iam8bit: (PS4) Rez Infinite Physical Edition (iam8bit Exclusive) Available for Preorder

ElvinWasHere

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
As of today, you can now preorder Rez Infinite through iam8bit.  iam8bit is supposedly releasing the exclusive physical version (i.e. it'll be digital everywhere else) for PS4.

It's also compatible with PSVR and region free.

Never played it, but heard great things!

Officially ships around October - get it while you can!!

EDIT: Forgot the link

http://store.iam8bit.com/collections/rez-infinite

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up.

Cheapest shipping option is media mail $5 up to 2 copies, and $7 thereafter.

Tax for certain locations.

for those that aren't aware, iam8bit is deplorable. They have horrible customer service, after market pricing, and when people complained about their shipping practices, they just decided to remove media mail altogether from the Rez items. On Neogaf, a good portion of us in the game vinyl thread have basically started boycotting them over their practices. 

Just be aware that there is a good chance your items will be delayed and arrive way later than anticipated. 

for those that aren't aware, iam8bit is deplorable. They have horrible customer service, after market pricing, and when people complained about their shipping practices, they just decided to remove media mail altogether from the Rez items. On Neogaf, a good portion of us in the game vinyl thread have basically started boycotting them over their practices.

Just be aware that there is a good chance your items will be delayed and arrive way later than anticipated.
Media mail is an option for checkout here, so I'm guessing they didn't decide to remove it altogether yet. :p

I dont really mind being late. I just worry they get damaged or loose discs. I hope they pack it well. Its my first time ordering from them.

I dont really mind being late. I just worry they get damaged or loose discs. I hope they pack it well. Its my first time ordering from them.
It's most likely going to be in a bubble mailer since they've shipped other things similar size like that, and they'll be shipping it media mail, so good luck. :p

I have the NMS CE pre-ordered there under my old address. I've asked them twice to change the address... and twice they've told me it's been updated. My order page still shows my old address.:whistle2:S

Lol this is a joke. Anyone know the price for a digital copy? It's almost the price of a full on game. I can't believe this will do well for them. Even us guys buying unknown LRG releases aren't biting. 

Even us guys buying unknown LRG releases aren't biting.
anigif_enhanced-28325-1424799404-3.gif

Even us guys buying unknown LRG releases aren't biting.
Yeah, I'm going to have to go with you on this one. While I don't necessarily consider $40 to be out of the question, I'm still a little leery of pre-ordering a physical copy of this title. I still need to throw in one of my copies of the original Rez and give it a try. It's one of the more prominent titles in my backlog. Perhaps I would be more gung-ho with more experience with the series. But as it stands a game that seems optimized for VR is not what I'm looking to pre-order on. Titles like Octo-Dad and Oddworld: New and Tasty were easy sells. They had broad critical acclaim before they ever got a physical release. While the Rez series is generally well-regarded, this latest game hasn't been released yet. No one has any idea if it will actually be a good entry.

Going to have to wait on this one.

I love Rez and if this is the only way to get a physical copy I'm in
Dang straight. I had the DC version imported from the UK... but eventually sold it due to financial needs and it being worth too much at the time to keep.

It's most likely going to be in a bubble mailer since they've shipped other things similar size like that, and they'll be shipping it media mail, so good luck. :p
LRG also ships using bubble mailers as do most of the major retailers. It's something to be expected when shopping online. Media Mail is basically the same as First Class with the addition of it being defined contents as "media". Granted I'd rather it be a box... but eh, $40 for what to me is easily a $60 AAA game, I have no issue with the price or shipping. But I'm also fine not getting it day 1 or 10 or heck even the first month since it's going to my PS4 backlog which I plan to start playing sometime next year before Shenmue 3 comes out.

Lol this is a joke. Anyone know the price for a digital copy? It's almost the price of a full on game. I can't believe this will do well for them. Even us guys buying unknown LRG releases aren't biting.
10 years from now no one will give much thought for most of those LRG releases because most just aren't great games. Heck most (not all) of them now people don't talk about even in an ironic way. They publish collectibles of mostly very cheap digital only games that most of the owners aren't even opening because they are for flipping to ebay. It's a big bubble market that will pop. REZ is a known franchise with a cult following and AAA for it's genre. People will still want this 10 years from now and will have fond memories of it. Will it be worth more in 10 years? No telling, but most really amazing games like this will spike in value. Rez has done this before on Dreamcast & PS2... it'll happen at some point for this game.

LRG also ships using bubble mailers as do most of the major retailers. It's something to be expected when shopping online. Media Mail is basically the same as First Class with the addition of it being defined contents as "media".
If by basically the same you mean they're both services that USPS offers, then yes, they're basically the same.

Never bought anything from this UK website.  It will take like a month to get to the USA, if I choose media mail right?

It's almost insulting they would use media mail and charge $5 rather than using first class which is faster and cheaper and should be no more than $3.50 anywhere in the country. On top of that $40 for game that will most likely be less than $20 digitally.

It's almost insulting they would use media mail and charge $5 rather than using first class which is faster and cheaper and should be no more than $3.50 anywhere in the country. On top of that $40 for game that will most likely be less than $20 digitally.
The game will be $30 on PSN at launch, so $40 is not really that bad.

If by basically the same you mean they're both services that USPS offers, then yes, they're basically the same.
I just mean that they ship (for a small bubble envelope) about the same time frame with the same level of care. It's pretty much the same exact service just with a different stamp on it declaring it media mail. I mean... I've shipped a lot of stuff Media Mail, First Class, Priority... time frames were pretty consistent between Media Mail and First Class.

In the end, as long as I get my game, I'm cool. Same for everyone that ordered from LRG today and will be waiting a few weeks for their games to show up. All of these companies kind of suck in one way or another. LRG's distribution center issues, glitchy website, and loose discs. iam8bit's use of media mail and inflated shipping costs (and supposedly poor customer service?). No one really does that great a job. Well... maybe fangamer. I thought their website worked fine and shipping seemed fair enough. I'll find out in October just how good these other companies are any better. In the end though... it's all about the games for me.

Why are you ordering from the UK website? They have a US website and will ship from Los Angeles like they always do for US customers.
Misinterpreted "go to UK store" as if it was a UK site. Now I'm starting to see why everyone is mad at this website for using media mail.

Dang straight. I had the DC version imported from the UK... but eventually sold it due to financial needs and it being worth too much at the time to keep.

LRG also ships using bubble mailers as do most of the major retailers. It's something to be expected when shopping online. Media Mail is basically the same as First Class with the addition of it being defined contents as "media". Granted I'd rather it be a box... but eh, $40 for what to me is easily a $60 AAA game, I have no issue with the price or shipping. But I'm also fine not getting it day 1 or 10 or heck even the first month since it's going to my PS4 backlog which I plan to start playing sometime next year before Shenmue 3 comes out.

10 years from now no one will give much thought for most of those LRG releases because most just aren't great games. Heck most (not all) of them now people don't talk about even in an ironic way. They publish collectibles of mostly very cheap digital only games that most of the owners aren't even opening because they are for flipping to ebay. It's a big bubble market that will pop. REZ is a known franchise with a cult following and AAA for it's genre. People will still want this 10 years from now and will have fond memories of it. Will it be worth more in 10 years? No telling, but most really amazing games like this will spike in value. Rez has done this before on Dreamcast & PS2... it'll happen at some point for this game.
Fair enough I guess. If it were $25 plus $5 shipping I'd already have a copy and be waiting for their next drop. For $40 + unknown shipping costs? I'd rather save my money for something else.

I'm not saying they should give up. I'm saying I hope they learn a lesson from this and price their games more reasonably.

Fair enough I guess. If it were $25 plus $5 shipping I'd already have a copy and be waiting for their next drop. For $40 + unknown shipping costs? I'd rather save my money for something else.

I'm not saying they should give up. I'm saying I hope they learn a lesson from this and price their games more reasonably.
Rez is $30 digital, so a mark up to $40 for a physical copy is a reasonable price. For many people shipping is $5 with media mail. My only complain is no option for 1st class mail.

Remaster. I played it at Sony's Press Conference at E3 and it's the same exact game.
Tha'ts the best 3D shooter I've played (2D is Ikaruga), have both on Dreamcast, though I know the game is not everyone's favorite. However,I doubt I will pay that amount for it when I'm not that interested in the VR and 1 new level.

This is a truly awful price. $47.99 including shipping.

Rez HD was $10 digitally at release and that was 1080p as well. Even the Qubed release on 360, which came with a couple other games, was I think $30, and can be found for $5 or $10 now.

Unfortunately I love Rez enough to be a sucker and pick it up anyway. $47.99 for a single new level has got to be the worst bang for buck of all time. I feel like I'm betraying the CAG code.

Sigh...decided to place an order as Rez was one of my favorite games of its era.

I just mean that they ship (for a small bubble envelope) about the same time frame with the same level of care. It's pretty much the same exact service just with a different stamp on it declaring it media mail. I mean... I've shipped a lot of stuff Media Mail, First Class, Priority... time frames were pretty consistent between Media Mail and First Class.

In the end, as long as I get my game, I'm cool. Same for everyone that ordered from LRG today and will be waiting a few weeks for their games to show up. All of these companies kind of suck in one way or another. LRG's distribution center issues, glitchy website, and loose discs. iam8bit's use of media mail and inflated shipping costs (and supposedly poor customer service?). No one really does that great a job. Well... maybe fangamer. I thought their website worked fine and shipping seemed fair enough. I'll find out in October just how good these other companies are any better. In the end though... it's all about the games for me.
Loose discs will be a problem for iam8bit and anyone else shipping PS4 games. I'm so sick of people thinking this problem is exclusive to us. Do people really think that if we could fix this, we wouldn't? If I had an option to pay $1 more for better cases, I would. Loose discs are a nightmare issue and they plague ALL PS4 releases. I've started collecting videos of games in retail stores with loose discs just to refute the jerks who claim this is an LRG exclusive issue.

Also, even if we have fulfillment center issues, we *always* make sure people get their order. If something gets crushed we replace it. For a company with literally two people doing everything, I'd say we're doing a pretty killer job on most fronts.

I should also point out that Fangamer isn't doing any actual publishing. They're just doing fulfillment and distribution. Loose discs were a problem for them on RCR and if they had anything super limited and super in demand their site would have all the same issues (they use Shopify too, so does iam8bit for that matter).

Loose discs will be a problem for iam8bit and anyone else shipping PS4 games. I'm so sick of people thinking this problem is exclusive to us. Do people really think that if we could fix this, we wouldn't? If I had an option to pay $1 more for better cases, I would. Loose discs are a nightmare issue and they plague ALL PS4 releases. I've started collecting videos of games in retail stores with loose discs just to refute the jerks who claim this is an LRG exclusive issue.

Also, even if we have fulfillment center issues, we *always* make sure people get their order. If something gets crushed we replace it. For a company with literally two people doing everything, I'd say we're doing a pretty killer job on most fronts.

I should also point out that Fangamer isn't doing any actual publishing. They're just doing fulfillment and distribution. Loose discs were a problem for them on RCR and if they had anything super limited and super in demand their site would have all the same issues (they use Shopify too, so does iam8bit for that matter).
Well said. Sony must be sitting on tens of millions of these cases to not have attempted to solve this problem by now. I've had entire boxes (30 copies) come into my store with every disc loose. There's really nothing you can do but sell them as is and replace them if a customer comes back because it was too scratched.

Well said. Sony must be sitting on tens of millions of these cases to not have attempted to solve this problem by now. I've had entire boxes (30 copies) come into my store with every disc loose. There's really nothing you can do but sell them as is and replace them if a customer comes back because it was too scratched.
Luckily blu-ray discs are incredibly resilient. XD

I think it's the lack of manuals allowing extra flex in the cases. I haven't read of the PS4 version of Shovel Knight (for instance) having this loose disc issue and it had a full manual.

I think it's the lack of manuals allowing extra flex in the cases. I haven't read of the PS4 version of Shovel Knight (for instance) having this loose disc issue and it had a full manual.
Nope. I have had plenty of PS4 games show up with loose discs that had manuals. In fact, I just received Olli Olli from Amazon and the case was stuffed with a large manual/studio history book and I still ended up with a floater.

I must be lucky. I have around 35 PS4 games and I got 1 loose disc shipped from Best Buy and 2 loose discs from LRG (Oddworld and Breach and Clear Deadline). I only bought 2 games from LRG.

I must be lucky. I have around 35 PS4 games and I got 1 loose disc shipped from Best Buy and 2 loose discs from LRG (Oddworld and Breach and Clear Deadline). I only bought 2 games from LRG.
I have about 25 PS4 games in the collection, none from LRG thus far, and none have had loose discs. Most of my net purchased games came from Amazon... the rest were from regular retail outlets. I didn't even know that was an issue till the LRG thread. But if it's a widespread problem, then it is. I'll find out first hand if this is an issue for Rez Infinite... if it is, then surely iam8bit will get a similar reputation for loose discs.

I only had 1 loose disc, it happened when I got a vita game and a ps4 game from lrg, but it was because they lady packed it into my po box that it barely fit in.

That said it's a non issue for me. I open and intend to play all my games.

I have about 25 PS4 games in the collection, none from LRG thus far, and none have had loose discs. Most of my net purchased games came from Amazon... the rest were from regular retail outlets. I didn't even know that was an issue till the LRG thread. But if it's a widespread problem, then it is. I'll find out first hand if this is an issue for Rez Infinite... if it is, then surely iam8bit will get a similar reputation for loose discs.
Majority of my games I ordered from Best Buy and Amazon. I rarely buy from in-store best buy. I also sold quite a few PS4 games on ebay. No one mentioned loose discs.

Am I blind?  When I make it to checkout, I don't see any cheap shipping option (Media mail or otherwise). 

Priority mail @ $13.49.

bread's done
Back