread's done
Back