Welcome To Board Game Online! (a parody game of Memes, Pokemon GO, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, and more!)

chaz_____

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
 ​
Board Game Online is one of the weirdest online games you'll ever encounter.
You'll fight your way to the finish line using items such as the Time Travel Condom,
Combustible Lemon, Improbability Device and more than 400 others!
Encounter ninjas and pirates, drug dealers and hookers, dangerous caves with bears and dragons!
Murder friends and foes alike in this action-packed parody of whatever the hell a board game could be!
 ​
Hopefully that sounds interesting enough for you to stick around a bit longer.
You can play the game as a guest, but we recommend using an account for the best experience.
With an account you can chat in the lobby, tweaks tons of settings and earn hundreds of achievements!
 ​
 ​
 ​
Frequently Asked Questions

General
 ​
Question: What kind of game is this?
Answer: BG Online is a board game. Online. Without a board, really. But on a website. Seriously though, it is! Just like all your classic board games you play this game with a bunch of other people and the first to cross the finish line wins! With the addition of hookers and brutal murders, of course.
 ​
Question: How do I get started?
Answer: Either you join an existing game or you create a new game. You can both join and create a game without having an account. However, with an account you can earn Achievements, save account options and create and join games more easily.
 ​
Question: How do I get an account?
Answer: Easy! You register and you have one! Just fill out the form and you'll have one within a minute!
 ​
Question: How much does an account cost me?
Answer: Absolutely nothing!
 ​
Question: Then how do you make money with this site?
Answer: We're really hoping people who enjoy the game will make a small donation. As a reward, we have some neat perks for donators that do not influence game balance! We do not want to force our players to pay any kind of fee to play the game.
 ​
Question: What are the system requirements to play this game?
Answer: The following:
A browser. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. In other browsers (especially Internet Explorer) the game will likely perform sub-optimal.
To hear sounds you need HTML5. If you use a recent version of one of the supported browsers, this should always work.
The YouTube Player is used to show videos and play music. As long as you can watch movies on YouTube, you'll be fine.
 ​
Question: I don't get this game. That's not a question!
Answer: Join the club! BG Online defies all logic and there are only few mortals who truly grasp the meaning of this game. However, we can put up a little list of things that you might enjoy.
Annoy your friends.
Collect achievements.
Drink booze.
Visit hookers.
Be a complete asshat and give your friends STDs.
Lobby
 ​
Question: What's the lobby?
Answer: The lobby is the main chat room on our website. Here you can find the online users and links to open and running games. You can also chat with other players if you're logged in.
 ​
Question: How can I use emotes and other special things?
Answer: Type / and the command after it. For instance /hug will display "SexySarah needs a hug.". You can view the list of emotes here, and if you type /help you can see the other slash commands you can use.
 ​
Question: How can I select a Lobby Title that I earned with an Achievement?
Answer: Go to your Account Options and scroll to Website Settings. You can select your Lobby Title there.
 ​
 ​
Gameplay
 ​
Question: How can I start the game?
Answer: Once you're inside the game, you can press the huge 'Start Game' button to start. However, only the game host can press this button.
 ​
Question: I don't see the 'Start Game' button! Why?
Answer: Someone else entered this game before you. Only the game host can press the button. That's not you, apparently.
 ​
Question: I created a game, but am not the game host. How come?
Answer: The first player to enter a game automatically becomes the game host. When you create a game, you'd best enter first before sending the link to your friends or you risk them joining before you do.
 ​
Question: I entered my game, but forgot the link! What now?
Answer: The link is still visible in the address bar of your browser screen.
 ​
Question: What's that timer in the event window?
Answer: This timer is called the Action Timer and it indicates how many seconds the current player has left to make a choice in the event screen. When the timer runs out, every player can click for the current player. When this happens too often, that player can be kicked from the game.
 ​
Question: I died. What now?
Answer: When you die you will get special Death events where usually nothing really happens. Death sucks. Death usually lasts 2 turns, unless other players or special effects and events resurrect you. Try to avoid dying in the future or rather: kill your opponents! 
 ​
Question: How do I know how far I am? Or how fast I go?
Answer: Below the event window is the game line. You can see player icons that indicate where everyone is. Hold your cursor over one to see the name, space and speed of that player. More information can be found in the Ranking in the bottom right of the screen.
 ​
Question: Someone in my game is being a total idiot in the chat.
Answer: Kick their ass! Or right-click on their name to mute them. You can also kick or ban players if you're the host and the game hasn't started yet. If you're in a public game and someone is really going too far, you can submit a Support Ticket by clicking the red triangle button right of the banner.
 ​
 ​
Items
 ​
Question: How do you use items?
Answer: Items can be used in many ways, but they all have one thing in common: You use them by clicking on their icon. Many items will even pop a small menu with options.
 ​
Question: Can items be used in events?
Answer: If you have an item that can be used in an event, you will see a special item button in the event screen. This means you can use that item in the current event. For instance, if you're near the Catapult, a small Hand Grenade icon might be displayed in the event. Click the icon to launch the Hand Grenade with the Catapult.
 ​
Question: I clicked my item and it disappeared. Why? :'(
Answer: When you click your item and it could not be used at that moment, some text will display in the chat like:
SexySarah loves her Hammer.
This simply means the item can not be used at this precise moment. However, to avoid people spamming the chat by clicking their items there is generally a chance you'll break or lose the item:
SexySarah broke her Hammer.
Be sure to read an item's tooltip carefully and you should be able to figure out when you can use an item and when not.
 ​
Question: How can I combine items?
Answer: You can use the "Combine Items" button for that. At the top of your inventory, there's a button with a Hammer + Potion icon. Click the button and you'll automaticly see which items you can combine.
 ​
Question: I received some skills or abilities, but they seem to be items?!
Answer: Skills go in your inventory and are used just like items. Unlike items, skills often have a cooldown and can generally be used multiple times or even indefinitely.
 ​
Question: I entered a shop, but some items were 'out of stock'. What's that about?
Answer: Shops won't sell any items you have in your inventory when you enter the shop. Any item you buy in the shop will be out of stock during the event. Items become available again in a new turn as long as you don't have them in your inventory still.
 ​
Question: Is there a maximum number of items I can have in my inventory?
Answer: No, you can hoard items and skills as much as you like.
 ​
 ​
Achievements
 ​
Question: What's an achievement?
Answer: An achievement is like an award you can earn in a game. Some achievements are hard to obtain and some are easy.
 ​
Question: How can I earn an Achievement?
Answer: You have to create an account to be able to earn Achievements. Achievements can only be earned in games with 2 or more players from different computers (IP's). In Team Games, there have to be at least 2 different teams. Apart from that, just play the game, and you should earn them automatically. 
 ​
Question: Where can I see which Achievements I earned?
Answer: Click on your name at the top right of the website. A menu will reveal itself with a link called My Achievements. Click that to see your achievements.
 ​
Question: How can I select a Lobby Title I earned with an Achievement?
Answer: Go to your Account Settings and scroll to the Website Settings. You can select your Lobby Title there.
 ​
 ​
Troubleshooting
 ​
Question: I use Internet Explorer and something looks ugly or a part of the interface does not seem to work.
Answer: Blame Microsoft for creating a bad browser. Do yourself and the entire internet community a huge favor and choose Firefox or Chrome! They are faster and live up to the international web standards.
 ​
Question: I use Mozilla Firefox / Chrome and something looks ugly or a part of the interface does not seem to work.
Answer: Oh my God! Please let us know immediately and we'll fix it! Use the Support Ticket button in-game to submit a support ticket or send us an email at [email protected].
 ​
 ​
Offensive and Sexual Content
 ​
Question: Can you make a mode with no sexual content?
Answer: That wouldn't be in the spirit of BGO. One of the main principles of our game is to create a world where people are less easily offended. We think sex is a beautiful thing that connects all people on earth. That makes it extremely good material for the game. So no, we do not have any plans to make a special mode without sexual content.
 ​
Question: I saw a player name / game name / message in a bottle / something else with inappropriate text!
Answer: Myeah. People sometimes request we censor or punish the use of words like n*****, f*****, AIDS or whatever else can be considered offensive or inappropriate. Once again, this is something we're extremely relaxed about. Most of these terms have become very common and should be taken with a huge grain of salt these days. Simply put, BGO is not for everyone. If you're so offended by parts of the game content that you do not wish to play the game, you're free to go. We only add content that we deem fit, so we generally will not remove content on grounds of being offensive to some.
 ​
Question: I still think *** is very offensive/inappropriate!
Answer: Okay.
 ​
 ​
Gibberish
 ​
Question: What is a FAQ?
Answer: This is a FAQ.
 ​
Question: I HERD U LIEK MUDKIPS!
Answer: Why yes, thank you.
 ​
Question: What is your power level?
Answer: IT'S OVER 9000!
 ​
Question: THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!
Answer: The scouter doesn't lie.
 ​
Question: I saw some stuff in the game that doesn't make sense logically. What gives?
Answer: A wizard did it.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back