Suggestion: Word replace gamers gift card with link to FAQ

And whenever somebody try to post something with "buy rite" or "buyrite" - tell them about the company and ask them if they're sure? You probably can't customize whatever system you're using that much.

And of course, "litigious bastards" should link to http://www.thescogroup.com/

[quote name='eldad9']And whenever somebody try to post something with "buy rite" or "buyrite" - tell them about the company and ask them if they're sure? You probably can't customize whatever system you're using that much.[/quote]

So I guess that you must have seen a lot of posts mentioning Buyrite & a whole mess of followup posts with questions about Buyrite? If not, I don't see how that has any relevance to my suggestion.

Furthermore, why on earth would you think that the bb system is so limited that it can't handle 2 or 3 more word replaces? It's a feature that is already implemented, as I mentioned in my original post. To implement my suggestion would be the addition of only 2 or 3 more rules (to allow for various spellings of "gamer's gift card").

It's a minor enhancement that could lessen all the stupid posts that keep asking the same questions about the card.

Acronym linkage would be useful at CAG for things like the Gamer's Gift Card and YMMV, since they're asked about so frequently. This sort of tool is already in place over at VGtalk and it's been immensely helpful (at least, in my view).

[quote name='MICHAE2414']Acronym linkage would be useful at CAG for things like the Gamer's Gift Card and YMMV, since they're asked about so frequently. This sort of tool is already in place over at VGtalk and it's been immensely helpful (at least, in my view).[/quote]

Yup, its on my list of things to get done.

bread's done
Back