Best Buy 50th Anniversary sale starts 8/18 @ 10 p.m. CDT

donny2112

CAGiversary!
http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/18/12532270/best-buy-discounts-50-anniversary

Best Buy celebrates 50th anniversary with MacBook Pro, iPhone, and PS4 deals

Best Buy is celebrating its 50th anniversary by launching 50 deals available for 50 hours. Discounts include $150 off select MacBook Pro laptops, $400 off a 65-inch Samsung 4K UHD TV, and $180 off Beats Studio Wireless On-Ear headphones. The deals go live in Best Buy's retail stores and online from 10PM CT today, with the discounts ending this Saturday at 11.59PM CT. (Best Buy's actual 50th anniversary is Monday, August 22nd.)

Here are some of the other deals, available while stocks last.

• Save an extra $150 on the MacBook Pro with Best Buy's student deals program (a total saving of $300)
  • Save up to 70 percent on LEGO Dimensions, Skylanders and Amiibo products
  • Save $50 on Garmin's Vivosmart HR activity tracker
  • Buy a PS4 Call of Duty bundle and get Destiny and two other games of your choice for free
  • Get a $50 gift card with purchase of a Swagtron T1 self-balancing hoverboard (online only)
  • Get an iPhone 6S from $1 or an iPhone 6S Plus from $99.99 with a two-year activation on Sprint or Verizon Wireless (saving $200)
  • Get a $200 gift card with purchase of iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus and activation with an AT&T Next plan
Gaming-wise, toys-to-life figures will be on sale up to 70%, and PS4 BlOps3 bundle+Destiny+2 pick-your-own-games, probably for MSRP of the BlOps3 bundle. We'll see once the sale starts tonight at 10 p.m. CDT. This post is a Wiki, so feel free to update it with the deals as they come in. ;)

Edit:

May be able to combine with the $10 off $100 with VISA checkout promotion going on, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta get rid of 50 years of old merchandise at an insignificant discount.

I'm expecting $40 prices on $60 games that came out 1yr ago

So what are the rumors on Apple coming out with a new MBP? I would be upset if I got one only for them to announce a new one in like September.

I'm hoping the Lego Dimensions starter sets will be sub-$30. Gotta be ready for when the Sonic level pack comes out.

tumblr_n54q2cI9uZ1rvfy6do1_500.gif

Uh... Its 50 items for 50 hours. So I'm guessing most of it will be tv's and laptops, probably not much on games.

Uh... Its 50 items for 50 hours. So I'm guessing most of it will be tv's and laptops, probably not much on games.
since they have dimensions/skylanders/infinity listed, they could easily have one of the items be "select video games" on sale. im sure the toys to life will be listed as one deal.

I'm ready to complete my amiibo collection as long as the Kirby and new Splatoon figures are around the 70% off mark.  I'd also be open to the Portal Dimensions level pack around that discount too.

I just love how entitles people have become esspecially when it comes to best buy sales and GCU. You already get 20 percent off any game you buy for a measly 30 bucks for two years. Stop freaking whining about game prices. For one if you dont support developers and buy their games at prices for more then the pennies you all want them for then developers cannot make games and definatly cannot afford to innovate. Fact is gaming is an expensive hobby and if you cant affors it then gtfo. Your entitled to nothing. Now get over yourselves. Carry on children.

I just love how entitles people have become esspecially when it comes to best buy sales and GCU. You already get 20 percent off any game you buy for a measly 30 bucks for two years. Stop freaking whining about game prices. For one if you dont support developers and buy their games at prices for more then the pennies you all want them for then developers cannot make games and definatly cannot afford to innovate. Fact is gaming is an expensive hobby and if you cant affors it then gtfo. Your entitled to nothing. Now get over yourselves. Carry on children.
4tLCZZI.gif

WHAT-THE-HELL-jzotr5.png

At least they won't have hourly disappointment and make us cheap at random ass times of the day and night to see how unappealing it is.

"Carry on children"? Seriously?

What moral high ground do you actually have to stand on? If developers want full price for software titles, they should develop games that are worthy of full retail, rather than pushing out sloppy games that need day one patches, require DLC to even get near to the functionality promised during the hype of the release window. (And some don't even do that. I'm looking at you, No Man's Sky).

Best Buy is doing no favors. They get $30 for NOTHING, and save for the people who really exploit what they can get from it, they aren't exactly losing on the deal. It's not Best Buy being generous, it's a calculated product created to help them ensnare a somewhat captive audience of people that WILL pay relatively close to retail price on products.

Gaming is not necessarily an expensive hobby, and there are lots of smart devs and publishers that have learned that, thus the rampant success of Freemium titles, reproduction products and even "Value sublines". (Like "Player's Choice, Platinum hits, etc).

The last thing gaming needs is egotistical morons believing themselves some sort elite bastion of noble protector of the realms of gaming. Especially when they're probably just a filthy console peasant anyways.

So what are the rumors on Apple coming out with a new MBP? I would be upset if I got one only for them to announce a new one in like September.
My iMac pretty much died yesterday.. Going to switch to a 15" MBP with external monitor. (and sell my 13" MBP) so of course the day after I can't return a purchase... Apple *will* have a new MBP release.

The last real update to it was last year.. and there is an event next month.

I may have to just get by with the 13" for a month or so, to be safe.

My wife needs a vibrator. Hoping to get her 1 cheap. Need the usb model where you can download the different pulses.

Jsweeny are you a fucking moron. Your one to talk about moral high ground when your one of those Pc Master race people. Btw i have a gaming comp. Xboxone. And ps4 so dont give me that bs argument. As for No mans sky the people are the ones who gave that game morw features then it had not hello games. No mans sky is an amazing accomplishment for a game made by a team of fucking 12 people. You obviously know nothing of game design and creation and the thousands upon thousands of hours it takes to make a game. But your gonna say its all developers faults and there should be no patches or dlc. Your an idiot. It costs money to keep supporting games after launch. Games used to be 80-90 bucks back in the snes days yet people bitch about 60 dollar games with budgets for triple A games in the 100s of millions of dollars. SMFH. As for Gcu i dont see very many other companies offering compareable savings of gcu. Amazon is only one close and theirs is only new games and preorders not all games. So jsweeny go kill yourself kthx

I'll probably bite on Witcher 3 for PC at that price. Built my gaming rig back up recently and need something good to play on it. 

The PS4 deal is pretty good, too bad I just used the 10% cartwheel promo to get one at Target...

Nothing else is all that good, some decent stuff just not any showstoppers.  Guess it was too much to wish for a deal on No Man's Sky?  I remember the days when places would put stuff on sale in the following weeks after it was released.  

Really though all or most of the games should be about $5 cheaper...especially the 14.99 games.

bread's done
Back