Selling my 3ds, haven't used it in over a year, question about account

I'm gonna sell my 3ds, could use the extra cash right now,  and it's just sitting around unplayed.

If for some reason I ever got another one or newer console/whatever, how would I access my Nintendo profile and games

I have Smash Bros, and New Super Mario digital, plus the mii games or whatever

From what I've looked at, I basically have to format the 3ds to sell it, and I lose access to my games, the only way to secure them is to system transfer??

But I read that if I ever purchase another 3ds in the future I can just contact Nintendo and they can do it at that point?

I'm gonna sell my 3ds, could use the extra cash right now, and it's just sitting around unplayed.

If for some reason I ever got another one or newer console/whatever, how would I access my Nintendo profile and games

I have Smash Bros, and New Super Mario digital, plus the mii games or whatever

From what I've looked at, I basically have to format the 3ds to sell it, and I lose access to my games, the only way to secure them is to system transfer??

But I read that if I ever purchase another 3ds in the future I can just contact Nintendo and they can do it at that point?
You are correct, doing a system transfer now would secure your digital purchases.

If you aren't going to have hardware for a while, you and just format your old hardware and when you acquire new hardware, authenticate with your original Nintendo ID and either directly download your digital purchases again or you may have to call Nintendo to tie info to your new hardware.

bread's done
Back