* * * * * 1 votes

Sega® Genesis™ Ultimate Portable Game Player ($39.99 + Free Shipping)

sega genesis portable sonic

#31 Sielanas  

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:18 PM

This thing is a piece of trash. Save your money.

#32 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10683 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:28 PM

This thing was trending earlier on Facebook because of the 25th anniversary edition being released with some games added and others removed.  I read some of the people being like 80 > 30, this is going to be awesome, and I'm all, this "console" has been out for years in one iteration or another and is typically viewed as a disappointment.

The least they could do is update the charge part to use micro USB instead of mini USB...

#33 Magikarp830   SPLASH had no effect CAGiversary!   310 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Magikarp830

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:38 PM

God damn that guy is annoying to listen to.

Seriously. #TryingTooDamnHard

#34 e3man01   Cheap Assin' before most of you even picked up a controller CAGiversary!   373 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2016 - 03:20 AM

Wouldn't the home console version be better? I've got big hands, this looks small and the button layout is off. The 6 button Genesis controller button layout went from left to right, not top to bottom. Factor in a bad sound chip/output, why even get this? Get the Retcon 5 instead, if you have the games still.

#35 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7637 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2016 - 03:31 AM

Paid $10 for mine. Meijer clearance. Paid $15 for the console version. I don't regret either, especially at what I paid. :) Console one has a cart slot too.

#36 paulwekiva   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   727 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:36 AM

It was in demo mode. It shows the game for a little bit and then goes back to the title screen. The problem I see is the sound is way off. Sounds horrible.

I thought Genesis games always had bad music...

#37 melancholysp   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

melancholysp

Posted 30 July 2016 - 05:58 AM

I bought one for $20 at Dollar General last year. I ended up giving it to my 4yo son almost primarily due to the horrible audio, but also because of the screen. As you know, screens have a viewing angle where the picture looks poor when viewed at extreme angles. Usually if you look at the screen from the top, the image looks white and washed out, and from the bottom it looks dark and sometimes inverted.

Except for this handheld. Instead of the angle being at the top and bottom, it's at the left and right. Which means 80% of the time, your left eye will be seeing a different image quality than your right eye. You'll drive yourself crazy holding the thing perfectly still trying to get that sweet spot where both eyes see a good image.

#38 PenguinMaster   Sacrilicious CAGiversary!   3860 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

PenguinMaster

Posted 30 July 2016 - 03:31 PM

I ended up giving it to my 4yo son almost primarily due to the horrible audio, but also because of the screen.

Did he do something bad? Was this some form of punishment?