Ambassador status - can someone help me with understanding how to add this to my New3DS?

hedliniv

CAGiversary!
Hello,

I have my existing Nintendo Profile and a New 3DS that I have quite a few games I have already purchased from the Nintendo E-shop.  

I want to buy an used "launch 3DS" that has "Ambassador" status.

Is there a way to merge that launch 3DS into my profile so that I have the games integrated into my existing Nintendo profile?  

Is the status locked to that 3DS - are the games locked as well?  Very confused but I want that damn Minish Cap for my 3DS and I figured that I could just give the launch 3DS to my daughter after I extract the Ambassador games.

Is this possible?  How would I go about it? 

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I remember, you will have to do a system transfer, so basically you will need to back everything up on the system you want to use, do a system from the "launch 3DS" to the one you are using, and then re-install everything you had previously.

I don't believe there's a way to pull those games of individually.

Would the games then be tied to my profile? Would my New 3DS now "own" the Ambassador" status?
This only works if the ambassador 3ds never had a Nintendo ID tied to it.
I purchased one a few years ago and it had all the ambassador games already downloaded along with a few other retail games. It was never registered to a Nintendo ID.
I ended up needing to transfer all my personal stuff to the new 3ds and then a week later transferred it all back to my original 3ds with both systems games combined. Now I "own" all of it registered to my nnid

When are they gonna set these games free for the people?
I'd be happy if they'd just make it something I could buy.

I mentioned this in another thread under Wii U but I really hate how Nintendo does these things. You have one shot at getting some of these games and then that's it. I get having a one-shot situation for early release or at a discount but, at some point, it'd be nice if they'd release the games for those to buy.

In addition to the GBA games, it'd be nice if they rolled out DS games to the virtual console. Why I can get a GBA or DS game on my Wii U but not on my 3DS makes no sense to me.

bread's done
Back