* * * * * 6 votes

Smaller/Obscure/Limited Physical Release Deals and Discussion Thread

#961 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5666 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:20 PM

Got my copy of Blue Rider today and very happy with the way Play Asia handled this release. My copy came with bubble sleeve and extra stickers then put in a small box. Plus I don't have a floater disc and received copy #413. Most copies should arrive in perfect condition. I plan to pick up all the Play Asia releases.

BumslieOG.png

syepc.gif

#962 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3690 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:17 PM

Got my copy of Blue Rider today and very happy with the way Play Asia handled this release. My copy came with bubble sleeve and extra stickers then put in a small box. Plus I don't have a floater disc and received copy #413. Most copies should arrive in perfect condition. I plan to pick up all the Play Asia releases.

My first copy arrived today as well (ordered two due to the launch snafu), really nicely made LE, and very well packaged just like yours. Looking forward to getting Cursed Castilla when the preorders go up on 4/25, should be another nice LE!

#963 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   1769 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:25 PM

Send me one too mo' fucka or I will file a police report on your ass.

#964 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5666 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:57 PM

Send me one too mo' fucka or I will file a police report on your ass.

You Bastard!

BumslieOG.png

syepc.gif

#965 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   8883 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:52 AM

C

My copy of Blue Rider arrived today. The LE is decent size, had some extra stickers included in the package as well. Pretty happy with this LE - it's a good value for the price and I hope we see more games get this treatment from Play-Asia in the future. Already signed up for their next pre-order.

Lemme see dem pics

#966 Tothoro  

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:21 AM

C

Lemme see dem pics

Mo8I18T.jpg

eDfGG07.jpg

Sorry for the mediocre quality, my phone is not the greatest. First pic is the packaging and the game itself for comparison, second pic is the game and stickers. Didn't know which you wanted to see, but figured the thread as a whole may find both interesting.

COLStraightEdge.png xTOTHORO.png

#967 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   9890 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:21 PM

So for the Play-Asia physical exclusives, Soldner-X 2 was #1, right?  Just want to make sure I wasn't missing any (got that one through LRG so I am covered).  Looks like Blue Rider is #2 and Cursed Castilla EX is #3.

#968 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   5705 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:40 PM

So for the Play-Asia physical exclusives, Soldner-X 2 was #1, right?  Just want to make sure I wasn't missing any (got that one through LRG so I am covered).  Looks like Blue Rider is #2 and Cursed Castilla EX is #3.

dont know the numbering but there are some physical copies like Shadow Beast, Alienation, and River City Melee. im not sure if they are play-asia exclusive though.

#969 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   8883 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:59 PM

Only River City was PA exclusive, so it must be #1.

#970 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2016 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:03 PM

Shadow of the Beast never got a proper US release, unfortunately. I'm not even sure it got a PAL release, but the Asian version can be imported. 

joshTX.png

#971 neowarp   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   52 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:45 PM

11.JPG  22.JPG  

Bravo Play Asia, Bravo ! there's a new competitor in town for these "Limited edition/run" games

#972 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:59 PM

Well my package is being held at the post office, rats. Usually they leave it in the lockbox anyway but I can go grab it tomorrow.

Too much real life, not enough time for video games

#973 Dashey10  

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:38 PM

Is anyone else annoyed that EastAsiaSoft is going with PlayAsia instead of LRG?

Get $15 credits from Tokyo Otaku Mode with you sign up with my referral link here

#974 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5203 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:53 PM

Annoyed is probably not the right word, but dealing with Play Asia and all of their quirks is not something I would prefer when LRG is perfectly capable of handling releases of this type.

#975 Dashey10  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:03 AM

Yeah. I feel like that Eastasiasoft got triggered or something because they weren't satisfied when Lost Sea and Rainbow Moon weren't selling fast enough or when they lost sales because there wasn't enough copies of Soldner-X 2.

Get $15 credits from Tokyo Otaku Mode with you sign up with my referral link here

#976 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   5705 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:24 AM

anyone know which shipping courier do they use to track the package? play asia shipped my Blue Rider on the 10th and i couldnt track it on USPS.

#977 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   9890 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:30 AM

Yeah. I feel like that Eastasiasoft got triggered or something because they weren't satisfied when Lost Sea and Rainbow Moon weren't selling fast enough or when they lost sales because there wasn't enough copies of Soldner-X 2.

I doubt the time to sell out was an issue since the Play-Asia releases sell much, much slower (in fact I don't think any are sold out yet).

Maybe they just want to work with a company in their hemisphere instead of half a world away?

#978 Jurai   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   513 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:35 AM

The input latency on blue rider is pretty bad :/

#979 Tothoro  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:41 AM

anyone know which shipping courier do they use to track the package? play asia shipped my Blue Rider on the 10th and i couldnt track it on USPS.

They ship from Singapore, so the tracking numbers only work via Singpost until they hit US borders. After that you can't get tracking updates from anywhere, but it'll be delivered via USPS.

Regarding the whole LRG/P-A thing, I actually prefer titles from Play-Asia. I like not having to fight for a release during the five minute span orders are open, and so far PA has really shone on packing materials. Shipping time is a bit of a downer, but depending on their schedule LRG games can take just as long to arrive.

I'll be really interested to see how the competition to LRG impacts the market. Here's hoping we as consumers benefit and it doesn't turn into some huge melodramatic shitshow.

As a sidenote, Play-Asia also has The Sexy Brutale: Full House Edition. If you're in the US like myself, it seems to be one of the cheaper places to import it.

#980 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   8883 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:05 AM

no. They have the right to do what they want

#981 ToadKirby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   494 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

ToadKirby

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:09 AM

no. They have the right to do what they want

Sure that is probably true, but just because someone has the "right" to do something doesn't mean you have to like it. I would give an example but the thread would implode in a matter of minutes.

Not saying your thought is bogus, just that the reason needs some TLC.

#982 Semoreh  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:38 AM

The input latency on blue rider is pretty bad :/

I actually cancelled my order after trying out the demo.

The LE itself looks great, but I really disliked how it played.

#983 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3883 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:10 PM

It's all good, as I'm in it for physical where there was none before, and the Play-Asia prices are good, and they ship well. My only issue with them, is their customer service is beyond ass, so if there is ever any issues, that would be a red flag for me personally, but otherwise I'm glad to see others in this sector, as it shows the need and desire for physical games.

I also doubt I'll get many releases, as Soldner was the only Vita game they have offered, and I already had the LRG release, so I past on that one, and the others have been PS4 titles which I'm not collecting, so until another Vita release shows up(which I doubt will be many), it's not a real issue for me either way, but I'm glad to have PA in the mix, just for the sake of options.

#984 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2016 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:25 PM

Did anyone who signed up for the Cursed Castilla pre-order see the latest email from Playasia? Only 3,000 copies and they are claiming they had a larger number of people sign up than they've ever had before. Yeah, it could be marketing hype, or it could be like an LRG game that sells out in less than 5 minutes. Gonna have to be on it with this one. Especially after how well Blue Rider was done, I think more and more people are going to be jumping on the PlayAsia boat with these exclusives. 

joshTX.png

#985 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3690 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:47 PM

Did anyone who signed up for the Cursed Castilla pre-order see the latest email from Playasia? Only 3,000 copies and they are claiming they had a larger number of people sign up than they've ever had before. Yeah, it could be marketing hype, or it could be like an LRG game that sells out in less than 5 minutes. Gonna have to be on it with this one. Especially after how well Blue Rider was done, I think more and more people are going to be jumping on the PlayAsia boat with these exclusives.

Yes I got that email today. They are also allowing two copies per person, which might cause it to sell out faster. This is a GnG style game, a good fit for a physical release. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to get one or two copies, but it looks like another nice quality LE.

As for Blue Rider, it's a slower Shmup, the ship feels a little sluggish when maneuvering, but I like the style and it's easy to adapt to the different play style. The graphics are nice, reminiscent of older arcade games. Well worth it to me.

#986 Dashey10  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

Anyone know when it'll go up?

#987 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5203 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:02 PM

Anyone know when it'll go up?

The e-mail said 8:00 p.m. Pacific Time on Monday night but given their previous track record, who knows.

#988 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21671 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:18 PM

What makes people think Cursed Castilla will sell out quickly? They still have copies of Blue Rider in stock. 

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Horizon Zero Dawn - :D 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#989 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   5705 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:24 AM

i finally got my copies. im glad they gave 2 of each stickers since i bought 2 copies. i wish LRG gives you more than 1 sticker/postcard for the amount u buy.

20170421_231402.jpg

#990 Tothoro  

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:19 AM

What makes people think Cursed Castilla will sell out quickly? They still have copies of Blue Rider in stock. 

Play-Asia exclusives are increasing in popularity now that they've started to establish themselves in the market and I believe this will be a lower print run. Don't remember the exact number, but I think I saw someone say this was limited to 3000?