* * * - - 3 votes

Best Buy Ad 7/31-8/6: Get $125 toward Xbox One S with XB1/PS4 trade-in

#91 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6598 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:22 AM

:xb1: Elite Controller is $134.99

#92 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7562 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:38 AM

Glitch city.

i-want-to-go-to-there.gif

#93 srac84  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:10 AM

hhmmm i wonder how much scorpio will cost when they release it... thing is i know im going to get a ps4 neo ....not sure about scorpio im more of a ps type of guy though i have a xbox one for a few exclusives....wondering if i should sell off my xbox one now and get the s model around black friday since its improved... i do like the 4k disc video option but neo should be doing that as well....lol believe it or not i only bought the xbox one for 2 games but ended up buying halo etc and loving the backward compatibility....those 2 games were rise of the tomb raider which is releasing on ps4 in a few months and quantum break :p...which i have yet to beat just started actually..

#94 stryker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   467 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:11 AM

This might be my best chance, living in a big city, cl is full of listings.. all at crazy prizes. Seeing complete 500gb as low as 110-150

Do those listings have on the bottom of the ad asking you to email them with contacts similar to "ncarolina795(AT) G MAIL COM"?.

From what I understand, those ads are fake/scam ads and these ads appear on my local craigslist as well.

#95 srac84  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:25 AM

lol don't laugh but im scared of CL haha too many bad stories...did you guy see that couple that went to buy a ps4 off someone and ended up killing him...over something like 100 dollar so stupid...so yeah for me its either ebay or trading it in somewhere...im thinking maybe ill trade console to best buy for 125...and my 2 controllers and halo 5 and mcc to gamestop for cash and then i do have a kinect which i may trade to amazon for 40...that gives me a total of 203 ...otherwise i could sell the 2 controllers used on ebay but it'd only be like 10 more for each and not sure if its worth hassle.....then i'd pick up the halo bundle for $299 or wait a bit and likely get it cheaper on BF....what do you guys think? I'll likely get a neo and no scropio for "next next gen" :p..

#96 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Trading Ban   13744 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 31 July 2016 - 11:55 AM

Really only 125 for a PS4 and Xbox one is a good deal

Edited by starmask2k3, 31 July 2016 - 11:57 AM.

#97 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   939 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

Posted 31 July 2016 - 01:26 PM

Really only 125 for a PS4 and Xbox one is a good deal

Yeah, I was thinking that's not even all that good for the "regular" trade-in price - I thought the deal would have been $125 EXTRA towards the upgrade (assuming their standard trade in is lousy - so on an XB1 to upgrade maybe $85+125=$210). But just a flat out $125 minimum trade in? LOL NO.

I guess there was lots of deals on PS4/XB1 which have lowered the value dramatically, but still... it was only 12 months ago I got $180 for my Xbox 360 towards a PS4. No, I don't think we've seen one of those deals on the PS3/360 gen - possibly since almost a year ago (but they were pretty common for awhile). $125 for one of the newer consoles seems like a joke, I hope you get alot more than that for PS4, otherwise not only is it not a "deal" - it's a complete ripoff. It's not as bad on XB1 straight up, but a trade-promo should be at least $175 IMO. 

#98 winb83   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:05 PM

I will be trading in my white Halo MCC edition Xbox One, a Controller and Halo 5 Guardians today.

$125 for the console

$17 for the controller 

$25 for the game

$167 total to use on the S Halo bundle.

#99 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2377 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:10 PM

I will be trading in my white Halo MCC edition Xbox One, a Controller and Halo 5 Guardians today.
$125 for the console
$17 for the controller
$25 for the game

You'll actually get $27.50 if you are GCU on the Halo5.

#100 Sielanas  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:39 PM

That much on Halo 5? I looked last week during the promo and it was going too be like 16 after bonus.

#101 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2377 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:42 PM

That much on Halo 5? I looked last week during the promo and it was going too be like 16 after bonus.

Yes quite a few games have been bumped up to $25 base. GCU makes them all $27.50.

#102 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4137 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:49 PM

So off topic- does anyone have an opinion on the laptops on sales this week. I really just need one for work but if I could bump up a little and get one that could handle gaming I might go that route also.
Thx

#103 Vulsker  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:52 PM

Interesting...so the trade-in website of theirs states 100 without controller plus a 25 "bonus" but if you mark yes for controller, its a straight 125.

#104 dxironman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

dxironman

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:55 PM

Does the Kinect need to be included or is it like the controller where its an additional trade in value?

#105 winb83   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:15 PM

Interesting...so the trade-in website of theirs states 100 without controller plus a 25 "bonus" but if you mark yes for controller, its a straight 125.

Trade in the controller separate.

#106 ds1724   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:58 PM

They only gave me $125 WITH the controller.  But they put it on a BB gift card, no partial coupon partial gift card or any of that, so I don't have to use it on a One S if I don't want to, so I didn't argue .

#107 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2377 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

They only gave me $125 WITH the controller. But they put it on a BB gift card, no partial coupon partial gift card or any of that, so I don't have to use it on a One S if I don't want to, so I didn't argue .

I think I can get $125cash from 90% of the people walking into my barber shop right now.

#108 CookieMonster156   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

CookieMonster156

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:07 PM

I looked at the trade-in website and I selected to trade in an Xbox One without the AC adapter and the controller. It still came out to $125 for trade-in value. $50 for the console + $75 Promotional credit = $125.

Also, regardless if you include the AC adapter and controller you get $125.

#109 tears2040   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

tears2040

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:13 PM

$125 for the console

$17 for the controller 

$25 for the game

Makes no sense to me.......  But many things in life make no sense.....

Why would you trade in an Xbox One system you more than likely paid $300+ for an EXACT system you already own? I mean if it was the Xbox Scorpio I understand, but for an "S" which is just an updated model?????

4k TV's stream 4K content and digital is the present/future so the whole this plays 4K Movies is pointless since your 4k TV can stream 4K movies you can purchase. The only other extra is HDR, well few games as of now support it and most people with 4K TV's don't even have HDR as it's a feature that's not standard on most 4K TV's.

If people were buying their first Xbox One then I agree, but for current owners makes ZERO sense.

I think I can get $125cash from 90% of the people walking into my barber shop right now.

Pretty sure I can get $180-$200 cash from anyone for my 1Tb Model...  1TB model still sells for $299 at Gamestop where is MOST parents buy their kids a system

http://www.gamestop....,13ffff2412-1e0

#110 CookieMonster156   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

CookieMonster156

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:23 PM

Makes no sense to me....... But many things in life make no sense.....

Why would you trade in an Xbox One system you more than likely paid $300+ for an EXACT system you already own? I mean if it was the Xbox Scorpio I understand, but for an "S" which is just an updated model?????

4k TV's stream 4K content and digital is the present/future so the whole this plays 4K Movies is pointless since your 4k TV can stream 4K movies you can purchase. The only other extra is HDR, well few games as of now support it and most people with 4K TV's don't even have HDR as it's a feature that's not standard on most 4K TV's.

If people were buying their first Xbox One then I agree, but for current owners makes ZERO sense.

Pretty sure I can get $180-$200 cash from anyone for my 1Tb Model... 1TB model still sells for $299 at Gamestop where is MOST parents buy their kids a system

Streaming in nowhere near 4k levels of blu-ray. Netflix 4k and Vudu UHD is not real 4k, so i dont know what your point is here. This is still the cheapest 4K player in the market no matter how you look at it.

#111 AvatarGoku   S/0 CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:27 PM

Streaming in nowhere near 4k levels of blu-ray. Netflix 4k and Vudu UHD is not real 4k, so i dont know what your point is here. This is still the cheapest 4K player in the market no matter how you look at it.

Yeah and for people like me who have a crapoy audio system and will for a few years (due to my small ass college apartment) this 4K bluray player is the best deal.

#112 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2377 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:27 PM

I have a BluRay player that plays Xbox one games, many Xbox 360 games, has a built in hard drive, an awesome App/Game Store and turns any tv into a smart tv. It's called the Xbox 1. Now who wouldn't pay $150 cash for that?

#113 tears2040   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

tears2040

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:33 PM

You cannot state, say that 4k Netflix is not 4k by opinion without factual evidence. I own a 4k TV and stream 4K Netflix, looks beautiful and much better than regular 1080p Content. Now is it better than a 4k Disc, I don't know as I have not compared them or can provide factual evidence, but when compared to 1080p Blu-Ray Disc I can say 4k Streamed Content looks at least as good if not better.

4k Disc are expensive and I see very rarely people purchasing these overly expensive discs. 4K Streaming technology IS the PRESENT/FUTURE. Factual proof from Netflix, Amazon Prime, Vudu, etc. will show you this is the truth. So like stated if you're a current Xbox One owner imo it simply makes no sense to purchase an Xbox One S, if you're coming new to the platform then it's a good purchase as the console is smaller, power efficient and provides "some" extras over the original by viewing 4k content (streaming and discs) but truthfully I would still opt for a better deal on an original Xbox One over the new model S.....

Most 4K TVs can stream 4K Content, so the 4K hardware player is a moot point with how expensive the discs are today and with most things being digital. The future is digital and this is going for games as well.......

#114 winb83   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:42 PM

Makes no sense to me.......  But many things in life make no sense.....

Pretty sure I can get $180-$200 cash from anyone for my 1Tb Model...  1TB model still sells for $299 at Gamestop where is MOST parents buy their kids a system

You show me a 4K Blu-Ray player that can be had for effectively $135 or so when they retail for over $300. It's not like I'll be losing the Xbox One either. If it didn't have a 4K Blu-Ray drive on it I wouldn't trade up. 

#115 winb83   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:47 PM

They only gave me $125 WITH the controller.  But they put it on a BB gift card, no partial coupon partial gift card or any of that, so I don't have to use it on a One S if I don't want to, so I didn't argue .

the fine print on the website doesn't require the controller. Just the console and power adapter.

#116 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   16083 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

guyver2077

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:51 PM

They only gave me $125 WITH the controller. But they put it on a BB gift card, no partial coupon partial gift card or any of that, so I don't have to use it on a One S if I don't want to, so I didn't argue .

That blows. Did they test the system? I guess it's a good thing you got in on a gc without a coupon or w.E but a little higher value would of been nice.

#117 CookieMonster156   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

CookieMonster156

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:52 PM

You cannot state, say that 4k Netflix is not 4k by opinion without factual evidence. I own a 4k TV and stream 4K Netflix, looks beautiful and much better than regular 1080p Content. Now is it better than a 4k Disc, I don't know as I have not compared them or can provide factual evidence, but when compared to 1080p Blu-Ray Disc I can say 4k Streamed Content looks at least as good if not better.

4k Disc are expensive and I see very rarely people purchasing these overly expensive discs. 4K Streaming technology IS the PRESENT/FUTURE. Factual proof from Netflix, Amazon Prime, Vudu, etc. will show you this is the truth. So like stated if you're a current Xbox One owner imo it simply makes no sense to purchase an Xbox One S, if you're coming new to the platform then it's a good purchase as the console is smaller, power efficient and provides "some" extras over the original by viewing 4k content (streaming and discs) but truthfully I would still opt for a better deal on an original Xbox One over the new model S.....

Most 4K TVs can stream 4K Content, so the 4K hardware player is a moot point with how expensive the discs are today and with most things being digital. The future is digital and this is going for games as well.......

https://www.avforums...n-blu-ray.10589

4K streaming is slightly better than a 1080P Blu-Ray. Comparing 4K streaming to a 4K Blu-Ray is like comparing 480P to 1080P.

#118 winb83   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 04:59 PM

That blows. Did they test the system? I guess it's a good thing you got in on a gc without a coupon or w.E but a little higher value would of been nice.

These consoles sell for $180 or so on eBay so your expectation of a higher value is impractical. If you just give them the console then the controller later you're talking over $140 in trade in. After eBay fees and all that's about what you'll get there. Also nobody on CL is paying what the item sells for on eBay they want it cheaper than that.

#119 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   16083 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

guyver2077

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:01 PM

These consoles sell for $180 or so on eBay so your expectation of a higher value is impractical. If you just give them the console then the controller later you're talking over $140 in trade in. After eBay fees and all that's about what you'll get there. Also nobody on CL is paying what the item sells for on eBay they want it cheaper than that.

Right. That's what I'm trying to figure out. Whether to include controller or not if it's gonna net same value.

#120 winb83   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:05 PM

Right. That's what I'm trying to figure out. Whether to include controller or not if it's gonna net same value.

the fine print on the website doesn't list the controller as required for the $125. I plan on trading in my console then walking out and walking back in and trading in the controller. I don't doubt that if I present the controller on the initial trade in they'll try to take it too for the $125.