Analogue NT Mini Available for Preorder Now!

I was comparing that one as well but I read that The Analogue NT Mini has 1080p output while the RetroUSB has 720.
The games aren't in that resolution anyway, so it doesn't really matter. It's not like it's upscaling a polygonal game (as you would in an emulator) anyway, so you're gonna see those hot pixels regardless. This thing is hilariously overpriced.

Jesus, when I heard "mini" I was hoping it would be substantially cheaper than the original NT. It is still not worth it at that price.

It seems like a lot of people don't know what exactly this is. It's a custom-built Famicom/NES that uses the original CPU/PPU placed on an all-new board with enhancements to video and audio quality over analog RGB and digital HDMI. So it has perfect compatibility and accuracy over cheap clones, which is very important for enthusiasts.

However, I personally don't think $500 is worth it even for what it is. We just got the RetroUSB AVS, which is another high-quality enthusiast clone that goes for MUCH cheaper ($185), and is in several ways capable of much more. For the non-enthusiasts, the shitty cheap clones or Virtual Consile usually do just fine. Either way, this isn't a deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're really into original hardware, I think your money would be better spent on something like a Framemeister XRGB Mini.

$350 and it's compatible with a ton of different consoles.

Jesus, when I heard "mini" I was hoping it would be substantially cheaper than the original NT. It is still not worth it at that price.

It seems like a lot of people don't know what exactly this is. It's a custom-built Famicom/NES that uses the original CPU/PPU placed on an all-new board with enhancements to video and audio quality over analog RGB and digital HDMI. So it has perfect compatibility and accuracy over cheap clones, which is very important for enthusiasts.

However, I personally don't think $500 is even worth it even for what it is. We just got the RetroUSB AVS, which is another high-quality enthusiast clone that goes for MUCH cheaper ($185), and is in several ways capable of much more. For the non-enthusiasts, the shitty cheap clones or Virtual Consile usually do just fine. Either way, this isn't a deal.
Or do like me and install the NES hi-def kit into the original hardware for $120. It's the same HDMI board in the NT by Kevtris.
https://youtu.be/qmDfDUbwyRg

What's the reasoning behind wanting something like this over something like the Retron 5?

Last edited by a moderator:
Really, half a grand for this?  I'll have to spend a few hours digging my NES out of the closet if I have the urge to play again I guess.

Soooo...its a $500 fc twin without a snes slot?
What makes this system different than the 100 other retro playing consoles is that supposedly, Analogue NT is made with real NES chips(de-soldered and re-soldered). I don't think its worth the price but I guess thats why they do.

What makes this system different than the 100 other retro playing consoles is that supposedly, Analogue NT is made with real NES chips(de-soldered and re-soldered). I don't think its worth the price but I guess thats why they do.
I think the old one did use the chips, doesn't the new one use an FPGA?

This post actually reminded me of the Retron 5. Did they ever fix all those problems the Retron 5 had? Like the cart slot being insanely tight? 

I wanted to get one but avoided it b/c of the issues and price (which doesn't seem to be coming down as fast as I'd hoped). 

My NES top loader with composite output modded on is all I need. I don't know how anyone could justify paying that much unless they somehow got it to also play SNES and N64 cartridges.

What's the reasoning behind wanting something like this over something like the Retron 5?
Retron 5 is a subpar Android emulator box, this is "real" NES hardware with enhancements.

There are other, far cheaper ways to get the same result, though. Even if it's better than the Retron 5, it's not $300 better.

bread's done
Back