* * * * - 9 votes

Indie/Limited/Obscure Physical Release Deals and Discussion Thread

#7441 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 06 May 2022 - 12:16 AM

Just remember this when you buy something on eBay.

Sealed Pokemon games? A buddy of mine has a storage unit with hundreds not 1,10,100 but hundreds.

Klonoa 2 on GBA sealed I bought off him for $50 opened it and played it then sold for $500. Which you can see on price chart.

I can't really name a rare game besides something like poop slinger. People think Chrono trigger but I've seen hundreds, earthbound? Same buddy has 30 that he bought at $6.99
Castlevania OoE? Bought 17 copies at $4.99 at Kmart when they were tossing games in like 2009ish.

My point is after joking there's almost no such thing as a rare game just artificial copies that we can flood a market at anytime.

#7442 portnoyd   Amiiboversary! CAGiversary!   861 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

portnoyd

Posted 06 May 2022 - 03:11 AM

My point is after joking there's almost no such thing as a rare game just artificial copies that we can flood a market at anytime.

The most recent genuinely rare game is NBA Elite 11 and it's the only game that qualifies from the Blu-ray era of games. The only other game might be Saint Seiya Brave Soldiers ESRB version for PS3 but that could end up being a warehouse find like you said. There are only about 50-60 genuinely rare games (out of something like 20,000) and a good portion are for the Atari 2600.

It's foolish to overspend on any games for a console until all new old stock trickles out. A good example is the Barbie game for 3ds. Idiots are paying comical prices for it and you know for sure there is a pallette of them out there waiting to flood the market. But said idiots will cry "rare" not understanding how any of this works. The divide between collector knowledge and knowledge of how game manufacturing works is gigantic.

Poopslinger (as is all over collector targeted games) is hard to justify as actually rare, since copies are available any day of the week, just for insane prices. Anyone paying over MSRP for a limited title is a sucker.

#7443 falsedichotomies  

falsedichotomies

Posted 07 May 2022 - 01:02 PM

There's a reason why people are paying premium prices for Pokemon and Castlevania games. They actually want them! Imagine that. It's called demand and it's really all that matters. I could take a shit in a game case and it's technically one of a kind but no one is paying. If you want Earthbound in your collection, though, like most people do, then you have to pony up. I know I'd personally rather have all the Pokemon games than all the Latin America only ESRB variant anime PS3 games, even though the latter set is more "rare."

#7444 portnoyd   Amiiboversary! CAGiversary!   861 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

portnoyd

Posted 08 May 2022 - 03:14 AM

There's a reason why people are paying premium prices for Pokemon and Castlevania games. They actually want them! Imagine that. It's called demand and it's really all that matters. I could take a shit in a game case and it's technically one of a kind but no one is paying. If you want Earthbound in your collection, though, like most people do, then you have to pony up. I know I'd personally rather have all the Pokemon games than all the Latin America only ESRB variant anime PS3 games, even though the latter set is more "rare."

Bingo. People especially on reddit speculate like they stand a chance in hell of getting ahead of the curve getting a game before it is expensive but it's just wheel spinning.

Rarity doesn't matter. Rare is a dead term without production run data and no one will ever get that. Price does matter, and as you said, that's fueled by demand.

The vast majority of limited print games that are worth above MSRP are actually good games.

The funny thing is... Poopslinger is pretty close to taking a shit in a case. The idiots paying $3k for it are really stupid.

#7445 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 08 May 2022 - 05:40 AM

And the funny thing about poop slinger is we also don't know how many were made. It's interesting how Japanese games are almost worthless but NA games are shooting through the roof.

I'm collecting a full Japanese n64 set and for Mario story/paper Mario I paid $8 vs $80.

#7446 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10582 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2022 - 12:41 AM

Got these in today, forgot all about it.

BFB1B6BD-0290-4D0C-BC82-4793B098E018.jpeg

#7447 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24693 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2022 - 05:12 AM

The funny thing is... Poopslinger is pretty close to taking a shit in a case. The idiots paying $3k for it are really stupid.

I would genuinely love to know who's spending that much money on a game- is it someone who's super rich/bored with having too much money? Or is it like someone who's spending their savings hoping it pays off? 

#7448 falsedichotomies  

falsedichotomies

Posted 22 June 2022 - 10:56 AM

I want a Poop Slinger for the novelty of it. I see it as kind of an art piece shitting on the limited print market and fomo collectors if anything.

That said, I'm not a fan of Limited Rare or how they conduct themselves. The joke is maybe compelling for a few days, but letting it go on for years while people pay obscene money just feels wrong. Their point has long been proven. Trolling collectors in an already aggressive sellers market is not cute to me. It feels more like bullying at this point. Plus their twitter has become quasi-racist with all the intentional broken English. Wish someone would expose these people so we could publicly shame them into releasing the 900+ copies of Poop Slinger they're sitting on as a joke. I also really hope it's not Josh and Doug because I already have a low opinion of them.

Luckily, it seems like everyone and their mother bought two copies of Demon Pit to sell, ebay is already getting flooded, so the joke has basically run its course. 

#7449 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1526 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2022 - 02:32 PM

Resolved, thanks!

#7450 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1807 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 June 2022 - 10:31 PM

#7451 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2983 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2022 - 05:19 AM

Anyone know the SKU at Walmart for the ESRB physical copy of Unravel Two for Swtich?

(They have digital and a third party seller that sells PEGI version)

#7452 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13631 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2022 - 04:21 AM

Anyone know the SKU at Walmart for the ESRB physical copy of Unravel Two for Swtich?

(They have digital and a third party seller that sells PEGI version)

This might be the SKU?  Not sure, I got it from Brickseek:

I've only ever seen the physical version for sale on Best Buy's website, though maybe it will hit other stores too eventually.

Best Buy link (currently in stock for shipping):

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6510244