* * * * * 7 votes

Smaller/Obscure/Limited Physical Release Deals and Discussion Thread

#31 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3253 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:49 AM

I'm assuming you will be adding them later then since you are already down to the "T's" in your initial list and missed on a bunch of them (Octodad, Breach and Clear, etc)?  I'm also guessing you'll get to listing Retro City Rampage as well?

Great idea for a thread and thanks for taking the time to do it! Will be handy as I try to complete my collection.

Sounds like you are only listing current systems, right?  Original DS probably won't be considered a current system but it has a number of limited and hard-to-get physical games such as Diamond Trust of London, Electroplankton,  and the old Club Nintendo exclusives (Game and Watch Collection, Game and Watch Collection 2), to name a few.

Yea... I'll get to the LRG titles. I actually have a couple different lists I'm compiling from and I decided to do one at a time instead of going across each list one letter at a time.

Might be better if people just hold off on naming games until I finish listing all I have. I'll update the OP to reflect that.

As for DS games... I'll look into them after I get a bit more done with the current gen and thread formatting.

#32 Heavyd814life   ♥ Swept In Sound ♥ CAGiversary!   2643 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Heavyd814life

Posted 21 August 2016 - 03:12 PM

Would Shadow of the Beast qualify? It's only available from Asian sites like YesAsia and Play-Asia, but it's a full English release. I'll include a link below:

http://www.yesasia.c...-0-en/info.html

heavyd814eva.png

#33 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2744 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 03:32 PM

I'm assuming you will be adding them later then since you are already down to the "T's" in your initial list and missed on a bunch of them (Octodad, Breach and Clear, etc)? I'm also guessing you'll get to listing Retro City Rampage as well?

Great idea for a thread and thanks for taking the time to do it! Will be handy as I try to complete my collection.

Sounds like you are only listing current systems, right? Original DS probably won't be considered a current system but it has a number of limited and hard-to-get physical games such as Diamond Trust of London, Electroplankton, and the old Club Nintendo exclusives (Game and Watch Collection, Game and Watch Collection 2), to name a few.

For anyone interested, Jason Rohrer still has 3,700 copies of Diamond Trust of London for sale at http://diamondtrustgame.com/buy.php
Studio Head at Mighty Rabbit Studios and Owner of Limited Run Games

#34 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3253 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 03:56 PM

Would Shadow of the Beast qualify? It's only available from Asian sites like YesAsia and Play-Asia, but it's a full English release. I'll include a link below:

http://www.yesasia.c...-0-en/info.html

Absolutely.

#35 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3955 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 21 August 2016 - 03:59 PM

Absolutely.

Well then you're going to have a lot more games to add that are "Asian/English" releases, including titles like Alienation and Fat Princess Adventures.

#36 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5445 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 04:13 PM

Absolutely.

In my opinion, the scope of this proposed thread is too broad.  I think it would be more useful to just limit it to US releases of these types of niche titles as adding UK, European and Asian English releases is going to quickly spiral into the hundreds of titles and make it hard to track the niche US stuff that's coming out.

#37 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3253 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 04:36 PM

Well then you're going to have a lot more games to add that are "Asian/English" releases, including titles like Alienation and Fat Princess Adventures.

I have every intention of doing so.

In my opinion, the scope of this proposed thread is too broad.  I think it would be more useful to just limit it to US releases of these types of niche titles as adding UK, European and Asian English releases is going to quickly spiral into the hundreds of titles and make it hard to track the niche US stuff that's coming out.

No. That would completely defeat the purpose of the thread, which is to inform collectors of the existence of physical titles. It doesn't matter what region they're from. As long as they're in English and playable on an American console, they're worth knowing about. If it gets over a hundred titles, then so be it. Hell, the more the better.

#38 slainviper  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 04:48 PM

Just make good use of spoiler tags.

Don't wanna see Asian English releases? Don't click the button.

#39 MoonBlossom  

MoonBlossom

Posted 21 August 2016 - 04:52 PM

Would it be possible to add the region or regions to the game list? Something like this: ABZÛ
[PS4] [XBOne] [US]

#40 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3253 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 05:00 PM

Would it be possible to add the region or regions to the game list? Something like this: ABZÛ
[PS4] [XBOne] [US]

I was thinking about it. I'm currently reformatting the listings I have done.

I might move the regions under the platforms or something.

Still a whole lot I've got to do, so just bear with me while I get things done. Might take a bit, but it'll get done.

#41 zebular   OG Gamer CAGiversary!   597 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:47 PM

Keep up the good work, I'm really digging this thread.  Then again, my wallet is hating you...

9aeed60f-74eb-45fe-8b08-f0cb1a176d75.jpg0d2df1e8-7c41-42c3-93cd-b5b2e435a98b.jpg

#42 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5445 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:55 PM

Just make good use of spoiler tags.

Don't wanna see Asian English releases? Don't click the button.

I'm more concerned with the accuracy of the list being maintained and the fact that anything that might be time sensitive like LRG or other games with a short or non-existent preorder window will be lost in the shuffle.  Also, how far back will this go?  Will PS3, Xbox 360 and other older platforms that still see a trickle of games overseas count?  Does a game have to be region free to qualify?    

#43 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3253 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:22 AM

I'm more concerned with the accuracy of the list being maintained and the fact that anything that might be time sensitive like LRG or other games with a short or non-existent preorder window will be lost in the shuffle.  Also, how far back will this go?  Will PS3, Xbox 360 and other older platforms that still see a trickle of games overseas count?  Does a game have to be region free to qualify?    

The first post will have a separate list for upcoming games and pre-orders. Games will need to be either NTSC-U region or region free and in English to qualify. PS3 and Xbox 360 games will be added. You can't really go further back from them because digital didn't exist before them.

Down the line, I may make a third list which lists region-locked games for collectors who are interested in those and own consoles for those specific regions... but that's not a concern right now.

#44 OCD_Gaymer  

OCD_Gaymer

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:49 AM

As a collector; may I just say-- this is the best thread ever.  If you put some dates in there and links to various sites...I'll be living on ramen for the rest of the year!  This is amaze-balls.  Thank you!

#45 Equippt  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:20 PM

Wow, this is quite ambitious of you! I hope you stick with it, though, because it's an awesome idea. I'll definitely be checking in from time to time. Good job! <Encouragement +1>

#46 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30401 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:31 PM

Wish Lumo would show up on Amazon one of these days like the dev said it would.

tylerh1701.png 
Twitch: TylerH1701

#47 redraid8   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:21 PM

Wish Lumo would show up on Amazon one of these days like the dev said it would.

https://www.amazon.c...s=maximum games

Sorry for long link. On my phone.

#48 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1526 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:14 PM

https://www.amazon.c...s=maximum games

Sorry for long link. On my phone.

Weird that it doesn't have a prime discount.

#49 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5715 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:22 PM

Weird that it doesn't have a prime discount.

They have msrp $29.99 so it's $23.99 even though it should be $15.99 after Prime. Looks like Amazon needs fix this issue.

BumslieOG.png

syepc.gif

#50 Insanity999   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Insanity999

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:23 PM

Summon night 6?

http://www.gaijinwor...6_WE_orders.htm

#51 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3253 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:23 PM

Don't worry guys, I'm still working on this. Just taking a little break, will be at it again soon.

#52 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3253 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:02 PM

What kind of information would you guys like to see in the body of each game's listing? Currently there is the developer, publisher, regions and special notes. I'm going to add links to where you can buy each game.

Anything else?

#53 YugiMoto  

YugiMoto

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:10 PM

You can wiki the original post so others can help out with adding information and links.

#54 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30401 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:15 PM

They have msrp $29.99 so it's $23.99 even though it should be $15.99 after Prime. Looks like Amazon needs fix this issue.

It's really strange all around. Best Buy has it listed for $29.99, and Gamestop has it $29.99 crossed out and $19.99.

It's like the MSRP is $29.99 but they're launching with it $10 off, which doesn't really make sense. And ruins the extra 20% off at Amazon I was waiting for.

tylerh1701.png 
Twitch: TylerH1701

#55 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3253 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:24 PM

You can wiki the original post so others can help out with adding information and links.

Maybe once I've gotten everything square. I'm really OCD about everything looking perfect ><

#56 MrClark  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:21 AM

Why put PAL stuff in there like Lucius and animia?

Why put stuff in like mighty no 9? Not exactly obscure or limited at all. Any game thats sold at lamestop, bestbuy, meijer, walmart, target and amazon isnt really limited or obscure at all.

Half of that wiki post could be carved out. I dont like all the images being spoilered either because that helps give me an idea of if I want to look at something and Im not going to click on every single spoiler tag to see if it strikes my fancy.

You dont even have links to places where you can order the games.

Nothing has a description which is odd since you seem to be making a dictionary of just random games and not really doing anything for deals or good prices which makes me wonder why this is in the deals section.

I like the other thread we already had going.

Honestly we would have better results just going to amazon, finding a smaller named game, clicking on it and then look at the "you might also like" results showing similar games.

#57 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3253 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:57 AM

Why put PAL stuff in there like Lucius and animia?

Why put stuff in like mighty no 9? Not exactly obscure or limited at all. Any game thats sold at lamestop, bestbuy, meijer, walmart, target and amazon isnt really limited or obscure at all.

Half of that wiki post could be carved out. I dont like all the images being spoilered either because that helps give me an idea of if I want to look at something and Im not going to click on every single spoiler tag to see if it strikes my fancy.

You dont even have links to places where you can order the games.

Nothing has a description which is odd since you seem to be making a dictionary of just random games and not really doing anything for deals or good prices which makes me wonder why this is in the deals section.

I like the other thread we already had going.

Honestly we would have better results just going to amazon, finding a smaller named game, clicking on it and then look at the "you might also like" results showing similar games.

"Why put PAL stuff in there like Lucius and animia?"

Because they're region free.

"Why put stuff in like mighty no 9? Not exactly obscure or limited at all."

It's a "smaller" indie title that makes it on principle.

"Half of that wiki post could be carved out. I dont like all the images being spoilered either because that helps give me an idea of if I want to look at something and Im not going to click on every single spoiler tag to see if it strikes my fancy."

Sucks to be you. The list is already going to be massive. I'm not unspoilering the images to increase its size by a factor of 10 because you're too lazy to click a button.

"You dont even have links to places where you can order the games."

I've said, multiple times, that these will be added.

"Nothing has a description which is odd since you seem to be making a dictionary of just random games and not really doing anything for deals or good prices which makes me wonder why this is in the deals section."

First, they're not random games. Second, you want me to post a description of every game? This already takes a lot of time to do. Go look shit up. Stop being fuckin' lazy. Third, as stated in the original post, this is a place for people to identify that these games exist and to post deals regarding them.

"I like the other thread we already had going."

You're free to Fuck right off to it.

"Honestly we would have better results just going to amazon, finding a smaller named game, clicking on it and then look at the "you might also like" results showing similar games."

Many people have already said that this thread has helped them and I'm not anywhere near done with it. So, by all means, if you have a better resource, use it.

#58 Equippt  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:32 AM

At what point in a seven paragraph bitchfest does one typically say, "you know, it might just be easier to ignore this thread?"

#59 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3253 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:49 AM

Updated the list with all (I think I got them all) currently released LRG titles and a few upcoming ones. I'll have to revisit their forum to find any upcoming titles.

Almost done with my part of the "master list". I have a few more things to comb through, then I'll start working on the first post and adding games that people point out.

#60 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1598 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:51 AM

Personally as someone who follows the 'other' threads, I'm all fore this one.  The more info out there the better.  Not every thread catches every single little thing.  Hell I didn't even know Lucius had a physical release anywhere til this thread.  Yeah it's still a little rough, but that goes for anything that still a work in progress.  Bottom line is the OP is taking time and energy out of his schedule to do this and I fore one thank him for it.