Suicide Squad Blu-ray - Amazon-Exclusive w/ Harley Quinn Figurine

I saw this over the weekend. Not really interested in pre-ordering. It wasn't terrible, but it was far from good. A mediocre movie. It has come to be normal for all of the DC-comics films to be dissapointing. This is largely due to the constant wated potential that is always on display. There are always glimpses of brilliance, but these are always lost in a sea of terrible writing and poor scripting. DC has been making visually interesting films with some strong performances, but with no substance underneath to prop them up. They make decent first watches, but you never really want to go back and watch them again later.

Solid writing and character expression is what keeps you coming back to a film. I watch Jaws once a year, every year. And it just keeps getting better and better. Everytime I watch Man of Steel it gets worse. Granted, I've only watched that one twice. But it still does not hold up well. Thankfully, Suicide Squad is definitely better than Man of Steel. But I still can't help but feel with better writing and a more stable plot it could have been great, as opposed to forgettable generic pap.

bread's done
Back