PSA - program terms to My Best Buy effective 8/28 - Points nuked in half for regular people, Elites losing the .1 bonus

mitch079

CAGiversary!
Surprised I haven't seen any rage or roaring yet with another stealth Best Buy "deez nutz! got 'em!" program change

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-Promotions/null/pcmcat311100050001.c?id=pcmcat311100050001

On Aug. 28, some important changes to our Terms took effect. These included changes in how members receive points through our My Best Buy loyalty program. There was no impact on how Elite Plus members and those who use their My Best Buy credit card receive points.

• My Best Buy members previously received 1 point for every $1 spent. They now receive 0.5 points for every $1 spent.
  • My Best Buy Elite members previously received 1.1 points for every $1 spent. They now receive 1 point for every $1 spent.
  • My Best Buy Elite Plus members receive 1.25 points for every $1 spent. There was no change to how Elite Plus members receive points.
LET THE BITCHING COMMENCE!

Meh, I have not shopped at Best Buy in months. The stores around me have a bunch of idiots that never do anything right.

On a daily basis I get emails for Project Cars that I ordered when it was $7.99, they took the money but say I never paid. Tried calling them and even showed the email receipt / process of payment. Not worth fighting for $8.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, I have not shopped at Best Buy in months. The stores around me have a bunch of idiots that never do anything right.

On a daily basis I get emails for Project Cars that I ordered when it was $7.99, they took the money but say I never paid. Tried calling them and even showed the email receipt / process of payment. Not worth fighting for $8.
It's not the money, it's the principle!

So, instead of getting a $5 reward certificate for $250 I spend... Now I gotta spend $500? F*** that.
#BitchingAboutBestBuy

I already cashed in on the double RZ certificates they sent out to me awhile back during their data migration.

I guess this is their way of trying to get revenge.

TOO LATE!

Surprised I haven't seen any rage or roaring yet with another stealth Best Buy "deez nutz! got 'em!" program change

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-Promotions/null/pcmcat311100050001.c?id=pcmcat311100050001

On Aug. 28, some important changes to our Terms took effect. These included changes in how members receive points through our My Best Buy loyalty program. There was no impact on how Elite Plus members and those who use their My Best Buy credit card receive points.

• My Best Buy members previously received 1 point for every $1 spent. They now receive 0.5 points for every $1 spent.
  • My Best Buy Elite members previously received 1.1 points for every $1 spent. They now receive 1 point for every $1 spent.
  • My Best Buy Elite Plus members receive 1.25 points for every $1 spent. There was no change to how Elite Plus members receive points.
LET THE BITCHING COMMENCE!
was this an email?

I don't remember any email, but I do recall seeing I was only earning .5 points per dollar on something I bought the other day.  Lame, but hey, Reward zone was never a reason to shop at Best Buy and anyone who is Elite already overpaid so much that getting 1.25 points per dollar isn't going to make up for it.  

That's crazy. Still a good program either way. They could be like Amazon and not give you jack fuckin shit for shopping there, so I'm OK with the changes. The gravy train wasn't gonna run forever, lettuce be cereal.

I don't remember any email, but I do recall seeing I was only earning .5 points per dollar on something I bought the other day. Lame, but hey, Reward zone was never a reason to shop at Best Buy and anyone who is Elite already overpaid so much that getting 1.25 points per dollar isn't going to make up for it.
Bet Buy's pretty liberal price match policy nullifies this statement.

Sucks. I would have preordered some things in other places had I known this. I don't recall ever getting this email. Wow, time to make some changes.

That's crazy. Still a good program either way. They could be like Amazon and not give you jack fuckin shit for shopping there, so I'm OK with the changes. The gravy train wasn't gonna run forever, lettuce be cereal.
amazon CC 3% back

chase has been paying me to shop on amazon for almost a decade

Now that's some real  fuck'up shit right here. Just when I barely managed to reach elite  :cry: I guess it'll be my first and only time.

This is definitely new...

Best Buy f'ed me over on the refrigerator we bought from them, so I don't give them anymore of my business. I moved all of my preorders and media purchases to Amazon, with the exception of a major deal like the 50 Hour sale a couple of weeks ago, which wouldn't have netted me many points anyway.

well im elite plus and im not seeing the 25% bonus on points pending..from a game i bought during the daily deal 2 days ago where as a week ago the bonus is there even though it's still pending so somethings not right or elite plus lost the bonus 25% in points as well.

At least I can look forware to using GCU on Black Friday in three months. If BB takes that away I'll be PISSED.

At least I can look forware to using GCU on Black Friday in three months. If BB takes that away I'll be PISSED.
....either you're being sarcastic or...

tumblr_myng3zBWPC1srbyoyo1_400.gif

I'm afraid I've got some BAD NEWS.

This is like the millionth time someone has brought this up without knowing the people who matter already knew for months.

bread's done
Back