* * * * - 8 votes

Indie/Limited/Obscure Physical Release Deals and Discussion Thread

#3691 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:50 PM

Not sure if mentioned yet but a UK company called Super Rare Games popped up with their first Switch limited game. It's Human: Fall Flat with 5000 copies for £24.99.

https://superraregam...=10533959827499

Thank goodness I'm not a fan of the game and am resisting anything but games I'm hyped for on the Switch.

Lol, 5k, good luck

#3692 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4507 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:52 PM

Oh FFS. Not another one of these god damn companies.

My YouTube Channel (Not in active use)

https://www.youtube....HellDestroyer77

My Complete Game Collectionhttps://drive.google...cpj5oe8EOPSQ1JQ

My Twitter:https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Complete DVD/Blu Collectionhttp://www.blu-ray.c...id.php?u=102540

#3693 spoderman  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:58 PM

lmao they even come with cards and stickers

GUtUP1U.jpg

#3694 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3822 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:05 PM

Not sure if mentioned yet but a UK company called Super Rare Games popped up with their first Switch limited game.  It's Human: Fall Flat with 5000 copies for  £24.99.  

Thank goodness I'm not a fan of the game and am resisting anything but games I'm hyped for on the Switch.

I'd rather fall flat on my face than buy that.

NnZPC5V.png

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#3695 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5769 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:20 PM

Lol, 5k, good luck

Also be warned that their currency conversion plug-in is way off.  They claim the game is $35 US, but they charge in GBP and at today's rates, it's about $42, not including the shipping which takes it to over $50 US.  

#3696 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3822 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:21 PM

Meanwhile, Amazon canceled my order of Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition.

NnZPC5V.png

Kaiser499.png

#3697 Jurai  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:38 PM

ps4 or switch, my switch order is still in but I've heard ps4 orders are being canned

#3698 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6217 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:43 PM

Holy shit, super rare at 5000 copies? Are these "limited" game places even trying anymore? Is this name the best they could come up with, and then on top of it, offer 5000 copies of a game like this.

I don't see much hope for these guys long term, as they have no idea what "super rare" is, as it damn sure ain't 5000. The game has pretty solid reviews I guess for what it is, but I still don't see 5000 hammering down the door to get a copy, especially when there's 5000 to choose from.

"Listen y'all, if Chris of all people isn't complaining, then you know it's a non-issue." -tonyxvx

#3699 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3822 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:54 PM

ps4 or switch, my switch order is still in but I've heard ps4 orders are being canned

Playstation 4.

NnZPC5V.png

Kaiser499.png

#3700 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6894 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:12 PM

"Super Rare Games"  lmao

Awesome derivative company.  Did a 10-year-old come up with that name?

If I was LRG I would be so annoyed with all these derivatives.  They won't publicly say so, but I'd still be annoyed.  Any way you slice it, it's causing waning interest in these products.  In any case, it's probably good for us as consumers because now everyone has to step it up a notch.

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#3701 Jurai  

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:17 PM

Playstation 4.

bummer, someone else mentioned theirs getting cancelled too. I tweeted the devs but haven't seen a response and they don't seem to be super active short of tracking down a personal account or something

#3702 Chandler_Dong   Banned Banned   79 Posts   Joined 0.3 Years Ago  

Chandler_Dong

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:54 AM

"Super Rare Games" lmao

Awesome derivative company. Did a 10-year-old come up with that name?

If I was LRG I would be so annoyed with all these derivatives. They won't publicly say so, but I'd still be annoyed. Any way you slice it, it's causing waning interest in these products. In any case, it's probably good for us as consumers because now everyone has to step it up a notch.

LRG is just as guilty smashing this limited release idea into the ground; they are probably the greediest in the game.

#3703 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10902 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:57 AM

Bring on the competition. Maybe one of them will release a game I want. So far, only SLG has released something I would want besides LRG. 

#3704 Tothoro  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:07 AM

only have the switch version ordered, is it amazon exclusive in NA? don't seem to see it on any other retailers

I'm not sure. It's being handled by Merge Games (the Signature Edition people), so I wouldn't put it beyond them to make it exclusive to their store.

Not sure if mentioned yet but a UK company called Super Rare Games popped up with their first Switch limited game.  It's Human: Fall Flat with 5000 copies for  £24.99.  

I feel like market saturation is hitting critical mass, and these companies aren't particularly customer-friendly. Easy pass for me, but I feel bad for those trapped in the "must buy rare games" mindset; it's a vicious cycle.

Same here. No clue why.

xTOTHORO.png

COLStraightEdge.png

#3705 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6217 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:08 AM

LRG is just as guilty smashing this limited release idea into the ground; they are probably the greediest in the game.

You do know that the "limited" in LRG refers to each release being limited, and not the releases in general right? If they released 10 games a month, with the limits being in the few thousand range, each game is still very much "limited".

As far as that so called "greed" goes, they have been cancelling tons of games, so that guys like you are happy. Which IMO is just about the dumbest shit they ever did, as the ones with issues, will just trade one problem for another. The crying/bitching from that group will never end, so I honestly don't see the need in trying to stop it to begin with, but to each his own I suppose.

"Listen y'all, if Chris of all people isn't complaining, then you know it's a non-issue." -tonyxvx

#3706 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6894 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:02 AM

more shovelware prz

giphy.gif

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#3707 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6182 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:03 AM

hmmm maybe i should make a company called Extremely Rare Games. limited to 100 copies. mobile games ported to Vita. Vita collectors gonna buy no matter what price.

#3708 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5751 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:06 AM

Rare A$$ Games launching in 3 months!

BumslieOG.png

syepc.gif

#3709 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10902 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:06 AM

You do know that the "limited" in LRG refers to each release being limited, and not the releases in general right? If they released 10 games a month, with the limits being in the few thousand range, each game is still very much "limited".

As far as that so called "greed" goes, they have been cancelling tons of games, so that guys like you are happy. Which IMO is just about the dumbest shit they ever did, as the ones with issues, will just trade one problem for another. The crying/bitching from that group will never end, so I honestly don't see the need in trying to stop it to begin with, but to each his own I suppose.

theyll just complain bout y no preorders

#3710 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   425 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:18 AM

Cheapass Rare Games

Who wants a copy of Bubsy for PS4? Less than 500 sold I'm guessing. Get them before a rumor starts that they were buried in the desert.

#3711 jeff79   Banned Banned   48 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

jeff79

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:36 AM

Anyone know if we are getting a SONIC MANIA on switch? I heard rumors before.... but I haven't heard anything recently. 

#3712 Jurai  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:59 AM

Anyone know if we are getting a SONIC MANIA on switch? I heard rumors before.... but I haven't heard anything recently.

Haven't heard anything in awhile, was bummed when the collectors edition was just a download code

#3713 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6217 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:12 PM

Haven't heard anything in awhile, was bummed when the collectors edition was just a download code

Yeah, this was a perfect example of a company just having "no clue".

I completely understand not releasing a physical game for a franchise where you have no idea that fans will return to or not. After so many years of Sonic games that where mostly on the bottom end of garbage, that was probably the best way to go honestly.

But on the other hand, you release a CE with some cool items, but no physical game. This is another concept that I've heard explained over the years, but don't really follow. As the companies in question say it makes the bundle cheaper to offer no game, but no true collector is of that mind set. So it's still kinda of confusing as to why some of this stuff is done, as it defies any sound logic, but so is life I suppose.

#3714 spoderman  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:42 PM

Coming soon, Signature Shitty Shovelware!

50 copies per game, and get this.. not one.. not two.. but THREE alternate cover art for each game. We'll sell the least shitty cover art version at PAX and then put 10 copies up on our site for those that miss out.

We'll also include trading cards. You've got a 5% chance of not getting one that's poop stained. For our collectors editions all but 5 copies will come with ACTUAL poop. Don't worry though, we know you won't open it so you'll never have to see/smell the poop.

Spoiler

GUtUP1U.jpg

#3715 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6217 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:02 PM

Well, if nothing else, Super Rare Games has a HUGE pair(brass balls), as this seems a pipe dream at best.

#3716 spoderman  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:13 PM

Well, if nothing else, Super Rare Games has a HUGE pair(brass balls), as this seems a pipe dream at best.

I think that's just their way of a polite response, or to give people false hope so they keep checking future releases. They probably thought it was better than flat out saying "no" lol. If capcom wanted those games to have physical releases, they'd produce them themselves.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#3717 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6217 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:18 PM

I think that's just their way of a polite response, or to give people false hope so they keep checking future releases. They probably thought it was better than flat out saying "no" lol. If capcom wanted those games to have physical releases, they'd produce them themselves.

Yeah, I agree 100% with you on that. As saying there's no hope(which was the correct answer to give), would have pretty much shown how mickey mouse they are. But to say "we can see what we can do", leaves a glimmer of hope for those poor bastards out there who don't know any better. LOL

#3718 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3271 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:32 PM

So....copy LRGs model, then get butt-hurt when a pre-existing LRG ad gets search engine priority over your new company. Not impressed.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#3719 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3271 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:40 PM

https://www.gamesind...nintendo-switch

Herein lies another motivation behind the founding of Super Rare Games: the chance for Perkins and his collector friends to "fix some of the mistakes" they believe are made by the likes of Limited Run Games, Special Reserve Games et al.

"Our competitors are just trying to sign as much content as possible, whereas we're being much more picky, looking for the very best games that we've played, we've loved and we want to see [as part of this collection]," he says.

"We're trying to create the highest quality products available. Simple things like having pretty box art, having this gorgeous thing you can put on your shelf - I think that's something that's lacking from other competitors."

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#3720 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11220 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:43 PM

So....copy LRGs model, then get butt-hurt when a pre-existing LRG ad gets search engine priority over your new company. Not impressed.

So, Human: Fall Flat is supposed to be some awesome game then?  Right.  It looks worse than about 80% of LRG's offerings and will have a hard time selling 2000 copies, let alone 5000.  Glad its a European release so I am not obligated to buy this garbage.