* * * * - 8 votes

Indie/Limited/Obscure Physical Release Deals and Discussion Thread

#3781 podunk320   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

podunk320

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:52 PM

Well, in their defense, they did try pretty much from the start, and it took "N" this long to play ball.

not only that but you have to pay a premium to release games on the "N". This not only cuts profits but also deters buyers like us. We are used to buying LRG games between $25-35 and having a Switch release will most likely increase to $35-45 range 

#3782 doomgaze_86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   187 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

doomgaze_86

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:09 PM

Did anyone order the Secret of Mana PS4 physical copy from Video Games Plus? If so, did the ESRB logo contain both English and French text? They did confirm to me via Facebook that their copies are US region, but it seems that there are subtle differences between the Canadian, US and Latin American printings and I just wanted to make sure.

#3783 StudlyOmelet  

StudlyOmelet

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:27 PM

Mine is English/French on the back as well. I don't mind so long as it's got the ESRB logo, and even then I'm not sure why I care so long as it plays on my system in English.

Did anyone order the Secret of Mana PS4 physical copy from Video Games Plus? If so, did the ESRB logo contain both English and French text? They did confirm to me via Facebook that their copies are US region, but it seems that there are subtle differences between the Canadian, US and Latin American printings and I just wanted to make sure.

#3784 doomgaze_86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   187 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

doomgaze_86

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:37 PM

Yeah, no difference in terms of gameplay. It's just my collector OCD acting up I guess...

#3785 SucceededMarker   Banned Banned   125 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

SucceededMarker

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

Owlboy (Switch) up for preorder on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.c...i_t5dKAb01MSYMS

#3786 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6385 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:24 PM

Thanks, just placed an order, as this game looks amazing. 

#3787 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11377 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:26 PM

Thanks, just placed an order, as this game looks amazing. 

No Prime discount yet so be sure to change the shipping method in your order to get the Prime discount when they finally add it to the item.  Or reorder it I guess.  Also, glad to see Soedesco is not charging the $10 Switch tax like a lot of publishers have been doing.

#3788 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6385 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:30 PM

No Prime discount yet so be sure to change the shipping method in your order to get the Prime discount when they finally add it to the item.  Or reorder it I guess.  Also, glad to see Soedesco is not charging the $10 Switch tax like a lot of publishers have been doing.

Thanks for the heads up, as I normally always opt in to these releases when first offered. Amazon has a habit of pulling certain games before release, so I'll for sure check back later and adjust before release if necessary for the prime discount.

#3789 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11331 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:14 PM

Possible Switch version is price mistake.  PS4 version MSRP $29.99.  Switch version always $10 more, lol

#3790 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5822 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:18 PM

Possible Switch version is price mistake.  PS4 version MSRP $29.99.  Switch version always $10 more, lol

Nope.  Target.com is showing both the Switch and PS4 versions at $29.99.  

#3791 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6385 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:33 PM

Nope.  Target.com is showing both the Switch and PS4 versions at $29.99.  

It was a joke, not a serious comment, as most NS titles are $10 over other systems, hence the "lol".

#3792 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5822 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:01 PM

It was a joke, not a serious comment, as most NS titles are $10 over other systems, hence the "lol".

I don't think so.  From anyone else, possibly, but Masterkyo has difficulty with English and I'm pretty sure he was sincere in his belief that it was possibly a price mistake.  

#3793 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6385 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:18 PM

I don't think so.  From anyone else, possibly, but Masterkyo has difficulty with English and I'm pretty sure he was sincere in his belief that it was possibly a price mistake.  

Well in that case, my mistake. LOL

#3794 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5822 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:21 PM

So, Human: Fall Flat is supposed to be some awesome game then?  Right.  It looks worse than about 80% of LRG's offerings and will have a hard time selling 2000 copies, let alone 5000.  Glad its a European release so I am not obligated to buy this garbage.

According to the e-mail they just sent out, they are down to their last 100 copies.  I hope LRG is taking note if that's true because that's remarkable demand for a Switch release that had almost no hype or promo outside of word of mouth and a couple of articles on news websites.  

#3795 meatball2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   99 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

meatball2112

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:35 PM

According to the e-mail they just sent out, they are down to their last 100 copies.  I hope LRG is taking note if that's true because that's remarkable demand for a Switch release that had almost no hype or promo outside of word of mouth and a couple of articles on news websites.

It was a big fat LIE.

#3796 Jurai  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:36 PM

FWIW I watched some streamers play human fall flat together and it looks like a really fun time if you have a good group together

#3797 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1081 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:54 PM

Some user responded to that tweet on twitter saying that they still have 3788 left. And shortly after that a follow up tweet saying you can't even check the quantity anymore because the cart now limits you to 2. So I would take that 100 left claim with a grain of salt.

#3798 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2201 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:10 PM

Thanks for the link.  As soon as they throw the prime discount on it, I'm ordering.

#3799 Jurai  

Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:12 PM

Thanks for the link.  As soon as they throw the prime discount on it, I'm ordering.

if you order now it will auto re-adjust, you can also change your shipping method selection to get it to immediately apply it when it's live if you don't wanna wait for it to do it auto as i recall

#3800 thephoenix112   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

thephoenix112

Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:18 PM

Human Fall Flat, while it has it's moments where it's fun, is an awful game to try to push out on physical.  It's not hitting any of the niche markets that would care, you can get it for $5 on their sales, and it's just not the greatest game out there.  It's more frustrating than fun at times.  Just not a good game to push out as limited run.

#3801 meatball2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   99 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

meatball2112

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:20 PM

Human Fall Flat, while it has it's moments where it's fun, is an awful game to try to push out on physical.  It's not hitting any of the niche markets that would care, you can get it for $5 on their sales, and it's just not the greatest game out there.  It's more frustrating than fun at times.  Just not a good game to push out as limited run.

Probably very slim pickings for a start up company by some kid. Even the name "super rare games" reeks of taste. And now they are lying about stock levels to scare people into thinking these are very high in demand.
If this is how they are going to operate, I don't see them lasting.

#3802 adam81  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:26 AM

To be fair most of these limited releases are a hard sell at retail prices. Most Indie games(even good ones) aren't worth more than $5 digital.

#3803 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11091 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:30 AM

Bet they expected the Switch die hards to eat up Fall Flat.

#3804 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6385 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:35 PM

Strictly Limited's Guns, Gore & Cannoli for the PS4 will be up at 3pm PST later today. It's a limit of 2 per person, and limited to 1500 total copies. Good luck to those who are interested. https://store.strict...ore-cannoli-ps4

EDIT: There's also a second release time just like LRG, but I'm not sure of that time. But it's an option if the first batch goes to fast.

#3805 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6200 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:24 PM

Strictly Limited's Guns, Gore & Cannoli for the PS4 will be up at 3pm PST later today. It's a limit of 2 per person, and limited to 1500 total copies. Good luck to those who are interested. https://store.strict...ore-cannoli-ps4

EDIT: There's also a second release time just like LRG, but I'm not sure of that time. But it's an option if the first batch goes to fast.

looks really fun. its like the other gory side scrolling game with same art style, Shank

#3806 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6385 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:11 PM

looks really fun. its like the other gory side scrolling game with same art style, Shank

Damn, I forgot all about Shank, that game was awesome. I need to fire up my 360 and finish it, but I haven't touch my 360/PS3 in ages. My physical backlog alone gives me pause, but my digital library for that gen is insane, especially on PS3(those damn flash sales). LOL

#3807 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22425 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:59 PM

First time I bought from LRG in a long time since it was a game I actually wanted and I was able get myself in a room with a staff to discuss some work before "my laptop is acting up, give me a minute to see if I can fix this" to place the order for Oddworld. 

I sort of ran through the order process and I might be crazy but during the AM batch, was the limit for the CE 2 instead of 1? Always though they limited CEs to 1. 

#3808 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3331 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

Yeah. CE limit was 2 in the AM

#3809 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6385 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:16 PM

First time I bought from LRG in a long time since it was a game I actually wanted and I was able get myself in a room with a staff to discuss some work before "my laptop is acting up, give me a minute to see if I can fix this" to place the order for Oddworld. 

I sort of ran through the order process and I might be crazy but during the AM batch, was the limit for the CE 2 instead of 1? Always though they limited CEs to 1. 

Yeah, it was 2 and very rarely has it ever been 1, as that normally only happens if the shit storm is big enough before hand, and in this case, it most certainly was not. But it damn sure was after, so they are taking waiting list request now, so anyone who missed out, try that. They said almost everyone from their Night Trap list got one, so the odds are good for this if you sign up fast enough.

#3810 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11091 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:08 PM

They rarely set the CE to 1 before going live with the First Batch despite how obvious the game will sell out immediately. 

Always something with "site traffic"