* * * * - 9 votes

Indie/Limited/Obscure Physical Release Deals and Discussion Thread

#6151 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12694 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2019 - 04:57 AM

Teslagrad (Switch) preorder is up on Amazon and only $19:99:

https://www.amazon.c...deogames&sr=1-1

The weird thing is the link references Ziggurat for PS4, which is a $20 game, but the description and release date all point to the Switch version of Teslagrad.

#6152 Tothoro  

Posted 20 September 2019 - 01:58 PM

https://twitter.com/...041586406789120

Update regarding Aggelos and Songbird Symphony. No NA/ESRB versions, unfortunately.

#6153 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   477 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2019 - 02:03 PM

Teslagrad (Switch) preorder is up on Amazon and only $19:99:

https://www.amazon.c...deogames&sr=1-1

The weird thing is the link references Ziggurat for PS4, which is a $20 game, but the description and release date all point to the Switch version of Teslagrad.

!! Teslagrad was $29.99 at LRG.

#6154 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   548 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2019 - 02:07 PM

!! Teslagrad was $29.99 at LRG.

the one on LRG was a collectors edition this one on amazon is just the game

#6155 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12694 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2019 - 02:08 PM

Update regarding Aggelos and Songbird Symphony. No NA/ESRB versions, unfortunately.

Uggh, that sucks.  I guess on the bright side that is two less games that I will be buying!

#6156 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12694 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2019 - 02:09 PM

the one on LRG was a collectors edition this one on amazon is just the game

LRG sold the game only for $29.99 and the CE bundle for something like $54.99.

#6157 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   548 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2019 - 02:20 PM

LRG sold the game only for $29.99 and the CE bundle for something like $54.99.

oh yah sorry my bad 

#6158 Darshminder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Darshminder

Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:33 PM

I just received my PS4 and Switch copies of Minit from Special Reserve Games... shipped in a bubble mailer. Wtf... They obviously arrived damaged, so I'll have to contact them. My copies of Messenger came recently in the normal SRG box, and arrived pristine. Did anyone else get their copies of Minit shipped in a bubble mailer!?!?

#6159 Equippt  

Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:09 PM

I just received my PS4 and Switch copies of Minit from Special Reserve Games... shipped in a bubble mailer. Wtf... They obviously arrived damaged, so I'll have to contact them. My copies of Messenger came recently in the normal SRG box, and arrived pristine. Did anyone else get their copies of Minit shipped in a bubble mailer!?!?

Mine came in the same box that the Messenger was shipped in. That is beyond dumb to me. They clearly put effort into making their products look nice, why piss it all away by shipping them in a bubble mailer? Did they charge you any extra to ship two items?

#6160 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   548 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:41 PM

SHAKEDOWN: HAWAII's Nintendo Switch physical edition arrives on Wednesday, September 25th! at 10am Pacific, 1pm Eastern, 6pm UK time.

The Standard Edition is $29.99 USD. The Collector's Edition is $44.99 USD

https://vblank-enter....myshopify.com/

The Collector's Edition is limited to 4,000 copies and comes in a special collector's box. It includes an exclusive mini figure of The CEO character with a removable stand, a color manual, and of course... a cartridge! It's region free and supports all Nintendo Switch systems, worldwide.

#6161 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6326 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:21 PM

SHAKEDOWN: HAWAII's Nintendo Switch physical edition arrives on Wednesday, September 25th! at 10am Pacific, 1pm Eastern, 6pm UK time.

The Standard Edition is $29.99 USD. The Collector's Edition is $44.99 USD

https://vblank-enter....myshopify.com/

The Collector's Edition is limited to 4,000 copies and comes in a special collector's box. It includes an exclusive mini figure of The CEO character with a removable stand, a color manual, and of course... a cartridge! It's region free and supports all Nintendo Switch systems, worldwide.

Guess he's got to find some way to get rid of all those tiny poor quality figures.  

#6162 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6317 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2019 - 01:20 AM

damn 15 bucks more for a crappy figure and a manual? not worth it.

#6163 Darshminder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Darshminder

Posted 21 September 2019 - 01:33 AM

Mine came in the same box that the Messenger was shipped in. That is beyond dumb to me. They clearly put effort into making their products look nice, why piss it all away by shipping them in a bubble mailer? Did they charge you any extra to ship two items?

No, they didn't. It's pretty weird for sure... I already contacted them about it, and I'm waiting to hear back.

#6164 kurtori   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:25 AM

No, they didn't. It's pretty weird for sure... I already contacted them about it, and I'm waiting to hear back.

The same thing happened to me. I contacted them yesterday for replacement cardboard boxes and got this response today:

“Really sorry to hear this. I will be able to get you new boxes in the near future, but we are currently dealing with a high volume of requests right now, so please bear with us”

#6165 Darshminder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Darshminder

Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:29 AM

The same thing happened to me. I contacted them yesterday for replacement cardboard boxes and got this response today:

“Really sorry to hear this. I will be able to get you new boxes in the near future, but we are currently dealing with a high volume of requests right now, so please bear with us”

Wow. I wonder why they are getting a high volume of requests...

#6166 Tothoro  

Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:36 AM

Wow. I wonder why they are getting a high volume of requests...

1. Damaged items (it happens, shipping services aren't kind and apparently they used bubble mailers)
  2. Incorrect items (some people got their games for the wrong platform)
  3. Misdelivered items (shipping address changes didn't take in their system)

Those are the issues I know of, at least. After having to delay Minit and Messenger so long, I'm guessing they wanted to get everything out as quickly as possible and it backfired on them.

#6167 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12694 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:24 AM

I also got my games today and they were also kind of thrown into a large bubble mailer.  Luckily (and surprisingly)  they arrived in good condition with only one of the game boxes showing a slight crease.  Not enough for me to contact them about.

Anyway, I noticed the return address said "SRG Returns" so I have to wonder if these were games that were originally sent to wrong addresses and returned and re-packaged (and since they were out of their custom shipping boxes they went in bubble mailers).  Just a theory of course, but it is very odd that SRG packaged them in bubble mailers, considering the high quality of the game boxes and the hard work that went into creating them.

#6168 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12694 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:38 AM

Riot: Civil Unrest (Switch version) is down to $9.97 at Amazon.  I think they may be price matching Gamestop.

https://www.amazon.c...deogames&sr=1-2

#6169 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   548 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2019 - 04:29 PM

both my orders minit and messenger from SRG both of them came in a box my copy of minit from LRG came in a bubble mailer 

#6170 Madzane  

Posted 21 September 2019 - 08:21 PM

I got the bubble mailer but by some miracle it was fine. I REALLY like the Special Reserve packaging, Nice touch to have the dev names on the spine.

#6171 ManchildofPV   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   206 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

ManchildofPV

Posted 22 September 2019 - 06:50 AM

Riot: Civil Unrest (Switch version) is down to $9.97 at Amazon. I think they may be price matching Gamestop.

https://www.amazon.c...deogames&sr=1-2

Gamestop does not price match but best buy does.

*sorry keyboard was acting up

#6172 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11826 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2019 - 07:13 AM

Select Gamestops have started to pm other stores

#6173 dancognito   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

dancognito

Posted 22 September 2019 - 07:43 PM

Looks like Aggelos is NOT getting a NA release, they confirmed. Best bet is the region free European one - I purchased mine off Playasia and paid $7 for shipping. It’s all pending availability so hopefully it ships ok

#6174 podunk320   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   307 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

podunk320

Posted 22 September 2019 - 07:57 PM

Looks like Aggelos is NOT getting a NA release, they confirmed. Best bet is the region free European one - I purchased mine off Playasia and paid $7 for shipping. It’s all pending availability so hopefully it ships ok

Where did you read this? I have been waiting news to see if the game will be getting a NA release

#6175 Tothoro  

Posted 22 September 2019 - 08:12 PM

Where did you read this? I have been waiting news to see if the game will be getting a NA release

PQube confirmed it on Twitter last week, I posted in here when it happened:

#6176 podunk320   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   307 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

podunk320

Posted 22 September 2019 - 08:19 PM

PQube confirmed it on Twitter last week, I posted in here when it happened:

Thanks! I guess im ordering at playasia now

#6177 Tothoro  

Posted 22 September 2019 - 08:23 PM

Thanks! I guess im ordering at playasia now

VGPlus also has them, might be cheaper depending on where you are: https://www.videogamesplus.ca/

Came out to ~$20 each in USD. Just make sure to use PayPal when paying, people have been saying for a while their native checkout has vulnerabilities.

#6178 Fades   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   383 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2019 - 03:59 PM

VGPlus also has them, might be cheaper depending on where you are: https://www.videogamesplus.ca/

Came out to ~$20 each in USD. Just make sure to use PayPal when paying, people have been saying for a while their native checkout has vulnerabilities.

Just placed an order for both came out to $60.

Thanks!

#6179 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:40 PM

Has anybody used them before and know if they ship in boxes?  

#6180 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2346 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:59 PM

Note sure if this is considered "obscure" or not but PA announced a Switch version of FF7/FF8 remastered. Says both games are on the cart and no download is needed. Pretty sure FFVIII Remastered is digital only in the US so this might be the only way to get a physical copy for the english version.