* * * * * 7 votes

Indie/Limited/Obscure Physical Release Deals and Discussion Thread

#3811 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 07:51 PM

They rarely set the CE to 1 before going live with the First Batch despite how obvious the game will sell out immediately.

Always something with "site traffic"

"Greed is massively strong "

#3812 Jurai  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:17 PM

kinda second guessing my Munch's purchase now, I'll probably throw it up in the trade thread

#3813 NiiNJA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   386 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:02 PM

Strictly Limited's Guns, Gore & Cannoli for the PS4 will be up at 3pm PST later today. It's a limit of 2 per person, and limited to 1500 total copies. Good luck to those who are interested. https://store.strict...ore-cannoli-ps4

EDIT: There's also a second release time just like LRG, but I'm not sure of that time. But it's an option if the first batch goes to fast.

Haven't ordered from SLG before but I'll definitely pick this up.

#3814 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10668 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:25 PM

#3815 Jurai  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:26 PM

Has anyone heard from the darkest dungeon devs on the PS4 release

#3816 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3772 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:02 PM

Came to $38.84 for me.

NnZPC5V.png

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#3817 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5691 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:06 PM

Came to $38.84 for me.

First batch is sold out.

#3818 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   83 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:07 PM

Sold out in just under 4 minutes. Honestly knew nothing about this game until recently. Looks like a lot of fun. Looking forward to receiving it.

#3819 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   795 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:17 PM

Sold out in just under 4 minutes. Honestly knew nothing about this game until recently. Looks like a lot of fun. Looking forward to receiving it.

In for 10

#3820 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10668 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:53 PM

Second batch in the morning

#3821 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5993 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:42 PM

Second batch of Guns, Gore & Cannoli goes up at 9am PST(so about 20 minutes). Last chance so don't miss out. I could see this one going up over time.

https://store.strict...ore-cannoli-ps4

"Listen y'all, if Chris of all people isn't complaining, then you know it's a non-issue." -tonyxvx

#3822 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2354 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:59 PM

I'm kinda surprised no one's been discussing the LRG drama in regards to GG and C. Apparently they signed exclusive rights to the game like 2 years ago and the dev has breached contract by going to SLG. This is according to Doug himself over on the LRG forums.

joshTX.png

#3823 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6154 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:02 PM

picked up Guns Gore Cannoli. i did it so quick i forgot to use Paypal instead. i think my credit card charges foreign fees more than paypal.

#3824 ihadmail   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   899 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:05 PM

Second batch of Guns, Gore & Cannoli goes up at 9am PST(so about 20 minutes). Last chance so don't miss out. I could see this one going up over time.

https://store.strict...ore-cannoli-ps4

They still have 25% stock after 5 minutes. It'll be worthless. Just send your copies to me instead  :-  :beer:

#3825 Darshminder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Darshminder

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:21 PM

There are 121 copies of Guns, Gore & Cannoli left. One copy of 99 Vidas for PS4 is also available.

#3826 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5747 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:30 PM

I'm kinda surprised no one's been discussing the LRG drama in regards to GG and C. Apparently they signed exclusive rights to the game like 2 years ago and the dev has breached contract by going to SLG. This is according to Doug himself over on the LRG forums.

Wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the games they cancelled. So it's good it got released from Strictly Limited Games. I'd much prefer if the named their company Salty Limited Games.

BumslieOG.png

syepc.gif

#3827 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   131 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:31 PM

30min past 92 copy left Guns, Gore & Cannoli

#3828 Jurai  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:00 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the games they cancelled. So it's good it got released from Strictly Limited Games. I'd much prefer if the named their company Salty Limited Games.

Doug says that LRG had a standing contract to release the game exclusively worldwide, but the dev hadn't been communicating with them in a bit. It sounds like there is the potential that the SLG release is going to be blocked as LRG engaged their lawyer due to the breach of contract.

#3829 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   131 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:01 PM

1 hour past and 56 copys left of Guns, Gore & Cannoli

#3830 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5993 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:01 PM

Doug says that LRG had a standing contract to release the game exclusively worldwide, but the dev hadn't been communicating with them in a bit. It sounds like there is the potential that the SLG release is going to be blocked as LRG engaged their lawyer due to the breach of contract.

This would explain the "stealth" drop for this title, as Strictly Limited came out of left field with it. If there was any announcements before hand, I didn't see any.

As for LRG, I'm not sure how much they could do legally at this point, especially with Strictly Limited being overseas. I guess they could go after the developer here, but depending on what was in place, it may not be worth their time &  money. There are for sure two sides to every story, so I would like to here the developers side, and see what they say.

Maybe all this talk of cancelling already existing deals, may have sacred the developer off, in thinking they may be on the chopping block, no idea really. This could be a bi-product of what happens when you give behind the scenes info, with no details, it opens up speculations that may or may not be true.

I honestly don't think it's fair that LRG can cancel contracts because they changed their mind after the fact in regards to releasing smaller publishers games(that aren't as popular as others). There are companies who have been waiting awhile to get games released, only to hear recently, "sorry, your title doesn't fit with our new company model", better luck next time. Contractually, that may be legal but as far as being fair, not so much. Maybe someplace else decided to do it to LRG, before it was done to them.

Like I said, more details are needed, but I won't be shedding any tears for LRG, as they may be cancelling contracts by the rules in place, but that doesn't make it any better when someone else was expecting games to be published, only to hear, oh, sorry about that we changed our minds. It's not cool when it happens the other way around is it?

"Listen y'all, if Chris of all people isn't complaining, then you know it's a non-issue." -tonyxvx

#3831 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3398 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:20 PM

Darkest Dungeon PS4 up at Walmart: https://www.walmart....n-PS4/752533153

#3832 Jurai  

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:27 PM

Good to see it's not Amazon exclusive, wonder why they cancelled so many orders there tho

#3833 RatedIM   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   63 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:34 PM

I had no idea about the drama over Guns, Gore & Cannoli. That just made the game a bit more interesting for me. Glad I ordered my copy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#3834 Chandler_Dong   Banned Banned   79 Posts   Joined 0.2 Years Ago  

Chandler_Dong

Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:57 PM

I honestly don't think it's fair that LRG can cancel contracts because they changed their mind after the fact in regards to releasing smaller publishers games(that aren't as popular as others). There are companies who have been waiting awhile to get games released, only to hear recently, "sorry, your title doesn't fit with our new company model", better luck next time. Contractually, that may be legal but as far as being fair, not so much. Maybe someplace else decided to do it to LRG, before it was done to them.

Don't ever try to understand any LRG logic. They will always skew the situation to how they are right and you are wrong.

#3835 consumption   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

consumption

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:00 PM

If anyone got and extra copy of GG&C or 99Vitas I would be interested in trading for or buying them.

Thanks.

#3836 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5993 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 26 February 2018 - 03:40 PM

Don't ever try to understand any LRG logic. They will always skew the situation to how they are right and you are wrong.

It's all good, as I'm not looking to be right or wrong, I'm just making an observation based on the information I have at the moment. Not to long ago, Josh or Doug mention on social media how it was "hurting" that they where having to cancel some deals that where in place. As they are now taking a less is more attitude in regards to less releases with higher quality titles. I'm sure a developer that may have been sitting around for 12 months or more waiting for their LRG release to happen, only to be told it's no longer happening, isn't feeling that great about it.

As much as I defend LRG, I often play Devil's advocate as well, when I see some rather questionable things happening from them. I'm sure LRG is up front with their partners, and I'm also sure that any cancellations are done based on "outs" that are part of the deals they have in place. It still makes it no better for those on the receiving end who may have looked forward to their releases as a way to get exposure for their games(or extra revenue).

I don't know who was right or wrong in this situation, but I'm happy to see competition from others in the physical arena for this very reason. So at least now those who may not have an "it" title, can still get a physical option from others who aren't saying certain games aren't good enough. Maybe the developer in this case decided LRG wasn't the right fit for their product, and went elsewhere. They made a call they now have to deal with, if LRG was wronged, then the ball is in their court to take some form of action.

#3837 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2097 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:03 PM

Without seeing the original contract all we can do is speculate.   Speculation is fun.

Guns, Gore & Cannoli came out on PSN December 8th 2015.  LRG peeps have said before their contracts usually include a time limit between a game coming out and how much time they have to actually get the game to market.  That's why some games are put on the store for sale before they even get manufactured since they'd be in breach of contract.   Technically it seems like they'd be in breach selling games they haven't had manufactured yet, but that's another issue and one I'm sure devs don't care about as long as they get their profits within the time limit.   The contract is two years old, right?  Seems like a long time holding the game hostage.  I wonder if the reason the devs stop talking to LRG was because of this massive delay and then LRG wanting to change the contract due to the big ESRB issue?    I would think the ESRB deal would have voided a lot of contracts since there wouldn't be a way to retroactively force a company let alone a foreign company (the devs are in Belgium) to push for their games to get rated.   I'm sure the devs got something closer to the original LRG deal with SLG since they are in Germany and don't have the issue with getting games PEGI rated since they do not sell them in game stores like what LRG ended up doing (which helped cause the whole ESRB change).

Whatever happens, I hope the LRG people think before they start throwing money at international lawyers or they take it up the flag pole to Sony.  Sony is LRG's bread and butter and if they rock that boat and end up in the wrong, that's the end of publishing.  Sony doesn't need trouble from a company that's a drop in the bucket.  In fact, LRG could end up ruining the entire small publishing side of Sony for everyone.  So hopefully they don't do anything stupid just because one little game that they had no intent on rushing to publish went to another publisher.

But this is all just speculation.

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...

#3838 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6697 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:42 PM

Without seeing the original contract all we can do is speculate.   Speculation is fun.

beat me to it

but then you go on to speculate which confuses me ><

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#3839 Jurai  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:25 PM

Idk why y'all hating on lrg so much lately, Doug seems like a legit collector and fan, I don't get the impression he's just on here trying to Fuck everyone over while he scrooge mcducks into his money vault. If they had a contract with the dev then they had a contract, it doesn't fucking matter how long it took to come to market.

#3840 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4446 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:34 PM

I don't have much to say about the contract thing as we don't know what's going on. I will say, though, that at about $30 shipped for a game that is like $10 digital and goes on sale for less than $5, G, G, & C is a very, very shit value proposition for the physical copy. Is it neat that it exists? Yeah, totally, but it's an incredibly awful value given the pricing structure and history that already exists for the digital version.

My YouTube Channel (Not in active use)

https://www.youtube....HellDestroyer77

My Complete Game Collectionhttps://drive.google...cpj5oe8EOPSQ1JQ

My Twitter:https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Complete DVD/Blu Collectionhttp://www.blu-ray.c...id.php?u=102540