* * * * * 7 votes

Smaller/Obscure/Limited Physical Release Deals and Discussion Thread

#2161 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9467 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:19 PM

Where were you able to see that statistic?

Probably just put add 3800 into cart to see what was left

#2162 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4725 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:21 PM

Now if they decided to release the Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition on Vita I would be all over it.

Let's make that happen! A Vita physcial release of Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition would be amazing.

Yeah, I was going to grab a few copies of this for future flipping, but I think I'll just pass for now. Maybe if it's still up in a few days, I'll revisit the possibilities. With LRG lately, I'm just way over my budget, and can't justify really buying this, especially not for actual use, as flipping can take awhile in regards to getting a decent price.

I'm for sure hoping a Vita version will happen, as that's a 110% buy.

#2163 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9467 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:26 PM

For anyone wondering, it is not going to have the Guacamelee! STCE 'Frenemies' Character Pack

#2164 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   710 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:33 PM

Guacamelee is a better game than 90% of LRG titles. We should support good games.

#2165 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9467 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:34 PM

Guacamelee is a better game than 90% of LRG titles. We should support good games.

:lol:

#2166 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   5933 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:37 PM

LOL. im glad Guacamelee came out phsically. im hoping for severed too.

#2167 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2357 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:11 PM

Man, don't try to start drama over LRG here. It's apples and oranges attempting to hold LRG up beside VBlank. I'm pretty sure this is the only physical release that VBlank has ever put out from a developer that isn't VBlank. Comparing them to a company who primarily publishes other developers' work isn't fair. Of course there's going to be a disparity in average critical appraisal. VBlank has only had two real physical releases.

That said, I do agree that Guacamelee is a very good game, and deserves to be supported. It didn't take me very long to put in my order. I have multiple digital copies of Guacamelee, and have already played through the entirety of the game. This does not deter me, it is a truly deserving game that I hold in very high esteem. It has earned a place in my physical collection.

#2168 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4725 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:17 PM

Man, don't try to start drama over LRG here.

You know it's always the usual suspects.

As stated Guacamelee is an excellent title, and LRG has offered many games I like just as much.

Even if they are selling "garbage", as many here would have us believe, I would become a garbage man tomorrow if I could sell the same qty's they do, so haters gonna hate. That's their job, and that's what they do best. So please proceed, as I don't want to keep anyone here from their day job. LOL

#2169 Midori Monkey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Midori Monkey

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:24 PM

Where were you able to see that statistic?

Go to the product page.  Hit F12 or Ctrl + Shift + C.  In the search box type in "inventory".  And look for the string with "inventory_quantity".  And that is the exact remaining stock.  If you don't see the box at the bottom pop up when you hit F12, look closer and pull it up from the bottom on the screen.  On lower res it might be mostly cut off.

MidoriMonkey.png

#2170 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   244 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:37 AM

Go to the product page.  Hit F12 or Ctrl + Shift + C.  In the search box type in "inventory".  And look for the string with "inventory_quantity".  And that is the exact remaining stock.  If you don't see the box at the bottom pop up when you hit F12, look closer and pull it up from the bottom on the screen.  On lower res it might be mostly cut off.

I'm surprised you even thought to search source/files for inventory numbers. Is there any reason why they'd deliver that information to the client?

#2171 cheapgamer 23   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   993 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

cheapgamer 23

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:59 AM

Is the vita version of Guacamelee hard to find? And how well does it run on the vita? Debating on a PS4 copy if I can find a vita copy.

#2172 Potatoeman  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:11 AM

Is the vita version of Guacamelee hard to find? And how well does it run on the vita? Debating on a PS4 copy if I can find a vita copy.

I dont think they made a physical vita copy.

#2173 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9467 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:30 AM

There is no physical Vita version. Only PS4. They might make a retail Vita edition, but there are currently no plans for it at the moment. 

#2174 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4725 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:28 PM

As stated, only the PS4 version is being offered currently, with no set Vita release planned. If they offered a PS4 version, I really can't see why they wouldn't offer it for the Vita. They could even do a smaller run if they want to, but I think the qty's of the PS4 would move for the Vita as well. It may take a little longer, but nothing they need to worry about.

I'm sure a lot of these publishers look at the installed base of the PS4, and see that as a more viable option, but when doing runs this small, there is little to no risk involved. I'm sure DrinkBox looks at the digital purchases as well to make an informed decision, but not have a Vita version when it's easy to see how well really good physical games sell there(and many that are not so good), seems really clueless if it doesn't happen at some point.

And even the creator of RCR only ever offered one system option at a time, maybe to make sure one sold through, before putting up the other. Or maybe it had to do with shipping, and handling large orders for distro. Either way, to not do a Vita version at some point, is insane, especially with the low risk involved.

#2175 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2169 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:40 PM

Got my order in for Guacamelee and told several others about it, most of whom purchased it as well. This thing really just came out of nowhere but I want to see it sell well and I want them to be encouraged to publish more drinkbox titles. Loved Guacamelee on PS3 and more than willing to play through it again on PS4. 

joshTX.png

#2176 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10323 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

I'm guessing Unbox: Newbie's Adventure is no longer a Gamestop-exclusive?  Just came back from the local Walmart and they had it for sale there now too, for $29.96.

Also, looks like Unholy Night (SNES) is doing the price drop thing on Amazon, down to $38.72.  I'll probably bite when it gets down near $20.

https://www.amazon.c...ds=unholy night

#2177 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3922 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:54 PM

Does anyone find it odd that Play Asia is pushing this 5% off deal if you use a credit card? I always use PayPal on the site and personally wouldn't feel comfortable giving them my CC info. Just seems a bit strange that they are trying to encourage people to use credit cards on their website.

#2178 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9467 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:59 PM

PayPal and the code discount seems better

Don'the think u can do 5% off with code

#2179 reko8   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:20 PM

Guacamelee physical (3800 copies) is available now

https://vblank-enter...ited-ps4-retail

Thanks for the heads up! Would've never found this if I didn't check this thread.

Just checked the inventory. There were 1001 left before I ordered and now it's down to 998. This will probably sell out before today's over.

#2180 SrDiesel49  

SrDiesel49

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:53 PM

I grabbed one today; my first limited run game ! :)

863406.png

#2181 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19699 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:45 PM

PayPal and the code discount seems better

Don'the think u can do 5% off with code

They stack, used a $5 off code and I still got 5% off.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#2182 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9467 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:16 PM

They stack, used a $5 off code and I still got 5% off.

nice. 

#2183 SrDiesel49  

SrDiesel49

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:53 PM

Does anyone find it odd that Play Asia is pushing this 5% off deal if you use a credit card? I always use PayPal on the site and personally wouldn't feel comfortable giving them my CC info. Just seems a bit strange that they are trying to encourage people to use credit cards on their website.

right; im already skeptical of websites I dont typically buy from. 

863406.png

#2184 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   1826 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:09 PM

Raiden V is now available for preorder at gamestop, so it's probably not going to be amazon exclusive & might pop up at best buy ect....

#2185 Equippt  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:59 AM

I grabbed one today; my first limited run game ! :)

Welcome to the cult!

#2186 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9467 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:31 AM

Too bad Gamestop doesn't offer a 20% discount. :lol:

#2187 falsedichotomies  

falsedichotomies

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:54 PM

Not sure if posted yet but Limbo / Inside PS4 combo pack now showing a preorder price of $21.05 on Amazon. Does not seem to stack with 20% preorder bonus though. Wonder why they'd go down so low right off the bat. Maybe preorders for this were below expected.

https://www.amazon.c...072BL9MBY?psc=1

#2188 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   710 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:06 PM

Man, don't try to start drama over LRG here. It's apples and oranges attempting to hold LRG up beside VBlank. I'm pretty sure this is the only physical release that VBlank has ever put out from a developer that isn't VBlank. Comparing them to a company who primarily publishes other developers' work isn't fair. Of course there's going to be a disparity in average critical appraisal. VBlank has only had two real physical releases.

That said, I do agree that Guacamelee is a very good game, and deserves to be supported. It didn't take me very long to put in my order. I have multiple digital copies of Guacamelee, and have already played through the entirety of the game. This does not deter me, it is a truly deserving game that I hold in very high esteem. It has earned a place in my physical collection.

That's not drama it's a fact. The only part I may be wrong on is the 90%. Probably more like 95% honestly. I'm not sure why all the moms basement illuminati need to make that an attack on the company.

I do like that we can admit we don't buy things for the quality of the product however. That's a good start.

#2189 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   3922 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:22 PM

Guacamelee is down to 609 copies as of now, so it's selling very well.

#2190 reaperztoll  

reaperztoll

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:54 PM

That's not drama it's a fact. The only part I may be wrong on is the 90%. Probably more like 95% honestly. I'm not sure why all the moms basement illuminati need to make that an attack on the company.

I do like that we can admit we don't buy things for the quality of the product however. That's a good start.

To be fair Guacamelee is a really great game so it just makes the comparison all the more harsh.  

Too much real life, not enough time for video games