* * * * * 7 votes

Smaller/Obscure/Limited Physical Release Deals and Discussion Thread

#1171 zlatour   Shredaholic CAGiversary!   1566 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:26 AM

I rage quit Blue Rider. It gets insanely hard in the later levels.

Haha yea that game is hard as Fuck. Doesn't help that getting out of the way of some bullets is the equivalent of an Olympic sport.

#1172 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   13779 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:38 AM

Any word from LRG when Night Trap physical will be available? Thanks in advance.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#1173 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9029 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:48 AM

Any word from LRG when Night Trap physical will be available? Thanks in advance.

no

#1174 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11267 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:22 AM

http://www.play-asia...ition/13/70azmb

"Evil is Funs"

#1175 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4220 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:32 AM

I'm just not buying it that anyone is paying $150-200 for this, especially when it was up for preorder for the better part of a day.

Fully expect the price to drop to $60, maybe $70 bucks when copies start getting into people's hands and I wouldn't be surprised if those sales are fake. Either that or by people with more cash than brains.

This happens more often than not^, as in situations like this, the first to list a sold out items always reap the best benefits, but also take the biggest risk. Often with a pre-order game like this, once more copies begin to appear, the price drops, and if your pre-order item hasn't shipped to the buyer, they can and will cancel, and there's not much that can be done.

No matter what, this game sold out quick, and is limited to 3000, and as others have stated, it's a better game than most by default(so a decent selling price is to be expected). But I do think the price will get more sensible in time, as more are listed, unless that doesn't happen(which I doubt). But I see high ending auctions like this all the time for items that are the first ones listed, and I can't say how many of those are actually completed and 100% legit. But from personal experience, I can say they are some buyers who do in fact have more money than brains. LOL

#1176 zlatour   Shredaholic CAGiversary!   1566 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:23 PM

I can say they are some buyers who do in fact have more money than brains. LOL

I have sold multiple items on eBay with a 'Best Offer' option and the buyer still bought the item for the full listing price. This has never made sense to me.

#1177 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4220 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:46 PM

I have sold multiple items on eBay with a 'Best Offer' option and the buyer still bought the item for the full listing price. This has never made sense to me.

Now that is something I've never had happen, but I rarely if ever add the "Best Offer" to any of my listings, as it just never seems to work that well for me in the long run. I have had many buyers get an item from me that was currently available at retail for less, but I chalk that up to the lazyness of some people. 

I will say, having used the "Best Offer" from the buying side more often, most sellers I've dealt with have it, but very rarely take anything less than the price it's listed at. So in my experience, it's not to surprising that someone wouldn't send you an offer for less, as most of the sellers I've tried to make offers with, always turn them down(even when just a few dollars off of the asking price). So I think a lot of sellers try to boot strap the "offer" in to the listing as click bait to get buyers in, with no intentions of selling the item for a lower price.

#1178 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19680 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:53 AM

If your price is good enough I would be worry that someone else would buy the item before the offer is accepted.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#1179 Dashey10  

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:02 PM

Breakers got announced for the Dreamcast and it's a Play-Asia.com exclusive

http://www.play-asia...usive/13/70b539

Says its not available in the U.S.

Already contacted support so this should be interesting.

Get $15 credits from Tokyo Otaku Mode with you sign up with my referral link here

#1180 zlatour   Shredaholic CAGiversary!   1566 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:15 PM

Sine Mora EX is up on Amazon (without the Prime discount). Only $19.99.

PS4:
https://www.amazon.c...=sine+mora&th=1

XBO:
https://www.amazon.c...=sine+mora&th=1

20% Prime discount is now applied to these games.

#1181 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2600 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:53 PM

Breakers got announced for the Dreamcast and it's a Play-Asia.com exclusive

http://www.play-asia...usive/13/70b539

Says its not available in the U.S.

Already contacted support so this should be interesting.

This already had an EU/US release. It's homebrew, FYI, so it's not an official part of any Dreamcast library.

Studio Head at Mighty Rabbit Studios and Owner of Limited Run Games

#1182 Dashey10  

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:03 PM

Yeah I'm aware that it's a homebrew. Didn't know that there was already a US/EU release.

Get $15 credits from Tokyo Otaku Mode with you sign up with my referral link here

#1183 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3619 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:15 PM

This already had an EU/US release. It's homebrew, FYI, so it's not an official part of any Dreamcast library.

Link to where I can buy it?

NnZPC5V.png

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#1184 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3206 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:04 AM

Well... the game itself isn't homebrew, but the port is.

I couldn't really find any information about an EU/US release for this game. Did it have like a legitimate publisher, like PlayAsia, or was it just like some guy printing repros?

#1185 ecwfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:30 AM

Well... the game itself isn't homebrew, but the port is.

I couldn't really find any information about an EU/US release for this game. Did it have like a legitimate publisher, like PlayAsia, or was it just like some guy printing repros?

Is it available at https://en.rushongame.com/?lg=en

It's probably not worth getting considering it is only a slightly tweaked version of a freely available downloadable version. It emulates the Neo Geo CD and doesn't run as well.

Update:

North American version of Breakers will be exclusively available at http://www.videogamesnewyork.com

#1186 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   1883 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:52 PM

For anyone that cares about Shadow Warrior 2 and want a physical release:

https://www.specialreservegames.com/

Also, the bundle is half off on PSN and XBL and includes both the first and second game.

#1187 Dashey10  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:32 PM

But the question is, how much will it cost?

#1188 zebular   OG Gamer CAGiversary!   565 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:41 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with this

Locomalito is an amazing programmer, been following his stuff for quite a while now.  You all should really follow his website, all of his games are free with the exception of the latest version of Cursed Castile.  He does excellent clones of classic titles.

You can really tell when a dev is doing what they love.
https://www.locomalito.com/

9aeed60f-74eb-45fe-8b08-f0cb1a176d75.jpg0d2df1e8-7c41-42c3-93cd-b5b2e435a98b.jpg

#1189 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   1883 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:06 PM

But the question is, how much will it cost?

The game by itself will probably be $30-39.99

Collector's Edition no idea

#1190 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3824 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:11 PM

For anyone that cares about Shadow Warrior 2 and want a physical release:

https://www.specialreservegames.com/

Also, the bundle is half off on PSN and XBL and includes both the first and second game.

Thanks for the info. It's really disappointing that they put the bundle on sale on PSN for $34.99, but left the standalone SW2 game at $39.99 with no discount. What about all the loyal fans who already bought the first game? They really didn't think it through.

Regardless, I will get the game eventually, probably both physically and digitally, but I'm pretty annoyed by how they released it.

#1191 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   1883 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:15 PM

Thanks for the info. It's really disappointing that they put the bundle on sale on PSN for $34.99, but left the standalone SW2 game at $39.99 with no discount. What about all the loyal fans who already bought the first game? They really didn't think it through.

Regardless, I will get the game eventually, probably both physically and digitally, but I'm pretty annoyed by how they released it.

I have a physical copy of the first one, and plan on getting the physical of the second as well.  I think both PSN and MS should incorporate something like Steam does, where if you want a bundle, it will automatically subtract the games you have from it and adjust the price.

#1192 Jurai  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:40 PM

So when are we supposed to get the PS4 copy of Strafe if we bought the combo? it's not in the big box right?

#1193 SpraykwoN   Chef CAGiversary!   1883 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:42 PM

So when are we supposed to get the PS4 copy of Strafe if we bought the combo? it's not in the big box right?

According to Special Reserve Games, the PS4 copies will begin shipping on 5/22.

#1194 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3824 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:11 PM

I have a physical copy of the first one, and plan on getting the physical of the second as well. I think both PSN and MS should incorporate something like Steam does, where if you want a bundle, it will automatically subtract the games you have from it and adjust the price.

I own the first Shadow Warrior game digitally and physically on both the PS4 and XB1, really loved it and am looking forward to getting the sequel. But I'm annoyed with Devolver Digital for not thinking about their loyal fans when pricing the new release. Will now just wait for a digital sale and/or physical release.

#1195 Dashey10  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:46 PM

One of their tweets confuses me :/

#1196 Jurai  

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:13 AM

New play Asia / east Asia soft release announced. I like that they're doing numbered releases, that's one thing I wanna see from LRG.

MUQrJxl.jpg

https://www.play-asi.../alchemicjousts

#1197 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9029 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:20 AM

New play Asia / east Asia soft release announced. I like that they're doing numbered releases, that's one thing I wanna see from LRG.

MUQrJxl.jpg

https://www.play-asi.../alchemicjousts

I'm not down. 

Guess I'll skip and wait for #5. It just doesn't interest me as much as Cursed Castilla 

#1198 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2600 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:17 PM

This is only loosely a PA exclusive as this has a physical PS4 release in Spain. I'm going to buy this version but if anyone misses out there are other options.

On numbering releases: we've done it with a few items. With PS4 standard editions we don't do it because we'd have to put the sticker on the shrinkwrap. I don't want to further incentivize not opening our releases.

#1199 Jurai  

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

Tbh I didn't realize this is #5

#1200 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2600 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:51 PM

Tbh I didn't realize this is #5

It's #4, I always get thrown off by the fact that Soldner-X2 is considered the first.