* * * - - 3 votes

Best Buy Ad 7/31-8/6: Get $125 toward Xbox One S with XB1/PS4 trade-in

#121 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   16086 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

guyver2077

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:07 PM

the fine print on the website doesn't list the controller as required for the $125. I plan on trading in my console then walking out and walking back in and trading in the controller. I don't doubt that if I present the controller on the initial trade in they'll try to take it too for the $125.

Thanks. Let us know how it goes. I have to prep everything and move off my downloads so don't expect to get down there today.

I also would like confirmation that you get a gc and not a coupon. That could change things for me.

#122 CookieMonster156   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   657 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

CookieMonster156

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:11 PM

Xbox One controller with 3.5mm trades for $22 CASH base value at Gamestop. $20 base value without 3.5mm CASH base value.

#123 Hoping   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:03 PM

Do any brave souls dare to try trade the console in by itself without the ac adapter or controller? If this is like all of the last promos, the employee will know nothing about it and the system will automatically give you $125 for the console only.This is the value currently on the website. You can then sell the controller and oem ac adapter separately.

#124 winb83   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:06 PM

Do any brave souls dare to try trade the console in by itself without the ac adapter or controller? If this is like all of the last promos, the employee will know nothing about it and the system will automatically give you $125 for the console only.This is the value currently on the website. You can then sell the controller and oem ac adapter separately.

I don't think you can trade it in with out a power adapter because they would want to power it on to test it.

#125 turkletont1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

turkletont1

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:35 PM

I go to bestbuy.com trade in I don't see anything anywhere saying I HAVE to trade it in towards an Xbox One S.  Am I missing something?

Get a minimum $125 giftcard when you trade in any working Xbox One or PlayStation®4 console
Get a minimum $125 giftcard when you trade in any working Xbox One or PlayStation®4 console
Your Estimated Trade-In Value
Your Estimated In-Store Promotional Value
Your Estimated In-Store Trade-In Value
$100.00*
+
$25.00*
=
$125.00*
* In store only. Trade in any working Xbox One or PS4 console and receive a minimum of $125 Best Buy gift card. Not available in all locations and some stores may have additional limitations. Console must include AC adapter/power cord, power on, not be damaged or have its warranty seal broken to be considered working. Condition, documentation and accessories may affect value. Not compatible with other trade-in offers. You are required to agree to the Terms & Conditions. No dealers. Limit of 1 trade per person. See a Blue Shirt or BestBuy.com/TradeIn for details.

#126 turkletont1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

turkletont1

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:41 PM

I see people saying $125 is a rip off but no controller I think this is a great trade-in value.  I have the base 500gb xbox model, the Madden 16 bundle or whatever that came out in 2014.  On ebay I can maybe get $160 for it?  How much do I lose after I ship this heavy bulky POS then pay Paypal and eBay my fee.  Maybe I walk out of that with $10 profit over this deal, lol.

#127 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2380 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:52 PM

The definition is of "rip-off" is different for each individual. Getting ripped off in my view is getting sold one thing that turns out to be something else, like a car with a bad tranny that was sold as if it had a good tranny.

If I accept $125 for an Xbox1, that's on me and I don't feel ripped off.

#128 srac84  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:58 PM

im gonna go in a bit to trade in console and adapter only ...hey the site says no controller needed so they better not cause a problem :p says $125 so :) we'll see but ill go there first before heading to gamestop and trading in the rest of my xbox stuff 

#129 mattao18   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

mattao18

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:30 PM

The definition is of "rip-off" is different for each individual. Getting ripped off in my view is getting sold one thing that turns out to be something else, like a car with a bad tranny that was sold as if it had a good tranny.

If I accept $125 for an Xbox1, that's on me and I don't feel ripped off.

See also : Anyone that talks about Gamestop poorly.

There's no one forcing you, its just an option; If you don't like the option don't use it. Simple. Don't hate someone giving you another option.

#130 Stickboy46   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1126 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Stickboy46

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:05 PM

See also : Anyone that talks about Gamestop poorly.
There's no one forcing you, its just an option; If you don't like the option don't use it. Simple. Don't hate someone giving you another option.

Except Gamestop is notorious for actually ripping people off. Like selling opened used games as new.

#131 tears2040   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

tears2040

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:10 PM

https://www.avforums...n-blu-ray.10589

4K streaming is slightly better than a 1080P Blu-Ray. Comparing 4K streaming to a 4K Blu-Ray is like comparing 480P to 1080P.

At the end of the day 4k streaming for me is perfectly fine, also 4K Movies are defitnely too expensive imo to purchase and ultimately I would just rather have my collection digitally.

I would't expect the sales of $30 discs to improve anytime soon either, 4k Movies would have to be the norm and sell at least half the price in order for them to be as popular as current Dvd's. But even throughout all that Streaming is the present/future and is the most used format based on sales.

Here's an article from January 2016 that gives some insight

https://www.engadget...y-already-dead/

#132 srac84  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:21 PM

My local library has free 4K movies 😀

#133 tears2040   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

tears2040

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:36 PM

My local library has free 4K movies

I think mine only has VHS :(

#134 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3562 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:40 PM

so has anyone traded in there xbone? any details?

#135 Bri Bot   Same-Store Flipper CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:10 PM

Cashier at BB was going to give me 25 CENTS for Rainbow Six Siege because it was in a generic GameStop case. WHAT. On to the next Best Buy...

Edit: And that wasn't the dumbest part.. Her reason was because the game was "previously pre-owned"... Just think about that for a second.

#136 fluffynumkins   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   361 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

fluffynumkins

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:36 PM

Cashier at BB was going to give me 25 CENTS for Rainbow Six Siege because it was in a generic GameStop case. WHAT. On to the next Best Buy...
Edit: And that wasn't the dumbest part.. Her reason was because the game was "previously pre-owned"... Just think about that for a second.

I've had them say the same thing to me before. Crazy that the game I'm trading in was used by someone before...

#137 srac84  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:43 PM

Got 125 for Xbox console with adapter only they were gonna give me 100 but then I showed them the promo and they gave me 125 said it needed controller but worked out without controller something they did on the screen with promotions

#138 junkie88   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:45 PM

I traded my Day One addition console in at GameStop when they had their great trade deal last year. I got the elite console, elite controller, halo 5 and a halo 5 controller for less then $200, or about the same price as the elite controller and the Halo 5 game. That deal was well worth it to me to refresh the warranty and get the new controllers.

The $125 here or $150 that Gamestop was offering isn't worth it to me. So while I will be getting the Xbox One S for the new 4K I won't be trading in my elite console. For that trade in value I would rather keep it as a second console in another room.

#139 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2380 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:54 PM

I traded my Day One addition console in at GameStop when they had their great trade deal last year. I got the elite console, elite controller, halo 5 and a halo 5 controller for less then $200, or about the same price as the elite controller and the Halo 5 game. That deal was well worth it to me to refresh the warranty and get the new controllers.

The $125 here or $150 that Gamestop was offering isn't worth it to me. So while I will be getting the Xbox One S for the new 4K I won't be trading in my elite console. For that trade in value I would rather keep it as a second console in another room.

Exactly for $125-$150, it's an awesome BluRay streaming video player for a second tv somewhere.

#140 winb83   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:09 PM

I can't see myself paying full price for the One S when the Scorpio will be out next year. Next fall the Xbox One original model will likely be completely worthless while at least with the S you can still have a 4K Blu-Ray player.

#141 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2380 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:13 PM

I can't see myself paying full price for the One S when the Scorpio will be out next year. Next fall the Xbox One original model will likely be completely worthless while at least with the S you can still have a 4K Blu-Ray player.

You guys must have a large 4K collection to be so hyped about the Xbox version of it and consider the current Xbox 1 worthless.

#142 srac84  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:17 PM

Well I figured the new console is smaller and also has a new Bluetooth controller .. Anyways I traded a bunch of Xbox one stuff at Best Buy and GameStop so either will buy the s with halo bundle or wait for Scorpio but the s will likely be cheaper and I'm getting a neo anyways so I may just wait for the s bundle to drop to 200 before rebuying anyways

On a side note does anyone know if the plug and charge kit will work with the new Bluetooth controllers

#143 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2380 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:20 PM

The Bluetooth is a definite plus. I will like to use my current Bluetooth with the Xbox system.

#144 junkie88   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:23 PM

They have already said that all games will play on all console versions. How well they will play is the only question. Again for a second tv somewhere will most likely be fine. In addition I now have a Blu Ray in that room as well.

I'm an Xbox fan boy so I'm sure I'm in the minority. I have three Xbox 360 through out the house and will now have two Xbox ones.

#145 winb83   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:27 PM

They have already said that all games will play on all console versions. How well they will play is the only question. Again for a second tv somewhere will most likely be fine. In addition I now have a Blu Ray in that room as well.

I'm an Xbox fan boy so I'm sure I'm in the minority. I have three Xbox 360 through out the house and will now have two Xbox ones.

Let's be real here if you get a Scorpio are you really going to want to go back to that inferior original model? At least the One S can function as a 4K Blu-Ray player. The Xbox One original will probably just collect dust when it could have been moved to extract whatever value it had.

#146 Cnstntidnty  

Cnstntidnty

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:36 PM

The Bluetooth is a definite plus. I will like to use my current Bluetooth with the Xbox system.

Are you talking about using a Bluetooth headset, for chat?

That's one thing I liked about PS3 and X360.

#147 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2380 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:36 PM

Let's be real here if you get a Scorpio are you really going to want to go back to that inferior original model? At least the One S can function as a 4K Blu-Ray player. The Xbox One original will probably just collect dust when it could have been moved to extract whatever value it had.

I was playing Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on the Xbox360 earlier today.

#148 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2380 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:41 PM

Are you talking about using a Bluetooth headset, for chat?

That's one thing I liked about PS3 and X360.

Yes. That's what I wish we had with Xbox 1.

There was Bluetooth with x360?

#149 junkie88   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:42 PM

It won't get anywhere near the same play time but it will get used. My other tvs are only 1080P and no bigger then 55" so the Xbox one will be fine for those tvs. Also I still play the 360, sitting right next to the Xbox one. Games don't look or play as well but there still fun.

#150 Cnstntidnty  

Cnstntidnty

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:54 PM

Yes. That's what I wish we had with Xbox 1.

There was Bluetooth with x360?

I remember seeing a Microsoft branded Bluetooth at GS, a white one.

But didn't try it out.

Bluetooth on PS3 was cool, could use any one you had.
And walk freely around your house, without being tethered. :)