Some Wii U games on clearance at Target (Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Hyrule Warriors, more), YMMV

RCizzle65

CAGiversary!
Saw a thread on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu/comments/4z7ppu/just_picked_up_xenoblade_chronicles_for_30_at/) about games going on clearance at Target. Using brickseek (http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-30-0052), I was able to find Bayonetta 2 for $15. They also had Xenoblade for $30, Mighty No.9 for $15, and NES Remix for $15 as well. I went to another Target and they had Bayonetta 2 for $21, and Xenoblade for $40, so, prices vary by location.

I wish my Target does clearance, but alas, their idea of clearance is full price.

That faux pas clearance section at my store always makes me sadface. =/

My local target has Xenoblade, Hyrule Warriors, and Baynoetta all for the cheaper prices with plenty in stock. Will stop by during lunch. 

Picked up a copy of Bayonetta that I been hoping to get under $20. Thanks OP. Wouldn't have known if you guys didn't post it separately!

Just Google search the game name and "Target DPCI" and you can get most DPCI's that way.

For example "Hyrule Warriors WiiU Target DPCI" shows 207-30-0045 in the first result.

Found one of the supposedly 2 Wind Wakers in the area.  It was the colored version.  Thanks OP, I am satisfied.

Picked up Hyrule Warriors for $30

Saw Bayonetta 2 for $15, Mighty no 9 for $15, Black Ops 2 for $30, Xenoblade for $30.

A local store supposedly has the two disc Bayonetta but for $60 still.

Is Hyrule worth getting on Wii U instead of 3DS?
The game actually runs smoother on the N3DS than the WiiU, but the visuals suffer so much in the transition. A noticeable amount of my fun with the game was watching the animations. The 3DS version however does have more/better balanced content.

The game actually runs smoother on the N3DS than the WiiU, but the visuals suffer so much in the transition. A noticeable amount of my fun with the game was watching the animations. The 3DS version however does have more/better balanced content.
I'm not sure HWL runs that much better on N3DS in comparison to the Wii U. The frame rate/fluidity seemed on par, at the very least. May be I just don't like these sorts of games overall. The only thing that attracted me to the Wii U version were the pretty graphics so like you, I wasn't at all impressed with how HWL looked on the N3DS. For me, it's just not very fun without HD :whistle2:(

I'm not sure HWL runs that much better on N3DS in comparison to the Wii U. The frame rate/fluidity seemed on par, at the very least. May be I just don't like these sorts of games overall. The only thing that attracted me to the Wii U version were the pretty graphics so like you, I wasn't at all impressed with how HWL looked on the N3DS. For me, it's just not very fun without HD :whistle2:(
The frame difference is rather small, but comparison vids show the N3DS never dipping while the WiiU can. Doesn't matter to most, but I know how much some people can care about framerate.

Anyone have the regular WWHD DCPI? It isn't listed on the website anymore. Or is the Selects DCPI the same?

Last edited by a moderator:
Argh...My local Target had the games, but they didn't come up at the lower prices that Brickseek found. :wall:
Try again on Monday. I had this problem when Vita stuff was clearanced at Target. Sometimes the in-store pricing doesn't get changed until the pricing team physically changes them, which in my experience, for video games, usually happens on Mondays.

Try again on Monday. I had this problem when Vita stuff was clearanced at Target. Sometimes the in-store pricing doesn't get changed until the pricing team physically changes them, which in my experience, for video games, usually happens on Mondays.
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try again next week.

Argh...My local Target had the games, but they didn't come up at the lower prices that Brickseek found. :wall:
While pricing is usually accurate, I also recently encountered the same issue at one store after scanning. The inventory level from brickseek can be off as well (one store had a game that was supposed to be OOS, and a couple others had more copies than they should have)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back