* * * * - 8 votes

Indie/Limited/Obscure Physical Release Deals and Discussion Thread

#3721 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11150 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:48 PM

Speaking of Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, anyone know why Amazon appears to have two legitimate listings for it?

This is the first one, the one that came out a few months ago where the list price was $19.99.  Now there is just a 3rd party selling it for $29.99:

https://www.amazon.c... of brotherhood

Then there is this listing, which is listed as a preorder to launch 4/24.  Appears to be from the publisher Wired Productions and the list price is $29.99.  Since Amazon doesn't usually list imports as preorders I am assuming this is also a R1 ESRB-rated game:

https://www.amazon.c... of brotherhood

Regarding Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, I saw something interesting while browsing the Gamestop upcoming release calendar.  They don't have a PS4 listing coming out on 4/24, but they do have a Switch version listed as coming out then.  I'm wondering if the 2nd Amazon listing is showing PS4 in error, and should be Switch.  That would also explain the price hike to $29.99.  Guess we shall see.

#3722 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2278 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:56 PM

So, Human: Fall Flat is supposed to be some awesome game then?  Right.  It looks worse than about 80% of LRG's offerings and will have a hard time selling 2000 copies, let alone 5000.  Glad its a European release so I am not obligated to buy this garbage.

10000+ reviews and very positive on steam. It doesn't look like my kind of game either but c'mon dude. 

Smile Support Society. We play horror/retro games -  Games I'm Selling/Trading

#3723 spoderman  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:01 PM

10000+ reviews and very positive on steam. It doesn't look like my kind of game either but c'mon dude. 

Yeah it's a very popular game on Steam. A few of my friends have recommended it to me and claim it to be a fun multiplayer physics puzzler. I'm sure it won't appeal to everyone but it's not a terrible game to launch with. I think SRG's shitty attitude is turning everyone off lol

GUtUP1U.jpg

#3724 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6133 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:21 PM

Yeah, I thought it was a solid title to start with. If I was grabbing most decent NS games, it would be on my list, as it looks like a game I would like. Sadly, there is just to much already coming to the NS in physical form, so I'm already having to put on the brakes. The Vita still gets most of my buying dollars, so if physical there dries up soon, I'm happy to move over to NS collecting. But for now, it's gotta be one system at a time, and only must have titles across other systems.

Yeah it's a very popular game on Steam. A few of my friends have recommended it to me and claim it to be a fun multiplayer physics puzzler. I'm sure it won't appeal to everyone but it's not a terrible game to launch with. I think SRG's shitty attitude is turning everyone off lol

Yeah, after reading that article, "shitty" attitude seems the order of the day. SRG actually sounds like 90% of the "captains of industry" we have around here. As everyone else seems to be wrong, while SRG knows how to do it right.

At the moment I'll just wish them well, as more physical options is never a bad thing, but I would recommend a more humble attitude in the future. They have done jack shit so far, so until something actually ships, it might be better to take a more "learning" from others attitude. When shit goes wrong(and it will), no one is going to cut much slack when you have a "know it all" at the wheel.

"Listen y'all, if Chris of all people isn't complaining, then you know it's a non-issue." -tonyxvx

#3725 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2113 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

Holy shit, super rare at 5000 copies? Are these "limited" game places even trying anymore? Is this name the best they could come up with, and then on top of it, offer 5000 copies of a game like this.

I don't see much hope for these guys long term, as they have no idea what "super rare" is, as it damn sure ain't 5000. The game has pretty solid reviews I guess for what it is, but I still don't see 5000 hammering down the door to get a copy, especially when there's 5000 to choose from.

5000 in the retail market is super rare.   I think 5000 is the lowest print Switch game so far.  Retro City Rampage DX had a larger print than this.   It's possible 5000 is the minimum order with Nintendo and getting games with lower prints may just not happen.  We'll see as the market evolves.

Either way, I'm just watching from the sideline.  Thankfully there aren't too many indie games left that I legitimately want a physical copy.  I'm glad Wonderboy went regular retail for the switch.

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...

#3726 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6133 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:58 PM

5000 in the retail market is super rare.

I agree wholeheartedly, but this venture is not retail, it's a niche online offering. I also agree that 5000 may be the NS minimum order qty's, but that doesn't change the fact of how many games are being offered as super rare.

Super rare would be Mr. Boston Clean Sweep for the Vectrex, where I believe 5-8 copies are known to exist in the world. I would even say a game of a few thousand on a system that has sold over 100 million would also be super rare. A game of 5000 on a system with 12 million is far from rare, and saying it's "super" is pushing it. LOL

BTW, does anyone know what happened to the qty counter? As it was at 65% yesterday, and now it's gone. Seems a way to hide the facts of this endeavor as well. Another pause for me personally.

"Listen y'all, if Chris of all people isn't complaining, then you know it's a non-issue." -tonyxvx

#3727 Jurai  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:03 PM

I got the game free on a humble bundle or I might have at least considered it

#3728 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:30 PM

67-70% metacritic. But they are European so the exhange rate is 1.25 from US to Europe.

So really the reviews are 84-88%.

HIGHEST QUALITY INDEED

#3729 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6817 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:42 PM

Human: Fall Flat has a 90% overwhelmingly positive rating on Steam, which is very strong.  Then it has a 65-69% meta rating on PS4, Switch, and Xbox but with only six to eight reviews.   However the metacritic on PC is also showing 69% with 20 reviews.   That is a pretty large disparity that doesn't make any sense. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#3730 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3349 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:44 PM

So, Human: Fall Flat is supposed to be some awesome game then?  Right.  It looks worse than about 80% of LRG's offerings and will have a hard time selling 2000 copies, let alone 5000.  Glad its a European release so I am not obligated to buy this garbage.

It's not a bad game at all. I don't think it is anything special though, but I would say it is better than quite a few of LRGs releases especially some of the more recent ones. 

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Monster Hunter World, God of War, and Yakuza 6 |  :xb1: Nothing |   :switch: Fire Emblem Warriors and Wild Guns

Also Casually Playing: 

Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Dreamcast)

#3731 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3265 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:56 PM

67-70% metacritic. But they are European so the exhange rate is 1.25 from US to Europe.

So really the reviews are 84-88%.

HIGHEST QUALITY INDEED

They're actually British, so the exchange rate is 1.39 -> 93-97%. We're talking GOTY here!

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#3732 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2113 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:39 PM

Super rare would be Mr. Boston Clean Sweep for the Vectrex, where I believe 5-8 copies are known to exist in the world. I would even say a game of a few thousand on a system that has sold over 100 million would also be super rare. A game of 5000 on a system with 12 million is far from rare, and saying it's "super" is pushing it. LOL

BTW, does anyone know what happened to the qty counter? As it was at 65% yesterday, and now it's gone. Seems a way to hide the facts of this endeavor as well. Another pause for me personally.

Mr. Boston Clean Sweep would be considered Extremely Rare or even Ultra Rare.   It was also a promotional item and not a regular released game.  That's far beyond the typical rarity found.   With modern game companies minimum order requirements, I doubt we'll have any games that rare again outside of maybe the PC market where there's no control over the production size.

I noticed the counter disappeared too.  It was selling well last I looked, so it's possible they oversold the 5K and the code for it hit an error.  If I were more interested I'd dig through the coding on the site... but I'm not.

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...

#3733 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6817 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:42 PM

Keep an eye out for my company "Even Rarer Games"  coming Summer '18

we're going to sell random digital games you didn't even know you wanted. 

#3734 Jurai  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:53 PM

Job Simulator list 2/21

Fashion Crossing - North Attleboro, MA 02760 - PreOwned
Chelsea Commons - Chelsea, MA 02150 - PreOwned
Bangor Parkade - Bangor, ME 04401 - PreOwned
Sussex Plaza - Seaford, DE 19973 - PreOwned
The Commons MD - SALISBURY, MD 21801 - PreOwned
Jersey Garden Mll GS - Elizabeth, NJ 07201 - PreOwned
Hylan Plaza S/C - Staten Island, NY 10306 - PreOwned
Veirs Mill Road - Wheaton, MD 20902 - PreOwned
SWM Silver Moon - Lewisburg, PA 17837 - PreOwned
North Hills - RALEIGH, NC 27609 - PreOwned
The Commons - Martinsburg, WV 25403 - PreOwned
Mary Walter Plaza - PARKERSBURG, WV 26101 - PreOwned
Massillon Mrktplc - Massillon, OH 44646 - PreOwned
SWM Kroger State St. - Athens, OH 45701 - PreOwned
SWM Colby Station - Winchester, KY 40391 - PreOwned
Troy Towne Center - TROY, OH 45373 - PreOwned
WalMart Plz TN - Manchester, TN 37355 - PreOwned
Florence Center - FLORENCE, AL 35630 - PreOwned
Calumet Center - MUNSTER, IN 46321 - PreOwned
SWM Mt. Vernon - Mt. Vernon, IL 62864 - PreOwned
Elmwood Center - New Orleans, LA 70123 - PreOwned
Central Plaza S/C - Baton Rouge, LA 70818 - PreOwned
South Lake Centre - SOUTHAVEN, MS 38671 - PreOwned
Katy Mills - KATY, TX 77494 - PreOwned
Yukon SWM - Yukon, OK 73099 - PreOwned
Clovis Retail Center - Clovis, NM 88101 - PreOwned
Superstition Gateway - Mesa, AZ 85209 - PreOwned
Westland Fair - Las Vegas, NV 89102 - PreOwned
Banner Center - Spokane Valley, WA 99037 - PreOwned
Yuba City MrktPlc - Yuba City, CA 95993 - PreOwned

#3735 thorbahn3   Everyone talks too much! Super Moderators   4157 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:53 PM

Secret of Mana is back. https://www.gamestop...FSsIVTcovBm9bCg

#3736 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:55 PM

Keep an eye out for my company "Even Rarer Games"  coming Summer '18

we're going to sell random digital games you didn't even know you wanted. 

I'll be launching "Even Rarer-er Games" Fall of 2018. I feel we will be positioned to uniquely provide content that will expand the boundaries of what rarity is.

Too much real life, not enough time for video games

#3737 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6817 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:08 PM

I'll be launching "Even Rarer-er Games" Fall of 2018. I feel we will be positioned to uniquely provide content that will expand the boundaries of what rarity is.

Our games go through a rigorous selection process similar to a chicken economy. 

ScaredPerfectDikdik-size_restricted.gif

#3738 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   988 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:11 PM

Bailout!

My company will be called Secret of Mana and Job Simulator Games. You can buy Job Simulator and Secret of Mana on the website, thus limiting the amount of annoying posts about them because now everyone will be able to get a copy.

:ps4: Currently Playing : God of War 
:ps3: Currently Playing : Ratchet & Clank HD Remaster 

:vita: Currently Playing : Nothing!

:switch: Currently Playing : Nothing! 

:3ds: Currently Playing : Zelda II (Virtual Console)

:xb1: Currently Playing : Cuphead 

#3739 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:52 PM

Shitty time to be a UK/PEGI region collector. Most of these collector exploiting limited release hysteria machines popping up daily seem to be UK so far. LRG seems to have a monopoly on the NA ESRB limited release game. We only had Special Reserve pop up but they might as well be part of LRG so far. 

And we also have these dumb UK companies starting to go for exclusives on NA/ESRB releases (Rice.co and now Sig Ed Games, etc). Stick to your region jerkbags.  UK only company has no business hoarding ESRB/NA exclusives other than to be complete dicks.

#3740 SucceededMarker  

SucceededMarker

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:56 PM

Bailout!

My company will be called Secret of Mana and Job Simulator Games. You can buy Job Simulator and Secret of Mana on the website, thus limiting the amount of annoying posts about them because now everyone will be able to get a copy.

Will you have cover variants?

#3741 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3265 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:00 PM

Will you have cover variants?

Does "Generic Gamestop Used Case" count as a cover variant?

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#3742 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:06 PM

Does "Generic Gamestop Used Case" count as a cover variant?

The limited edition version will include a reversible cover with a throwback "Funcoland" logo. Each copy will include the name of the game written in sharpie pen by a Gamestop part-time employee making the federal minimum wage. 

joshTX.png

#3743 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6133 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:10 PM

The limited edition version will include a reversible cover with a throwback "Funcoland" logo. Each copy will include the name of the game written in sharpie pen by a Gamestop part-time employee making the federal minimum wage. 

And don't forget the titles will be spelled wrong as well. LOL

#3744 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3265 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:14 PM

If you can match this level of quality, I'm all in

6m5xq3dfclfz.jpg

#3745 ihadmail   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   974 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

I'd have to use a random number generator to determine when games shipped. Also only 35% of games would actually have a disc in the case. The rest would have a blank CD-R. 

"Risky Limited Games - You'll eventually get your shit*"

*Maybe

#3746 csbaker-az  

csbaker-az

Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:56 PM

I'm gonna start one, get a minimum print and get games officially on the Sony/Nintendo release database, then destroy all copies on arrival, and just screw up everybody's collections forever so we can stop this once and for all. Prioritizing new consoles the first week they come out before anyone has time to get invested.

It will pay for itself from all the lrg and metal jesus types and their followers generating traffic to my YouTube to leave nasty comments to my fire pit videos ruining collecting for everybody.

Scorched Earth mother fuckers.

#3747 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10783 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:50 PM

https://www.gamesind...nintendo-switch

Herein lies another motivation behind the founding of Super Rare Games: the chance for Perkins and his collector friends to "fix some of the mistakes" they believe are made by the likes of Limited Run Games, Special Reserve Games et al.

"Our competitors are just trying to sign as much content as possible, whereas we're being much more picky, looking for the very best games that we've played, we've loved and we want to see [as part of this collection]," he says.

"We're trying to create the highest quality products available. Simple things like having pretty box art, having this gorgeous thing you can put on your shelf - I think that's something that's lacking from other competitors."

Depends on what they fix.

Will they give me better games?

Will shipping be better? 

Will communication be better?

Will they have JPN games?

Or they all just indie titles ? 

:-k  :-k

I don't know why they would go with trading cards. ><

#3748 Dashey10  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:30 PM

I'm gonna start up a company called Bidding Rare Games in which I order a random amount and sell each game 1 at a time except it'll be a bidding war for each copy.

Get $15 credits from Tokyo Otaku Mode with you sign up with my referral link here

#3749 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30506 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:16 PM

So....copy LRGs model, then get butt-hurt when a pre-existing LRG ad gets search engine priority over your new company. Not impressed.

When did they get butthurt about it?

tylerh1701.png 
Check out my game reviews at Video Chums!

#3750 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10783 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:20 PM

When did they get butthurt about it?

this morning