GTA V Signature Strategy Guide - $3.99 (In-Store Only - Ollie's)

Keep meaning to check out Ollie's as a coworker is always going there and touting it as great.  I always wondered if they had anything gaming related.  Now I have a reason to go check it out.  I'm not sure of how great the deal here is either, but it's worth looking into.  Thanks OP.

Ollies used to have a variety of PC games about 10-15 years ago but in the last few years I've only seen I Spy style games and *Insert Noun Here* simulators.  They periodically have console games come through, but a great place to get last season's toys and books.

Thanks OP. Picked up the last one at the Broadview Road location in NE Ohio. It was tucked away in the sports section of the books, right when you come in the store.

I found one at the Durham, NC location.  It might have been the last one, though I had enough trouble finding it that I can't be sure.

Thanks OP. Picked up the last one at the Broadview Road location in NE Ohio. It was tucked away in the sports section of the books, right when you come in the store.

I found one at the Durham, NC location. It might have been the last one, though I had enough trouble finding it that I can't be sure.
In my store they were in the kids/young adult section and they had probably 15 copies when I saw it. Not sure if that helps, but things can be spread out and difficult to find in Ollies and I'm sure it depends on who and how they classify it.

As for other VG related stuff, I've seen a Little Big Planet guide for $.49 at my store and a Capcom character anthology thing. They also have random graphic novels that might be of interest to people.

As for video games, I only ever see casual stuff for console (dance games and the like) or those cheap jewel case PC games which are honestly overpriced even at $3-4 bucks there.

It makes me laugh to hear positivity about Ollie's. It always seemed like the stuff big Lots couldn't sell went there on a discount. Maybe I just have an exceptionally crappy one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up 2. They had about 12 there and they also had the latest mario kart there was well for $3.99. Thanks OP.

It makes me laugh to hear positivity about Ollie's. It always seemed like the stuff big Lots couldn't sell went there on a discount. Maybe I just have an exceptionally crappy one.
There seems to be a major difference between locations. Where I used to live there was a somewhat new location that had a good selection of merchandise and the store was clean and an older store 45 minutes away near an amusement park that I went to often that didn't look the greatest but had some of the better merchandise (like original XBox games for $0.99 a few years ago). The 2 that are in my area now are both older stores that have half empty shelves and are dirtier.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Ollie's is about a year old and is pretty nice/well stocked.  I think most in this area are newer since they tend to be similar or at the very least they must be run by the same people.

The ones around here stay well stocked and are what I imagine Big Lots used to be at one point.  Nowadays, Big Lots just seems like Walmart Lite to me.  Most of the stuff they sell seems made specifically for Big Lots and there's less and less stuff that seems actually to be a close out or overstock.  Ollie's is almost exclusively overstock, closeout type stuff.  Once it sells out, it's usually gone for good or for a good while until they get another lot. 

It's not a place you can go do all your shopping at, but it has good deals pretty consistently.  We mostly go there for non-perishable food items, personal hygiene stuff, small kitchen appliances, and home repair/upgrade stuff.  

They have an electronics section, but it tends to be small and generic stuff.  They have a small glass case with pricier stuff, but I've yet to find something that interests me there.  

It is nice to be able to browse the book section and pick up a cheap book on occasion and they also have cheap DVDs from time to time.  

bread's done
Back