* * * * - 8 votes

Indie/Limited/Obscure Physical Release Deals and Discussion Thread

#4381 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   469 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:56 PM

Play-Asia released about 50 copies of Coma:Recut (PS4) and 100 copies of each version of One More Dungeon.

Ordered Coma and Ghost Blade HD with their BOGO 50% off promotion and the discount was on the more expensive item. That and MYPSVITA brought the total down to $37 with free shipping. Nice.

#4382 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6905 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:01 PM

Yep, I just picked up Coma and One More Dungeon Limited Editions from Play-Asia.  I haven't ordered from them in a couple years, but both those games look cool and I figured I would give these LEs a try.  $45 total with free shipping due to being Eastasiasoft exclusives.  They work with the B1G1 50% off. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#4383 NiiNJA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   399 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:49 PM

lol SRG is down again

#4384 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4510 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:54 PM

This is ridiculous. I have had nothing but shit experiences with SRG, but I would never wish this on them.

My YouTube Channel (Not in active use)

https://www.youtube....HellDestroyer77

My Complete Game Collectionhttps://drive.google...cpj5oe8EOPSQ1JQ

My Twitter:https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Complete DVD/Blu Collectionhttp://www.blu-ray.c...id.php?u=102540

#4385 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:00 PM

Ruiner ruined: the sequel

#4386 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2517 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

Lol in the time they have tried to fix this shit, they could have had LRG do the sale for them and this would be OVER already.  Fucking ridiculous.

#4387 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4510 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:06 PM

I don't want to sit here playing the F5 game again. I have shit to do! lol

My YouTube Channel (Not in active use)

https://www.youtube....HellDestroyer77

My Complete Game Collectionhttps://drive.google...cpj5oe8EOPSQ1JQ

My Twitter:https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Complete DVD/Blu Collectionhttp://www.blu-ray.c...id.php?u=102540

#4388 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   423 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:10 PM

Lol in the time they have tried to fix this shit, they could have had LRG do the sale for them and this would be OVER already.  Fucking ridiculous.

That's not really a solution.  I mean, they still have the rest of the Devolver Digital catalog to sell through, so SRG needs to figure out how to defend themselves regardless unless you expect them to just give up on their store altogether.  I really hope they do make it out of these attacks in one piece, if only to fulfill my selfish desire for a physical Hotline Miami 2.

Odesza - A Moment Apart - MP3 album - $1

:pc: Shadow Warrior 2 - $5 ///  :pc: Shadow Warrior 1 - $1

:pc: Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition - $1 /// Stories: Path of Destinies - $1

:pc: Jotun - $1 /// Nuclear Throne - $1 /// Rogue Legacy $1 /// Thomas Was Alone - $1

:pc: Chariot - $1 /// Awesomenauts - $1 /// Punch Club - $1

...........Check my sell list! https://www.cheapass.../#entry12310450

#4389 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2517 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:11 PM

That's not really a solution.  I mean, they still have the rest of the Devolver Digital catalog to sell through, so SRG needs to figure out how to defend themselves regardless unless you expect them to just give up on their store.  I really hope they do make it out of these attacks in one piece, if only to fulfill my selfish desire for a physical Hotline Miami 2.

I bought 2/3 of their past releases with no issues.  Given the HIGH demand for this title and the constant bot attacks, either make this an open pre-order title OR figure out some shit since it has failed 2 times now.  This is ridiculous.

#4390 EvraiTerrule  

EvraiTerrule

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:13 PM

It's just disappointing to think that someone is do petty as to continue doing this. SRG is by no means perfect but this is simply childish behavior. All I can imagine is it's some disgruntled fan.

#4391 Kaijuboy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   152 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Kaijuboy

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:22 PM

Just put it up for normal order / pre-order. Enough of these stupid “timed events”, ESPECILKY if you can’t get them to work right.
Saving the World, One Game at a Time!

#4392 darksurtur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   443 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:25 PM

Is anyone else getting intermittent 502 errors here on CAG?

#4393 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:26 PM

I haven't been at all. 

MidoriMonkey.png

#4394 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5137 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:33 PM

Don't think this has been mentioned yet... Strictly Limited Games next title is Knights of Pen and Paper.
Seems like a fairly repetitive and shallow RPG that started on tablets. It does have a novel concept, as your playing an RPG of people playing a tabletop DND style RPG. It seems rife with pop culture references, too. I saw some enemies that resembled the ninja turtles and friggin Missingno is taken straight out of gen 1 Pokemon.

I got super excited for this one when I got the email. I played through the entire game on my phone and loved every minute of it. I could give a full blown review of it (since I used to write reviews) but I’ll just say that it definitely mimics the essence of a table top rpg being played with friends well. I was charmed by the game and will absolutely be buying it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4395 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   423 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:42 PM

I got super excited for this one when I got the email. I played through the entire game on my phone and loved every minute of it. I could give a full blown review of it (since I used to write reviews) but I’ll just say that it definitely mimics the essence of a table top rpg being played with friends well. I was charmed by the game and will absolutely be buying it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How grindy is it?  The mobile origin concerns me in terms of game design pushing microtransactions.

Odesza - A Moment Apart - MP3 album - $1

:pc: Shadow Warrior 2 - $5 ///  :pc: Shadow Warrior 1 - $1

:pc: Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition - $1 /// Stories: Path of Destinies - $1

:pc: Jotun - $1 /// Nuclear Throne - $1 /// Rogue Legacy $1 /// Thomas Was Alone - $1

:pc: Chariot - $1 /// Awesomenauts - $1 /// Punch Club - $1

...........Check my sell list! https://www.cheapass.../#entry12310450

#4396 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30528 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:18 PM

Bought One More Dungeon from PlayAsia and threw Vesta in there for half price. Hoping Cursed Castilla gets stocked one last time and I'm around to grab it.

tylerh1701.png 
Check out my game reviews at Video Chums!

#4397 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6905 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:33 PM

Song of the day, for me anyways. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#4398 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2517 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:45 PM

Song of the day, for me anyways. 

Trent is a God

#4399 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   703 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:51 PM

I've been seeing them since last night, but it's gotten better since.

qnwz8j.jpg

:ps4: Prey/Dragon's Dogma   ::   :vita: Monster Monpiece/Muramasa ::   :3ds: n/a

#4400 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3825 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:16 PM

I guess we can expect Ruiner to NOT go up today.

/Ruined

NnZPC5V.png

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#4401 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22386 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:25 PM

I'm not an expert on websites/servers/hosting/whatnot but don't most servers have some type of safeguards against bot activity? 

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Horizon Frozen Wilds - :)

:3ds: Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology - :)

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4402 falsedichotomies  

falsedichotomies

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:34 PM

It's just disappointing to think that someone is do petty as to continue doing this. SRG is by no means perfect but this is simply childish behavior. All I can imagine is it's some disgruntled fan.

The cynic in me thinks scalpers are behind the attacks on SRG. The LRG variant sold out in less than a minute, which is fast for them even given the small print run. And it's already been shown people can get around those LRG limits pretty easy if they want, plus, the LRG variants of SR games have a track record of commanding some pretty big money, so might as well take down the cheaper alternative for as long as possible.

I mean, people want hundreds for them on eBay right now and they have em in hand too. AND people are paying smh.

#4403 Tothoro  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:39 PM

I'm not an expert on websites/servers/hosting/whatnot but don't most servers have some type of safeguards against bot activity? 

Modern DDoS attacks are immensely powerful and difficult to deter because of the Internet of Things. Most hosting platforms provide some level of security against these attacks, but generally you get what you pay for.

xTOTHORO.png

COLStraightEdge.png

#4404 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2258 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:13 PM

I don't understand why someone is picking on SRG.  It's not like they are a big threat to the limited game market and what is really being accomplished by bringing them down each time they try to release a game?  Somebody really needs to get a life..

#4405 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10912 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:37 PM

I don't understand why someone is picking on SRG.  It's not like they are a big threat to the limited game market and what is really being accomplished by bringing them down each time they try to release a game?  Somebody really needs to get a life..

They probably got tired of Sarge's constant dog remarks.

#4406 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   703 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:33 PM

They probably got tired of Sarge's constant dog remarks.

I for one welcome our new feline overlords.

Going off what I know about their first release, someone definitely felt wronged by them. Otherwise no reason to target them over everyone else.

Or maybe best marketing strategy to date by a limited publisher.

qnwz8j.jpg

:ps4: Prey/Dragon's Dogma   ::   :vita: Monster Monpiece/Muramasa ::   :3ds: n/a

#4407 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3825 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:16 AM

Looks like because of the constant attacks on SRG website that they've partnered with Limited Run to sell the copies of Ruiner.

NnZPC5V.png

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#4408 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3448 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:14 AM

Looks like because of the constant attacks on SRG website that they've partnered with Limited Run to sell the copies of Ruiner.

I know these two companies have a healthy relationship and partnership, but it is still extremely cool of LRG to come to the aid of SRG. It's incredibly fucked up of whoever is trying to impede these guys' sales.

#4409 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6221 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:21 AM

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but Play-Asia is offering a LE bundle for Bullet Girls Phantasia(PS4/Vita). It's kind of on the high side, but cool enough I guess. All I would want is the art book, and I'm really starting to not even bother with those, but there is a standard edition offered as well. Even though this is a LE, no set numbers are applied, as they are printing to order(plus some extra I'll assume). So no telling how long these may or may not last, but I don't think they'll disappear anytime soon.

https://www.play-asi..._eid=d717133e21

"Listen y'all, if Chris of all people isn't complaining, then you know it's a non-issue." -tonyxvx

#4410 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:06 PM

RUINER
TOMORROW:
May 24th at 12 noon CDT

**at a completely new online store**

We're extremely pleased to report that our friends (and heroes) at Limited Run Games have stepped up to partner with us to sell and release the Special Reserve version of Ruiner on PS4.

IF YOU CANNOT MAKE TOMORROW don't worry, it won't be your last chance.

We will hold back some of the stock and later announce a second on-sale date (to be determined) to give time for this change to reach fans around the world.

https://mailchi.mp/s...ve-release-plan