Doom $19.99 via GameStop (Amazon PM'd)

Such an awesome shooter. It's part old school, mostly new school in pretty tech. Such a bargain at $40/48. An absolute steal at $20. For me, the best this year (so far).

Agreed. This game is epic. A few annoying glitches here and there, especially if you going for the plat, but still, really great shooter.

What are the odds that the TIV on this will hold at Best Buy till the rest of the week? With BB's 50% bonus trade in this game fetches $25.50 (excluding GCU). Was thinking about picking this up and playing it  for a few days then trading it in to BB.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what's the point of that "pre-owned guarantee" slogan they have if they can exclude games to be honored? Was that a limited time thing then?
I would just go into the store and ask for a price adjustment. The wording on the guarantee makes it seem like that wouldn't be too tough.

This game was over shipped to hell and back. I expect it to be $10 by Black friday.
More than likely. At least 14.99 on BF.

But Im waiting till bestbuy has it for at least 20 to use GCU on, then Ill get it. Even if lamestop had it for 10 I still wouldnt give them my money

Can anyone link me to that officially on their website? I'm gonna try for $16 lol.
http://www.gamestop.com/preowned

Scroll down to the bottom for this:

Guaranteed 10% less/20% less than the retail price offered by GameStop of an in-stock new version of the same game or accessory at time of purchase. Comparison not valid on clearance or promotional items. Offer valid only on Pre-owned games and accessories. Pre-Owned 10% Less Guaranteed also valid on pre-owned hardware. If a purchased product does not satisfy the guarantee, Customer’s sole remedy is a refund of the difference in the price paid and the guaranteed price, plus an additional 5% of the new in-stock retail price offered at the time of purchase. Subject to availability by location. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
Fair warning: The stuff in bold is technically how an employee could justify the used price not being lower.

Yeah depending on who it is I might not say anything. One dude always hooks me up and I don't wanna push it and piss him off with this for $4 lol. Definitely want this for 20 either way.

http://www.gamestop.com/preowned

Scroll down to the bottom for this:

Fair warning: The stuff in bold is technically how an employee could justify the used price not being lower.
They dont need anything to justify anything.

Just like if you buy a game from them and they pull out a disc from a drawer that was sitting in there and probably "borrowed/rented" by an employee and then stick it inside a case off the display that is sun faded, covered in dust, has stickers on it, banged up and in generally poor condition. Then put a giant clear sticker on the opening side of the case they tell you its brand new and their reason why its brand new and you have to pay new price is because "we never sold it to anyone so its still new". Across the country they do that a thousand times a day, they dont need fine print to quote when they can just say "because we say so"

Such a fantastic game.  Was happy to pay full price for it at launch and I'm a cheap bastard.  $20 is such a steal that anyone on the fence should buy it without hesitation IMO.  

Such a fantastic game. Was happy to pay full price for it at launch and I'm a cheap bastard. $20 is such a steal that anyone on the fence should buy it without hesitation IMO.
Yeah, I bought DOOM soon after launch, got all but one of the trophies for the platinum (stupid glitchy all-challenges trophy), traded it in when the TIV was good, and I'm still tempted to buy it again at this price. The 10-15 hour campaign was a nice surprise.

Hmm might have to grab this, thanks op.

Edit: oops, realized it was GameStop, I will have to price match at BestBuy or Target, I prefer a sealed copy.

Didn't try to mess with the used copy, it was beat up looking. Got my 20 dollar new copy thanks op.

Everyone prepare for an 18gb patch tho. Wtf?

Why would you want to go from PC to console? It's still fun on the console, but it doesn't control nearly as well.
Double dip. Already beat and got every SP achievement on PC. Adds to mine and my friend's gamesharing collection too. Why does it always have to be PC v console for everyone? Just own one of each and be happy you have some fun games to play

I LOVED this game! I traded it in when BB had another promo previously and got more than I paid for it. It is totally a steal at 20 dollars just for the campaign. I never even got into playing the SNAPMAP or Multiplayer stuff. I might pick it up again just to trade in BB and make a little profit. I need to build up some BB to buy some games for the Xbox One S I am getting in a few weeks. 

WOW.  Sometimes gamestop comes through Like when they had the mortal kombat xl packs for 9.99  

I missed that one and regret it to this day because the price had never been close to that.  it will drop but still.    Like this one once it is back up to full price then forget it. 

is the PC version from gamestop a dvd/bluray, or a steam code?
They don't put PC games on blu-ray, and they're too cheap to do the sensible thing and use USB sticks (which would really only cost an extra $5 or $10 and could arguably be offset by the fact they don't discount digital). Nearly every "physical release" for PC is a damn Steam code now, including DOOM. I read somewhere there's one DVD, but that's nowhere near the full game, it's just a steam installer. If I wanted to download the game from Steam, I'd fucking buy it on Steam. Physical releases on PC need to actually be physical or stop getting released at all.

They don't put PC games on blu-ray, and they're too cheap to do the sensible thing and use USB sticks (which would really only cost an extra $5 or $10 and could arguably be offset by the fact they don't discount digital). Nearly every "physical release" for PC is a damn Steam code now, including DOOM. I read somewhere there's one DVD, but that's nowhere near the full game, it's just a steam installer. If I wanted to download the game from Steam, I'd fucking buy it on Steam. Physical releases on PC need to actually be physical or stop getting released at all.
yeah I agree with your general statement, if theres a steam key though that'd be nice, thanks bud

I'm going to demand the used price and probably get shot down but I love on the spot excuses so it'll be worth it.

some stores are starting to get iffy on GameStop price matches lol beware!

Man, that is low...now if the CE drops really low I'll be enticed. Did anyone ever get those 'special edition' game covers?

Tried to do it, but got shot down quickly. Plus it was a cute girl and she was really sweet and I'm a pussy so I didn't throw a fit.

some stores are starting to get iffy on GameStop price matches lol beware!

Man, that is low...now if the CE drops really low I'll be enticed. Did anyone ever get those 'special edition' game covers?
TRU's PM policy covers gamestop. Time to get rid of that TRU credit:

We will match prices from selected online competitor websites, including Walmart.com, Target.com, BestBuy.com, Gamestop.com, Macy’s.com, Kohl’s.com, JC Penny.com, Michaels.com, Hobby Lobby.com, Barnes & Noble.com, Sears.com, Kmart.com, Bed, Bath & Beyond.com, buybuyBaby.com, Meijer.com, FredMeyer.com, diapers.com, BabyDepot.com, LEGO.com, YoYo.com, Amazon.com.

Tried to do it, but got shot down quickly. Plus it was a cute girl and she was really sweet and I'm a pussy so I didn't throw a fit.
:speaktothehand: come on man, at the very lease, you should have ask for a wink and shhhh. you are a disappointment to CAG. O:)

bread's done
Back