Xbox One Squaretrade warranty claim?

Organ Donor

CAGiversary!
Was curious to know if anybody has had to file a squaretrade warranty claim before for an Xbox one. My disk drive won't read disks unless you hold up on the game a little as you put it into the Xbox. I would assume that this would be a fairly easy fix when I send it in for repair but I wasn't sure what to expect. The website says they will either fix it or replace the item, but I wasn't sure what the likelihood of both would be. Does anybody have any experience with a Xbox one warranty claim through them? I've had this disk drive issue for a while but now that my warranty is going to expire soon I wanted to get it fixed. Thanks  

I haven't had to send in my Xbox luckily, but i did have to send in my Kinect.  I had a replacement about 3 days after they received it. 

Figured I'd post an update... Squaretrade ended up replacing the disk drive. They emailed me a FedEx label when I filed the claim. I shipped the Xbox out last Monday and it was fixed and back to me on Friday. Not bad at all.

The issue is with some ST claims, unless it's had some accidental damage issue, they're going to ship it off to a partner repair vendor to fix it and send it back to you.    If it's an item they can fix and get parts for, they'll fix it.  They only replace it when they can't get parts nor is it something that's repairable, like a Kinect.

My current-gen consoles all have ST plans with accidental damage protection on them, so they're covered no matter what. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys will square trade honor warranty if I am not in USA? Is it worth buying warranty if I will out of US most of the time? How will they fix it?

bread's done
Back