* * * * - 3 votes

iam8bit: (PS4) Rez Infinite Physical Edition (iam8bit Exclusive) Available for Preorder

#1 ElvinWasHere   Add Me! CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

ElvinWasHere

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:13 PM

As of today, you can now preorder Rez Infinite through iam8bit.  iam8bit is supposedly releasing the exclusive physical version (i.e. it'll be digital everywhere else) for PS4.

It's also compatible with PSVR and region free.

Never played it, but heard great things!

Officially ships around October - get it while you can!!

EDIT: Forgot the link

http://store.iam8bit...ns/rez-infinite

#2 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20818 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:15 PM

Just a heads up.

Cheapest shipping option is media mail $5 up to 2 copies, and $7 thereafter.

Tax for certain locations.

#3 akileese   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

akileese

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:17 PM

for those that aren't aware, iam8bit is deplorable. They have horrible customer service, after market pricing, and when people complained about their shipping practices, they just decided to remove media mail altogether from the Rez items. On Neogaf, a good portion of us in the game vinyl thread have basically started boycotting them over their practices. 

Just be aware that there is a good chance your items will be delayed and arrive way later than anticipated. 

#4 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20818 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:19 PM

for those that aren't aware, iam8bit is deplorable. They have horrible customer service, after market pricing, and when people complained about their shipping practices, they just decided to remove media mail altogether from the Rez items. On Neogaf, a good portion of us in the game vinyl thread have basically started boycotting them over their practices. 

Just be aware that there is a good chance your items will be delayed and arrive way later than anticipated. 

Media mail is an option for checkout here, so I'm guessing they didn't decide to remove it altogether yet. :P

#5 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6237 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:21 PM

I dont really mind being late. I just worry they get damaged or loose discs. I hope they pack it well. Its my first time ordering from them.

#6 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20818 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:25 PM

I dont really mind being late. I just worry they get damaged or loose discs. I hope they pack it well. Its my first time ordering from them.

It's most likely going to be in a bubble mailer since they've shipped other things similar size like that, and they'll be shipping it media mail, so good luck. :P

#7 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22474 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:52 PM

I have the NMS CE pre-ordered there under my old address. I've asked them twice to change the address... and twice they've told me it's been updated. My order page still shows my old address.:-s 

#8 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20818 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:56 PM

I have the NMS CE pre-ordered there under my old address. I've asked them twice to change the address... and twice they've told me it's been updated. My order page still shows my old address. :-s

Get ready for the address forwarding. :D

#9 Skeptik82   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:59 PM

thanks for this... didn't even know this was a thing at all.

#10 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20818 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:01 PM

thanks for this... didn't even know this was a thing at all.

It's probably because you don't visit the LRG thread! ;D

#11 Squall835   Gamer without fear! CAGiversary!   1807 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:13 PM

How long do these pre-orders last before selling out?

#12 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1227 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:23 PM

Lol this is a joke. Anyone know the price for a digital copy? It's almost the price of a full on game. I can't believe this will do well for them. Even us guys buying unknown LRG releases aren't biting. 

#13 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20818 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:28 PM

Even us guys buying unknown LRG releases aren't biting. 

anigif_enhanced-28325-1424799404-3.gif

#14 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:44 PM

I love Rez and if this is the only way to get a physical copy I'm in

#15 YugiMoto  

YugiMoto

Posted 19 August 2016 - 05:46 PM

Lol this is a joke. Anyone know the price for a digital copy? It's almost the price of a full on game. I can't believe this will do well for them. Even us guys buying unknown LRG releases aren't biting.

Nope. Not at $40.

#16 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2602 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:33 PM

Even us guys buying unknown LRG releases aren't biting. 

Yeah, I'm going to have to go with you on this one. While I don't necessarily consider $40 to be out of the question, I'm still a little leery of pre-ordering a physical copy of this title. I still need to throw in one of my copies of the original Rez and give it a try. It's one of the more prominent titles in my backlog. Perhaps I would be more gung-ho with more experience with the series. But as it stands a game that seems optimized for VR is not what I'm looking to pre-order on. Titles like Octo-Dad and Oddworld: New and Tasty were easy sells. They had broad critical acclaim before they ever got a physical release. While the Rez series is generally well-regarded, this latest game hasn't been released yet. No one has any idea if it will actually be a good entry.

Going to have to wait on this one.

#17 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2337 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:09 PM

Dang straight.  I had the DC version imported from the UK... but eventually sold it due to financial needs and it being worth too much at the time to keep.

It's most likely going to be in a bubble mailer since they've shipped other things similar size like that, and they'll be shipping it media mail, so good luck. :P

LRG also ships using bubble mailers as do most of the major retailers.  It's something to be expected when shopping online.  Media Mail is basically the same as First Class with the addition of it being defined contents as "media".  Granted I'd rather it be a box... but eh, $40 for what to me is easily a $60 AAA game, I have no issue with the price or shipping.  But I'm also fine not getting it day 1 or 10 or heck even the first month since it's going to my PS4 backlog which I plan to start playing sometime next year before Shenmue 3 comes out.

10 years from now no one will give much thought for most of those LRG releases because most just aren't great games.  Heck most (not all) of them now people don't talk about even in an ironic way.   They publish collectibles of mostly very cheap digital only games  that most of the owners aren't even opening because they are for flipping to ebay.  It's a big bubble market that will pop.  REZ is a known franchise with a cult following and AAA for it's genre.  People will still want this 10 years from now and will have fond memories of it.   Will it be worth more in 10 years?  No telling, but most really amazing games like this will spike in value.  Rez has done this before on Dreamcast & PS2... it'll happen at some point for this game.

#18 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20818 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:20 PM

LRG also ships using bubble mailers as do most of the major retailers.  It's something to be expected when shopping online.  Media Mail is basically the same as First Class with the addition of it being defined contents as "media".

If by basically the same you mean they're both services that USPS offers, then yes, they're basically the same.

#19 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2758 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:26 PM

I love Rez and physical copies and I still say no thanks

#20 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6237 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:39 PM

Is this a remake or remastered?

#21 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:43 PM

Is this a remake or remastered?

Remaster. I played it at Sony's Press Conference at E3 and it's the same exact game.

#22 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5356 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:51 PM

Never bought anything from this UK website.  It will take like a month to get to the USA, if I choose media mail right?

#23 cheaphuck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:34 PM

It's almost insulting they would use media mail and charge $5 rather than using first class which is faster and cheaper and should be no more than $3.50 anywhere in the country. On top of that $40 for game that will most likely be less than $20 digitally.

#24 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5952 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:59 PM

It's almost insulting they would use media mail and charge $5 rather than using first class which is faster and cheaper and should be no more than $3.50 anywhere in the country. On top of that $40 for game that will most likely be less than $20 digitally.

The game will be $30 on PSN at launch, so $40 is not really that bad.  

#25 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5952 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:00 PM

Never bought anything from this UK website.  It will take like a month to get to the USA, if I choose media mail right?

Why are you ordering from the UK website?  They have a US website and will ship from Los Angeles like they always do for US customers.

#26 cheaphuck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:01 PM

The game will be $30 on PSN at launch, so $40 is not really that bad.  

Ahh ok, $40 seems fair then.

#27 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2337 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:17 PM

If by basically the same you mean they're both services that USPS offers, then yes, they're basically the same.

I just mean that they ship (for a small bubble envelope) about the same time frame with the same level of care.   It's pretty much the same exact service just with a different stamp on it declaring it media mail.  I mean... I've shipped a lot of stuff Media Mail, First Class, Priority... time frames were pretty consistent between Media Mail and First Class.

In the end, as long as I get my game, I'm cool.  Same for everyone that ordered from LRG today and will be waiting a few weeks for their games to show up.  All of these companies kind of suck in one way or another.  LRG's distribution center issues, glitchy website, and loose discs.  iam8bit's use of media mail and inflated shipping costs (and supposedly poor customer service?).  No one really does that great a job.  Well... maybe fangamer.  I thought their website worked fine and shipping seemed fair enough.  I'll find out in October just how good these other companies are any better.  In the end though... it's all about the games for me.

#28 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5356 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:52 PM

Why are you ordering from the UK website?  They have a US website and will ship from Los Angeles like they always do for US customers.

Misinterpreted "go to UK store" as if it was a UK site.  Now I'm starting to see why everyone is mad at this website for using media mail.

#29 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1227 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:25 PM

Dang straight. I had the DC version imported from the UK... but eventually sold it due to financial needs and it being worth too much at the time to keep.

LRG also ships using bubble mailers as do most of the major retailers. It's something to be expected when shopping online. Media Mail is basically the same as First Class with the addition of it being defined contents as "media". Granted I'd rather it be a box... but eh, $40 for what to me is easily a $60 AAA game, I have no issue with the price or shipping. But I'm also fine not getting it day 1 or 10 or heck even the first month since it's going to my PS4 backlog which I plan to start playing sometime next year before Shenmue 3 comes out.

10 years from now no one will give much thought for most of those LRG releases because most just aren't great games. Heck most (not all) of them now people don't talk about even in an ironic way. They publish collectibles of mostly very cheap digital only games that most of the owners aren't even opening because they are for flipping to ebay. It's a big bubble market that will pop. REZ is a known franchise with a cult following and AAA for it's genre. People will still want this 10 years from now and will have fond memories of it. Will it be worth more in 10 years? No telling, but most really amazing games like this will spike in value. Rez has done this before on Dreamcast & PS2... it'll happen at some point for this game.

Fair enough I guess. If it were $25 plus $5 shipping I'd already have a copy and be waiting for their next drop. For $40 + unknown shipping costs? I'd rather save my money for something else.

I'm not saying they should give up. I'm saying I hope they learn a lesson from this and price their games more reasonably.

#30 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19881 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:37 PM

Fair enough I guess. If it were $25 plus $5 shipping I'd already have a copy and be waiting for their next drop. For $40 + unknown shipping costs? I'd rather save my money for something else.

I'm not saying they should give up. I'm saying I hope they learn a lesson from this and price their games more reasonably.

Rez is $30 digital, so a mark up to $40 for a physical copy is a reasonable price.  For many people shipping is $5 with media mail.  My only complain is no option for 1st class mail.