Xbox 360 Controller plus Play and Charge Kit for $19.98 at TRU Clearance

Shropt

CAGiversary!
Found the Xbox 360 Controller with a Play and Charge Kit included at my local Orlando Toys R Us on clearance for $19.98. They also had the standard Xbox 360 Controller for $19.98 also. YMMV??

EDIT: Added photo. And the standard controller was the same packaging minus the Charge kit.

[attachment=23136:controller.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, didn't notice that today. Usually $19.98 is nationwide, unless it was $19.90 which would be manager markdown, and YMMV.

Unless they changed it, the 360 play and charge kits were hot garbage. The cable or battery, or both, would just die eventually. Still, for that price I guess it's worth it. 

Black controller with the transforming D-pad. I'll upload a picture later.
Thank you. I'm going to try to hunt one down. If you open it up, do you mind telling me if it also comes with a regular battery cover for regular AA batteries? I was just about to order replacement battery covers on ebay for around $4 or $5, but I'd rather just put it towards this Toys R Us purchase if I can find one.

I have to say it. It's still sort of mind boggling to me that twenty bucks is a good deal on a controller for a 10+ year old console. That long 7th gen was unique. It doesn't help that these probably work for PC gaming I'm assuming.

Thank you. I'm going to try to hunt one down. If you open it up, do you mind telling me if it also comes with a regular battery cover for regular AA batteries? I was just about to order replacement battery covers on ebay for around $4 or $5, but I'd rather just put it towards this Toys R Us purchase if I can find one.

I have to say it. It's still sort of mind boggling to me that twenty bucks is a good deal on a controller for a 10+ year old console. That long 7th gen was unique. It doesn't help that these probably work for PC gaming I'm assuming.
It comes with a regular battery pack too! (I wondered the same thing while buying it.)

Anyone know if this would work as a wired controller for the Steam Link when using the cable?

Tried the standard wireless controller today at a TRU, still full price at 44.xx. They had none of the play and charge or regular wired to check.

If I didn't already have a factory sealed 360 controller, I would go for this deal. I don't like buying used controllers for dead systems years down the line because they're gross from other people's usage. Take apart a controller sometime and, at the very least, you'll find other people's gunked up sweat.

Found the Xbox 360 Controller with a Play and Charge Kit included at my local Orlando Toys R Us on clearance for $19.98. They also had the standard Xbox 360 Controller for $19.98 also. YMMV??

EDIT: Added photo. And the standard controller was the same packaging minus the Charge kit.

controller.jpg
Florida Mall store?

bread's done
Back