* * * * * 7 votes

Smaller/Obscure/Limited Physical Release Deals and Discussion Thread - (Starting cataloging again, need input - see post #3513.)

#3331 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:05 AM

Lol at talking about amazon being on time and best buy not. I haven't had an amazon order show up on the scheduled date in months.

Too much real life, not enough time for video games

#3332 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   980 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:12 AM

Lol at talking about amazon being on time and best buy not. I haven't had an amazon order show up on the scheduled date in months.

I can’t speak for other people’s experiences; only mine.

For me, that’s how Best Buy has been. I actually can’t recall the last thing that has arrived on time.

:ps4: Currently Playing : Shadow of the Colossus 
:ps3: Currently Playing : Ratchet & Clank HD Remaster 

:vita: Currently Playing : Nothing!

:switch: Currently Playing : Nothing! 

:3ds: Currently Playing : Zelda II (Virtual Console)

:xb1: Currently Playing : Cuphead 

#3333 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10405 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:12 AM

Thanks to Amazon, I still have my $40 preorder of Kingdom Hearts 3. :lol:

#3334 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:39 AM

I can’t speak for other people’s experiences; only mine.

For me, that’s how Best Buy has been. I actually can’t recall the last thing that has arrived on time.

You are paying $120 a year for Amazon and aren't paying anything for Best Buy shipping. Unless you are elite plus I don't know why you would think you would get 2 day delivery?. It's okay if you aren't happy but trying to draw a parallel between a service you pay for and one you don't...just doesn't hold water. If you want guaranteed release date then do in store pickup? I don't know what you are expecting otherwise. Amazon has been getting bad about taking pre-orders for games and movies then not having sufficient stock to fill those orders. Every service has it's issues.

Too much real life, not enough time for video games

#3335 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   980 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:39 AM

You’re still not understanding, but forget it. I don’t even want to argue.

:ps4: Currently Playing : Shadow of the Colossus 
:ps3: Currently Playing : Ratchet & Clank HD Remaster 

:vita: Currently Playing : Nothing!

:switch: Currently Playing : Nothing! 

:3ds: Currently Playing : Zelda II (Virtual Console)

:xb1: Currently Playing : Cuphead 

#3336 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2304 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:46 PM

Looks like

:ps4: Cat Quest

:ps4: Giana Sisters: Director's Cut

:ps4: N.E.R.O

are OOP now.

I have Giana on the Wii U and really have no interest in the other two, luckily. I saw some guy trying to push a copy of NERO on Facebook the other day for some ridiculous price, but no one was biting. 

joshTX.png

#3337 Tothoro  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:48 PM

Looks like

:ps4: Cat Quest

:ps4: Giana Sisters: Director's Cut

:ps4: N.E.R.O

are OOP now.

Cat Quest is still fairly new, so it might get a reprint. The devs said they were looking into a second run on Twitter a few weeks back.

COLStraightEdge.png xTOTHORO.png

#3338 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2202 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:26 PM

Strictly Limited sent out an update saying they had a production issue with the numbered stickers for Gryphon Knight Epic affecting less than 4% of copies.  They will be boxing up and shipping out the games next week.  I appreciate that they took the time to write up an update and didn't leave everyone hanging.  As long as I receive my game I will continue to be a customer.  I understand issues happen and am just glad they took the time to contact everyone.  So far their customer service seems promising.  

#3339 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5649 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

Strictly Limited sent out an update saying they had a production issue with the numbered stickers for Gryphon Knight Epic affecting less than 4% of copies.  They will be boxing up and shipping out the games next week.  I appreciate that they took the time to write up an update and didn't leave everyone hanging.  As long as I receive my game I will continue to be a customer.  I understand issues happen and am just glad they took the time to contact everyone.  So far their customer service seems promising.  

That's good to hear, as I'm looking forward to their future Vita release(if and when any happen). So long as I'm not a seeing any complaints along the Special Reserve lines, I should be good. LOL

#3340 zlatour   Banned Banned   1785 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:51 PM

Bleed and Bleed 2 are up at Play-Asia.

Don't forget to use coupon code, MYPSVITA, for $3 off of your order.

https://www.play-asi...bleedcollection

#3341 redraid8   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:04 PM

Cat Quest is back on Amazon for $19.99. It was sold out since it launched and got a little pricey.

#3342 MetalSlugger   :P CAGiversary!   2733 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

MetalSlugger

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:59 PM

Physical PS4 release of Wuppo: Special Edition is GameStop exclusive (they paid Sodesco for it). Starting to get HTF, comes with a physical OST.

https://m.gamestop.c...es/wuppo/151943

Website doesn't say GS exclusive but the price stickers in-store do and Sodesco confirmed it.

#3343 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   2298 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:12 PM

Do you know if the Switch version is going to get a standard physical release?  As long as one of them gets a standard physical release I won't have to lay a stupid amount of money down on that overpriced CE.

Switch is the ONLY standard release for this title from what I have read.

#3344 falsedichotomies  

falsedichotomies

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

NERO worth picking up before it gets hard to find?

#3345 Modus Pwnens   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Modus Pwnens

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:02 PM

Physical PS4 release of Wuppo: Special Edition is GameStop exclusive (they paid Sodesco for it). Starting to get HTF, comes with a physical OST.

https://m.gamestop.c...es/wuppo/151943

Website doesn't say GS exclusive but the price stickers in-store do and Sodesco confirmed it.

It's a really good game, too.

#3346 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10869 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:10 PM

NERO worth picking up before it gets hard to find?

I think it already is hard to find.  I think it was planned all along considering what NERO stands for (Nothing Ever Remains Obscure).

#3347 ragnar14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2005 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:57 AM

Umm, I was wandering through Walmart the other day and noticed Joe's Diner for the PS4. I just Googled it up because I've never heard of it. All the ESRB copies I can see for sale online are coming from Canadian sources. Is it available in America? It seems a little odd that some game would be Canadian bargain bin exclusive.

Posted Image

#3348 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:38 AM

Everyone is urging me to get wuppo and I want it really bad but every store around me has it still... I'm playing a dangerous game and waiting haha.

#3349 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5627 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:26 AM

Umm, I was wandering through Walmart the other day and noticed Joe's Diner for the PS4. I just Googled it up because I've never heard of it. All the ESRB copies I can see for sale online are coming from Canadian sources. Is it available in America? It seems a little odd that some game would be Canadian bargain bin exclusive.

UIG is in the process of releasing a number of their games including Joe's Diner, Pineview Drive, Professional Construction Simulator, Professional Farmer 2017 Gold, Professional Farmer American Dream and others in both the US and Canada.  I have been in contact with them and they are having trouble getting the games to US retailers and US Amazon.  At present they are in Walmart Canada, EBGames Canada, Amazon Canada and a few of the games have just hit Amazon US and Walmart stores in the US.  I will tell you that there is no difference between the US and Canadian versions as I bought American Dream from Amazon US and Professional Farmer 2017 Gold at Walmart US and they have bi-lingual French and English ESRB ratings and basically the European back of the game with German, French, English, etc...text and even a British flag next to the English text.    

#3350 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2304 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:26 PM

Joe's Diner is easily the worst game I've played so far on the PS4. It totally belongs in the bargain bin wherever it is found. 

joshTX.png

#3351 ragnar14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2005 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:24 PM

Joe's Diner is easily the worst game I've played so far on the PS4. It totally belongs in the bargain bin wherever it is found. 

Yeah. It'll do well enough in a bargain bin though. The back of the box makes it look like it might be an interesting spooky game. If not for my hesitation to buy totally unknown games I would've bought it on the spot.

UIG is in the process of releasing a number of their games including Joe's Diner, Pineview Drive, Professional Construction Simulator, Professional Farmer 2017 Gold, Professional Farmer American Dream and others in both the US and Canada.  I have been in contact with them and they are having trouble getting the games to US retailers and US Amazon.  At present they are in Walmart Canada, EBGames Canada, Amazon Canada and a few of the games have just hit Amazon US and Walmart stores in the US.  I will tell you that there is no difference between the US and Canadian versions as I bought American Dream from Amazon US and Professional Farmer 2017 Gold at Walmart US and they have bi-lingual French and English ESRB ratings and basically the European back of the game with German, French, English, etc...text and even a British flag next to the English text.    

That's good to know, thanks.

Posted Image

#3352 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10869 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:43 AM

There is so much limited stuff being released now I seriously need to do some quality control.  I already decided I don't need any of the farming sims and most sports games.  Joe's Diner actually looks like it has a neat premise, but the reviews have been horrible so I am currently undecided.

#3353 zlatour   Banned Banned   1785 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:48 AM

There is so much limited stuff being released now I seriously need to do some quality control. I already decided I don't need any of the farming sims and most sports games. Joe's Diner actually looks like it has a neat premise, but the reviews have been horrible so I am currently undecided.

I buy all the ps4 PA limited editions and I pick and choose the LRG ones. They've been releasing too much stuff I couldn't care less about lately. That's pretty much it

#3354 Jurai  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:15 AM

Haven't run it in awhile, checked for copies of job simulator in store at gamestops:

Farmingdale Plaza - New Britain, CT 06053 - PreOwned
Price Chopper S/C - Waterbury, CT 06705 - PreOwned
Hillside S/C - Hillside, NJ 07205 - PreOwned
Viewmont Mall - SCRANTON, PA 18508 - NEW
SWM @ Rome - Rome, NY 13440 - PreOwned
Gateway Plz NC - JACKSONVILLE, NC 28546 - PreOwned
Shoppes at Overyork - Yorktown, VA 23693 - PreOwned
Aberdeen Marketplace - Aberdeen, MD 21001 - PreOwned
Kettering Plaza - Kettering, MD 20774 - PreOwned
Stafford Marketplace - Stafford, VA 22556 - PreOwned
Monkey Junction - Wilmington, NC 28412 - PreOwned
Oglethorpe Mall - Savannah, GA 31406 - PreOwned
Friendly Shopping Cr - GREENSBORO, NC 27408 - PreOwned
Wal Mart Outparcel - Boiling Springs, SC 29316 - PreOwned
Village Sq SC - Middlesboro, KY 40965 - PreOwned
Columbus Park GS - Columbus, GA 31909 - PreOwned
The Prado - ATLANTA, GA 30342 - PreOwned
Clock Tower Plaza - LIMA, OH 45805 - PreOwned
Bradley Commons - BOURBONNAIS, IL 60914 - PreOwned
White Oaks Plaza - Springfield, IL 62704 - PreOwned
WalMart Plz IA - West Burlington, IA 52655 - PreOwned
Battlefield Mall - Springfield, MO 65804 - PreOwned
Atascocita - HUMBLE, TX 77346 - NEW
Mill Creek Plaza - Fort Smith, AR 72901 - PreOwned
Belton Marketplace - Belton, MO 64012 - PreOwned
Terrell Corner - Terrell, TX 75160 - NEW
Craig Crossing - MCKINNEY, TX 75070 - PreOwned
Ben White Payload SC - Austin, TX 78704 - PreOwned
Albuquerque S/C - Albuquerque, NM 87110 - PreOwned
Rock Springs R/C - Rock Springs, WY 82901 - PreOwned
The Groves - Tempe, AZ 85284 - NEW
SWM Shops @ Mountain - Mountain Home, ID 83647 - PreOwned
Bristol & Segerstom - Santa Ana, CA 92704 - PreOwned
Crossroads @ Santa-F - Santa Maria, CA 93455 - PreOwned
North Valley Plaza - Chico, CA 95926 - PreOwned
Sunset Square - Bellingham, WA 98226 - PreOwned

#3355 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2304 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:32 PM

There is so much limited stuff being released now I seriously need to do some quality control.  I already decided I don't need any of the farming sims and most sports games.  Joe's Diner actually looks like it has a neat premise, but the reviews have been horrible so I am currently undecided.

I went back and forth for a couple days on the Bleed double pack before eventually deciding to pass. I passed on What Remains of Edith Finch also. I haven't decided on Gang Beasts but I'll probably let that go as well. And I've cut my number of LRG purchases down pretty drastically. A year ago I might have purchased these "limited" type games on impulse, but there are so many coming from so many different publishers now that it isn't fiscally responsible. I try to watch more gameplay vids now and try to imagine how much I'd really play the game, in addition to the quality control you mentioned. I may regret missing some certain game later on, but my backlog is already too large to be too bothered by it.  

joshTX.png

#3356 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10869 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:24 PM

iam8bit has started shipping out What Remains of Edith Finch.  Got a shipping email last night.

#3357 jeff79  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:50 PM

I love these limited release of games, but the resellers really screw over fans.....

looks like chrisz300zx is one of the worst offenders, Limited Run Games doesn't see to care or want to protect their fans..... but he's screwing people and abusing PLAY ASIA policy with bleed. he's reselling FIVE copies ! I reported him to PLAY ASIA, I'd suggest you help as well.... let's keep the games to the fans, and

not the resellers who try to screw us over !

https://www.ebay.com...NgAAOSw-JJaVDtA

#3358 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   752 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:59 PM

Does anyone know what the play Asia coupon code is?

#3359 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6553 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:02 PM

I love these limited release of games, but the resellers really screw over fans.....

looks like chrisz300zx is one of the worst offenders, Limited Run Games doesn't see to care or want to protect their fans..... but he's screwing people and abusing PLAY ASIA policy with bleed. he's reselling FIVE copies ! I reported him to PLAY ASIA, I'd suggest you help as well.... let's keep the games to the fans, and

The game is still in-stock at Play-asia.  This is not even remotely close to a problem for anyone.  

Get some control over your life.

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#3360 ragnar14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2005 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:37 PM

Play-asia can't do a thing if he's using 5 friends/family to buy copies. Even without friends/family you can easily double purchase limits just buy using separate payment sources and shipping to your work.

Posted Image