UPS really scaring me

Oisterboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I ordered something semi-sensitive, and fairly expensive from Amazon. I was already worried about this package since we have a variety of drivers. I live in a very small town and I doubt if many people around here actually get things from UPS.

Anyway, I went out to meet the driver, and he gave me a small package...I'm waiting on a big box. OK, it was the other package I was supposed to get today. I said "there should be one more", to which he says "no, next delivery is the next road over."...I tried to tell him the tracking said it was on the truck, but he just kept on cruising along.

So now I'm sitting here worried about whats happening with my fragile and expensive package. I contacted UPS and they told me it could be on another truck, but I've never had that happen before, and I live way out of the way of the UPS route. 

The good thing is it doesn't say it was delivered, so I can at least be at ease that someone else doesn't have my package.

Have you guys ever had this happen? If its just a matter of waiting until tomorrow because the guy missed the box, fuck it, I don't care. I just really hope it's not getting delivered somewhere else. It was through Amazon so it shouldn't be a problem anyway, but I'd just really like my package. 

But what if my neighbor gets my real-doll? How will I look him in the eyes ever again? 

Last edited by a moderator:
The drivers miss boxes all the time.

Sometimes they'll scan the package at the facility, and then forget to put it on the truck, so if that happens it'll just be delivered the next day.

Worst case scenario are always what you've mentioned, and that is if it says delivered, because there's not guarantee they'll get the package back as the person who receives it are not legally obligated to give the package back if UPS asks them for it, and so far that doesn't look to be the case.

But what if my neighbor gets my real-doll? How will I look him in the eyes ever again?
Just tell that neighbor that is your new waifu.

"I ordered something semi-sensitive"

You're overthinking the UPS situation because you're focused on the package.  I seriously doubt UPS cares, or even knows, what your package is.  Yeah, it "makes sense" that the package should be in the truck, but mail goes on crazy routes, so it could take a bit.  As long as tracking is fine, you're good, and your glass dildo should be fine.

On a side note, this lets me share my package story:

A relative of mine, who has a different last name, got a call at their work, left on their answering machine, saying that I (different first and last name) had a package for pickup.  Really weird.  I then contact the package company with the info, who confirms that there is a package for me, and that it will be redelivered.  After a few days, and not having received the package, I contact them again, asking what's up, and they tell me that I picked it up in person already.  WTF.  I'm asking what's going on, but it basically ends there, because I have no idea what it could have been, or who it was from, so I can't even say what's missing.

Woah thats weird. 

And it just really sucks because I get like 20 packages per month from UPS and I never have a problem until its something really expensive. I had a really large order of vinyl toys come in one time, and the truck guy just told me "huh, can't find it" (although he knew he was supposed to have it that time). It was probably the most expensive thing I ever ordered through UPS so I was going nuts until the day after when he brought it.

Y'all are making me feel a little better at least. 

Crisis averted, package was on the wrong truck and the guy stopped by on his way back to the sorting center. My wedding will be a private ceremony this weekend, in lieu of gifts just buy yourself a cheap game and think of my new waifu.

(I'm kidding if that wasn't clear.)

bread's done
Back