"Steven Universe" discussion thread [SPOILERS AHEAD]

Rakaiju

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Any other CAGers adore this show as much as I do? The past summer event just blew me away. IMHO, "Bismuth", "Beta/Earthlings", and "Back to the Moon" were the best episodes out of it.

I'm honestly glad that Lapis is coming to terms with Peridot and starting to let go over what happened with Malachite, too. Although, I'm not really expecting a redemption arc for Jasper as much as people want there to be. How she's manipulative, power-hungry, and jingoistic/nationalistic to the point that she held Homeworld's view of Earth, her own birthplace, being a "garbage planet" just says a lot. (Maybe the fact that Rose shattered Pink Diamond might be partially the reason why, though.) And with how she recently treated Amethyst like absolute garbage sets that further in stone. Smoky Quartz really gave her the ass kicking she kinda deserved.  Wouldn't say she deserved being corrupted, though...

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the little things, like the eye catch in the bismuth episode that acted as sort of a trick (though it was still obvious what was going to happen). And a whole episode around a road runner riff.

Is this season the last or are they still deciding? I have no idea why they burn off all these new episodes in huge marathons then just have months of repeats after repeats though.

Is this season the last or are they still deciding? I have no idea why they burn off all these new episodes in huge marathons then just have months of repeats after repeats though.
Well, we're on the fourth season right now, which started with "Know Your Fusion". Doubt the Crewniverse'll end the show with the fifth. Way too many unanswered questions. Not to mention, I'd love for it to continue to see Steven & Connie actually grow up together.

And, yeah, I honestly think CN were/are kinda incompetent with their own scheduling sometimes. Were actually decent with how episodes aired back when the show first premiered, but ever since they came up with Steven Bombs it got annoying how it would just constantly fall into hiatus afterwards. I'm surprised the show hasn't dropped back into another. Hopefully they're trying to get it back on a weekly basis again. Appreciate that they've been doing better with reruns right now. Sure as hell beats the constant TTG repeats.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back