New Line of Nintendo Selects 8/26

arsenalcrazy8

CAGiversary!
Nintendo is launching a new line of Nintendo Selects starting August 26...all these games will get price drops to 19.99 (15.99 GCU at BB...)

games:

-3DS-

Tomodachi Life

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

Animal Crossing New Leaf

Nintendo Dogs + Cats

Lego City Undercover

-Wii U-

Zelda Windwaker HD (!)

Lego City Undercover (!!)

NintendoLand

Also announced are:

a new 3DS bundle (with faceplates and Mario 3D Land) for 149.99 

Amiibo Wii U game bundles for 39.99 (for Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Party 10, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker)

and before anyone says this is an MSRP deal...its important to put this out there so people don't spend current prices on these.

Linky:

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/nintendo-launches-back-to-school-deals

Last edited by a moderator:
RIP trading in Windwaker copies. Looking forward to a cheap copy of Lego City Undercover! Nintendoland feels like a price increase.

Could have swore every game there besides Tomodachi and Lego were already N Selects games. Oh well, glad Luigi is part of it now.

Why must Nintendo make all N3DS models white--i would have purchased one by now if it was black. And I don't want an XL.

A little surprised that Hyrule Warriors Wii U isn't on there...:whistle2:

Local WM has a few copies, but not paying $60 for it. 

Kind of bummed. I was hoping for a Captain Toad amiibo, not just Toad. 
It makes sense of course, but it would have been nice.

The Amiibo bundles are up on Amazon. Available 9/9.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nav_sap_mas_memday?tag=15-24-20&hidden-keywords=B01JT80418|B01JT802AQ|B01JT80134|B01JT7ZXGA|B01JT7ZX7Y

FUomseM.png

Crap. Was almost done with Wind Waker and gonna sell to gamestop for 15. Hope I can get it done before theyou drop trade value

Captain Toad is an absolute gem. The amiibo levels are a neat addition too, so for $40/$32 GCU/$32 Prime this should go in everyone's collection if it isn't already.

Was hoping for Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, but maybe it's too soon for that one. Gonna pick up Luigi's Mansion and Tomodachi Life on 3DS soon! 

Was hoping for New Super Mario or at least Hyrule Warriors. Games I'm kind of sort of interested in trying out, just not for $60 in 2016.

Lego City Undercover has probably one of the most ridiculously over the top and absolutely memorable finales in all of my years of gaming. If you pick it up, play it to the end.

Trading my Wind Waker HD on Amazon. Never replayed the game, wasted $30 on it.

Wii U, what a waste of money. And very soon it will be abandoned for good and utterly outdated. Doubt anybody would be interested in buying everything (absolutely like new). &#@$.

Damn. Was hoping for Kirby canvas or the Yoshi game. Still nice that Luigi's mansion and wind wake are coming.

Glad that Wind Waker will be discounted. Hope the same eventually happens with Twilight Princess HD. I'm not sure if I should play the remastered versions or play my originals in 2160p on Dolphin.

Lego City Undercover has probably one of the most ridiculously over the top and absolutely memorable finales in all of my years of gaming. If you pick it up, play it to the end.
I'm used to spending $4-5 on Lego games for PC, so even $20 seems a bit much, but I'll probably pick it up since it's one of the few good Wii U games I don't have.

Crap. Was almost done with Wind Waker and gonna sell to gamestop for 15. Hope I can get it done before theyou drop trade value
How far long are you? Maybe you could trade it in right now to lock in the value...then buy it used, use those 7 days to beat it, then return it for your money back lol.

Can't fault Nintendo for doing this but we ALL know they're going to change the UPCs, causing confusion for the old non Selects versions to be regular priced, which is just fucking stupid. Same game, so why not use the same UPC? Shit's not that hard.
I have a feeling the 3D Land 3DS is an early Xmas bundle, if it was everywhere, I'd say it's the new standard. They have to drop the price on the XLs, now?

Lastly, that Wind Waker HD is a steal. I have a sealed copy with the gold cover, I've been wanting the blue cover version but NOT at full price, so thanks Big N!

Lego city is a pretty fun game. Instead of another 3ds bundle can we get a new, cheaper Wii U bundle? Come on Nintendo, just clearance these things out already!

I'm used to spending $4-5 on Lego games for PC, so even $20 seems a bit much, but I'll probably pick it up since it's one of the few good Wii U games I don't have.
I get that, and agree, for most standard Lego games that is the right approach, but Lego City isn't anything like thise games.

Outside of the horrid load times it is a very well made fully fleshed out open Lego world. It is almost like a gta game in that respect. Worth every penny of $20 , and some of the missions are great, great writing (to the point that Tt should make more original Lego games), and like others have said a great ending.

Lego city is a pretty fun game. Instead of another 3ds bundle can we get a new, cheaper Wii U bundle? Come on Nintendo, just clearance these things out already!
Nintendo is just insane for keeping it at $300 when they insist on still charging $60 for a lot of the software on it too. It's a double whammy only the hardest of hardcore are willing to endure.

bread's done
Back