CAGcast #462: Live at LI Retro!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang gets together for the first time ever to record a live CAGcast at the LI Retro Gaming Expo on August 13, 2016.

Download (1 hours 17 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS
To skip the pre-show "banter", FF to 11m 20s
https://audioboom.com/boos/4943467-cagcast-462-live-at-li-retro

Get $5 off your order (with free shipping) at http://www.harrys.com with coupon code CAGCAST
31698aa980ee65f99f1b267d9a1d5f2e06f30b00.jpg

Show Linkage/Notes:

Other than below intro and outro bumpers, the recording is in real time.
Intro -  Handclap -  Fitz and the Tantrums - New self-titled album available now: http://smarturl.it/fitzandthetantrums
Outro - Epoch Man Commercial

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounded like fun!

Wish I could have come sounded like a lot of fun! but its a long way to come from London :(

There was some interesting stories in there. I don't think I've ever heard the whole story about wombat's name before. Question for wombat and shipwreck, were you guys nervous when doing it?

Great show, what I liked the most is that you guys actually sounded awake while recording.

I bet Wombat got a big ego boost when people actually laughed at his jokes and not ignore them like cheapy and ship do.

Sometimes I wonder what CAG would be like if you guys did hit it big with a Radio show when you first started, I bet by now wombat would be hosting The View and Cheapy would be living on his own private island.

really enjoying the show this week. was a lot of fun listening to the gaming memories. my first system was the Atari 2600 and that will always hold a special place in my heart. thanks for a great show! sounded like a good time.

Edit - laughed out loud when Ship talked about Porky's. I had that when it came out. the shower scene was the best part of the game, lol. that's one of my most vivid memories of the 2600, that and the excitement of finding the easter egg in adventure.

Great show. It was nice to hear that the dynamic didn't change with the audience present. Great questions from the crowd and a lot of great talk about retro games.

I'm glad I am not the only one who laughs at Wombat's jokes!

Who is this Wombat and where has he been?!?  For six years, I've listened to Wombat's often awkward exchanges, forced jokes, run-on soliloquies, etc.  I've always wondered, "Cheapy and Ship seem to really like this guy, and chat with him regularly off-air.  Curious why that is...'  Then i listened to the live show.  "Stuart" was amazing.  Quick jokes, relevant references, engaging with the crowd, moving the show FORWARD instead of grinding it to a halt with crazy non-sequiturs.  THIS is the person who could be an ad executive, who could guide a show.  Perhaps every show should be live in front of an audience.

As always, don't change, Wombat.  We all love you.

Round trip or 5 hours one way? also was it worth it?
My girlfriend reminded me google maps estimated the drive there to be 5 hours but I made it in 4. 4 hours to get there then after a long day touring Long Island then places in Connecticut I drove 4.5 hours home. 600 miles for the day.
I had a great time. The guys did a great show hope they start doing shows at PAXEAST. I'm known for spontaneous road trips so the driving was fine. It was a longer one day road trip then most I've done.

I really enjoyed this show, and I'm glad you guys seemed so at ease in front of the crowd!  If I didn't live all the way in Texas, I would have gone in a heartbeat. I've always loved this show, and I hope this venue earned you some new fans!

Great job!

bread's done
Back