Street Fighter V $22.92 on Amazon.com

CaoPi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
Lowest was $10 I believe, either way buy it now to get some training. If your a casual fighter fan and plan on buying Ultra, Ultimate or whatever edition in 2019 good luck finding matches then! lol

Speaking of this, the latest patch has nerfed rage quiting to a 24 hr ban along with 1000 LP loss. This is for raging 3 games. Platnium ranked and high ranked players are scarce to come across at the moment. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QXJFE08/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Last edited by a moderator:
too bad they censored it cuz of SJWs and a lack of balls and lost all my respect.
of-youre-serious.gif

too bad they censored it cuz of SJWs and a lack of balls and lost all my respect.
I'm still offended, Capcom has yet to censor Laura. Why would Capcom do something like this? Please think of the virtual 3D chicks
Ru9mD7i.jpg

It still takes 3-9 minutes to find a match, and you're going to fight the same person 2-4 times in a row. Wait for SSFV or pickup Injustice 2 or Tekken 7.
I find matches within a minute or less for rank/casuals, I heard people using wi-fi and depending on locations have a harder time finding matches.
Battle Lounge is completely empty for me always.

But honestly pickup Tekken 7 or Injustice at this point unless you're a huge Street Fighter fan and plan on playing competitively

I'm still offended, Capcom has yet to censor Laura. Why would Capcom do something like this? Please think of the virtual 3D chicks
Ru9mD7i.jpg

I find matches within a minute or less for rank/casuals, I heard people using wi-fi and depending on locations have a harder time finding matches.
Battle Lounge is completely empty for me always.

But honestly pickup Tekken 7 or Injustice at this point unless you're a huge Street Fighter fan and plan on playing competitively
Not to add that changing colors in Tekken is done by going into customization mode and pressing the triangle button, unlike in Shit fighter V where i have to do that god awful Survival mode. It is probably the worst mode in a game ever.

Not to add that changing colors in Tekken is done by going into customization mode and pressing the triangle button, unlike in Shit fighter V where i have to do that god awful Survival mode. It is probably the worst mode in a game ever.
It's being changed in a future update, so people won't need to play survival mode to unlock the colors over and over again.

I enjoyed survival mode but not for unlocking colors.

SFV still feels like an early access game with "vs cpu" coming out in a later update.
Anyone that isn't planning to play it just for online/ + training competitively should just avoid the game still till all the huge updates are out.

With that being said, I'm looking forward to Blazblue and Tekken this time around.

People within my local competitive scene is hype about Tekken and all they do is play Street Fighter.

Edit:

The next September update will include:

VS CPU Option
Daily Targets – Daily challenges with Fight Money rewards!
Fighter Profile Updates!
Free colors for Season Pass holders – Colors 3-10 for Default and Battle costumes of the 6 DLC characters
Premium costumes will now include colors! – Colors 3-10 of the purchased premium costume
Color bundles available for purchase via FM or Real Money – All 22 Characters’ Default & Story Costumes Color Pack 3-10

This game was at this price last week. I priced match it last week at Best Buy. On Amazon the price for SFV keeps changing everyday.

If this was the price of the CE, I'd still be a bit hesitant, but closer to leaning towards yes.
I wanted the CE but my Best Buy stores here don't have them anymore. Also, Best Buy online doesn't price match and trust me, I tried and has never worked.

I wanted the CE but my Best Buy stores here don't have them anymore. Also, Best Buy online doesn't price match and trust me, I tried and has never worked.
You must get reps that don't know what they're doing. I've priced matched plenty of times on Best Buy online.

CRAPCOM & SONY will release new version next year.  Either Super Street Fighter 5 or Super Street Fighter 5 Hyper Edition.  This version is HORROR.  Stick with New KOF and waits Tekken 7 :)

Just price matched at Best Buy and used a 10 rz certificate.. This game rarely goes on sale anywhere but Amazon .. I thought I'd try it out for like 12 bucks why not

Save the 22 dollars and put it towards the king of fighters 14 way better game then sfv in every category.

Everyone who is saying how terrible this game is, is talking out of their ass. I am sorry.

I was in the betas and got SFV on release. I have not regretted it one bit. From a competitive scene standpoint it is fantastic. Was at launch and continues to be. They have introduced a really solid story mode which was what everyone was griping about and the trials and training mode options are some of the best in fighting games to date. Plus since everyone seems to be comparing to KOF (which is a solid game do not get me wrong) the visuals in SF blow KOF out of the water. Not to mention that the story mode in KOF is bland as crap whereas in SF it is surprisingly good.

I am a fighting game fan so I love them all so I am not trying to bash KOF, merely make note that SF is arguably the best fighting game out there right now, especially when just looking at core mechanics. Everyone is bashing SF as if it is the cool thing to do, people heard it had a relatively bare bones launch and instantly threw it aside when in reality it is a top tier fighting game that has been consistently getting updates and has ways in which to earn the DLC characters in game for free.

Under $25 is an effing steal.

Everyone who is saying how terrible this game is, is talking out of their ass. I am sorry.

I was in the betas and got SFV on release. I have not regretted it one bit. From a competitive scene standpoint it is fantastic. Was at launch and continues to be. They have introduced a really solid story mode which was what everyone was griping about and the trials and training mode options are some of the best in fighting games to date. Plus since everyone seems to be comparing to KOF (which is a solid game do not get me wrong) the visuals in SF blow KOF out of the water. Not to mention that the story mode in KOF is bland as crap whereas in SF it is surprisingly good.

I am a fighting game fan so I love them all so I am not trying to bash KOF, merely make note that SF is arguably the best fighting game out there right now, especially when just looking at core mechanics. Everyone is bashing SF as if it is the cool thing to do, people heard it had a relatively bare bones launch and instantly threw it aside when in reality it is a top tier fighting game that has been consistently getting updates and has ways in which to earn the DLC characters in game for free.

Under $25 is an effing steal.
Well I am sure there is the people who genuinely dont like it, not everyone can like everything, nor will they ever. Then you have diehards who only want a game to be one specific way, and any changes to that specific way despite being good or bad will dislike it.

But yeah, hating SF5 seems to be the cool kneejerk thing to do regardless of having actual experience with it. Course thats how a lot of "gamers" are. They see other people diss something en mass and they will just join right in and repeat the exact same things they hear other people say, and those people in turn also are just repeating the same old stuff they hear and so on it goes. Its a never ending cycle of hating something based off popular opinion created by people who hate something just to hate it because its what other people are doing. They have no ability to think independently and thrive on the cheap self satisfaction of hating something at the drop of a hat any chance they can just because others do it too.

Mega man legacy collection (it delivered exactly what it said, the LEGACY MM games in one collection), street fighter 5 (had a rocky start but was improved and is a solid fighter), duke nukem (yeah it wasnt very good but no one could make it meet expectations) and so on. Call of duty got it for so long that it wasnt cool to hate anymore, even at the height of its hatred it still sold like gangbusters.

The longer people love something the more they grow to be in contempt of it.

If you dont like something thats fine, but give your reasons why in a rational manner. When you just re-chant the same thing everyone else does without a shred of independent thought every chance you can then you no longer have an opinion because youre then just a cow following the herd because you have no ability to think or reason.

I consider myself a competitive player but a casual also who has been playing games forever but in my own opinion not trying to be cool for anyone but this game isn't fun, sfv is bare-bones and i refuse to take it from capcom you can only go by namesake and the scene for so long.22 dollars is not a steal when you account for the lack of content which includes offline and online,pathetic net code,lack of gameplay tools and the laughable dlc scam also good luck finding a character you like in the limited roster they force you to play mika,nash,chun ryu if you want to win.Trust me 22 dollars is not a steal and isnt worth the frustration with this game they clearly rushed for for some odd reason.People don't take this bullshit from capcom and some people haven't from the lack of sales this is the lowest selling/rated sf game ever and for good reason it is rushed garbage.

If is the best why is it rated so low among other fighters

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-king-of-fighters-xiv 81

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/street-fighter-v 77

Kof14 might not look that great to some but it has heart and was clearly made with some dedication and fanfare not dollar signs in their eyes.

Well I am sure there is the people who genuinely dont like it, not everyone can like everything, nor will they ever. Then you have diehards who only want a game to be one specific way, and any changes to that specific way despite being good or bad will dislike it.

But yeah, hating SF5 seems to be the cool kneejerk thing to do regardless of having actual experience with it. Course thats how a lot of "gamers" are. They see other people diss something en mass and they will just join right in and repeat the exact same things they hear other people say, and those people in turn also are just repeating the same old stuff they hear and so on it goes. Its a never ending cycle of hating something based off popular opinion created by people who hate something just to hate it because its what other people are doing. They have no ability to think independently and thrive on the cheap self satisfaction of hating something at the drop of a hat any chance they can just because others do it too.

Mega man legacy collection (it delivered exactly what it said, the LEGACY MM games in one collection), street fighter 5 (had a rocky start but was improved and is a solid fighter), duke nukem (yeah it wasnt very good but no one could make it meet expectations) and so on. Call of duty got it for so long that it wasnt cool to hate anymore, even at the height of its hatred it still sold like gangbusters.

The longer people love something the more they grow to be in contempt of it.

If you dont like something thats fine, but give your reasons why in a rational manner. When you just re-chant the same thing everyone else does without a shred of independent thought every chance you can then you no longer have an opinion because youre then just a cow following the herd because you have no ability to think or reason.
I agree but im not a cow or sheep i base my opinions on playing games.Ive been playing since beta and im a gold player.

This right here intrigues me especially coming from playing dead or alive where dlc costs the same as a car
Don't listen to that bs lol. You're going to be grinding your ass off earning 50FM per win.
Characters cost 100K FM
Story costumes which cost 40K FM a piece. The story costumes should've been free after you beat a character's story.
Colors are going to cost FM and $$, but in Tekken you just have to press triangle in customize mode and outfits aren't $4 a piece, they're free. The premium outfits are NOT sold in packs, $4 a piece ONLY. That shit adds up.
Stages are 40K FM a piece, I'm still pissed that I had to buy Balrog's stage even though I had the season pass
Titles cost fight money
There is also an EVO stage that costs $10 ONLY, you can't get it with FM.
Not to add they tend to sell us legacy/classic costumes $4 a piece when Bamco are giving Tekken fans the retro costumes for free, and characters like Kazuya's classic TTT1 purple tux has always been free.

A lot of the FM you earn from character stories, survival, trials ,and general story are going to dry up FAST by the time you buy a couple outfits, characters, and now colors. They've finally announced a date for the daily FM earnings after 7 months (jeez, right around when the last DLC character is released!) when Uncharted 4 had dailies at launch, that's 7 months of daily FM everyone has missed out on. I guess Capcom figured they weren't going to sell any DLC characters for cash if everyone was collecting daily FM challenges for 7 months

I consider myself a competitive player but a casual also who has been playing games forever but in my own opinion not trying to be cool for anyone but this game isn't fun, sfv is bare-bones and i refuse to take it from capcom you can only go by namesake and the scene for so long.22 dollars is not a steal when you account for the lack of content which includes offline and online,pathetic net code,lack of gameplay tools and the laughable dlc scam also good luck finding a character you like in the limited roster they force you to play mika,nash,chun ryu if you want to win.Trust me 22 dollars is not a steal and isnt worth the frustration with this game they clearly rushed for for some odd reason.People don't take this bullshit from capcom and some people haven't from the lack of sales this is the lowest selling/rated sf game ever and for good reason it is rushed garbage.

Kof14 might not look that great to some but it has heart and was clearly made with some dedication and fanfare not dollar signs in their eyes.
KoF14 has 31 reviews & SFV has 80. At least try to hide your trolling next time. Lol!

Kyo's classic outfit is free as well. Capcom wants to sell Ibuki and Alex's costumes for cash after making Alex looking like absolute dogshit with his fry lock head xD

I still get a laugh at how ignorant people are about SFV. The people who actually play fighting games will continue to enjoy SFV while the clueless internet kiddie trolls will waste away in their basements struggling to convince other people to hate it. $23 is a goddamn steal.

As someone said earlier, stages don't come with the season pass (they should be free anyways, I don't know a single other fighting game that charges for stages, MKX, DoA5, etc. all gave stages as free DLC) and they cost from 40k to 70k FM. 

Also, to the point earlier about KoF 14 not having much reviews yet compared to SFV, the user score is also absolutely horrible when compared. At one point SFV on PC had a user rating of 2.4. 

At launch, SFV was not for casual players, really catering mainly to the competitive fan base. I'm going to say with the updates now that it has mostly improved (story/trials/lobbies) but it still feels lacking. Maybe they left a mad taste in my mouth from the beginning. Not as bad as people say it is now, but if you compare the initial releases side by side, it shows the effort from each company.

Edit: The CE also goes for around $40 at times. Honestly, the last sales figures I remember seeing was that it sold 160k out of 200k expected copies, and sold terribly in Japan, not outselling previous SF4 versions or even P4A. I'm gonna bet its gonna get lower soon, maybe even free on PS+ if they ever release a GOTY/Super/Turbo edition. 

I'm not a hardcore fighting gamer but for me ~$20 is worth it for DOA, Tekken SF, MK,
I can't justify paying more but for me it's the sweet spot.

Price is now in $22.xx range again. Sure beats gamefly ugly chipped disc at the $20 price.

bread's done
Back