Resident Evil 5 & Resident Evil 6 $14.99/$11.99 GCU @ BBY

:eek: Didn't people hate 6? Or was it improved since last gen?
I got the plat trophy for 6 and it is the worse in the series. the 60fps makes it a far better experience since it is an action game. Game is a good 7/10, i would suggest it for Leon's campaign, Ada's, and mercenaries. Wesker's son, Jake, has an exclusive hand to hand mode which is fun to use in mercenaries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any ideas why PS4 only, and why part 4 is not included?
It does seem strange that it's just the PS4 versions. I can only assume that RE4 isn't included because it just came out this last Tuesday, so Best Buy likely didn't want to put it on sale yet.

Resident Evil 5 for some reason looks so much cleaner and sharper than 6. Both move at 50-60fps and still fun to play, as long as it's in co-op. This is a good deal, in any case.

Just picked up both of these. Didn't give Resident Evil 6 much of a try on 360 but perhaps I'll like it better this time around. Loved RE5 and can't wait until RE4 goes on sale! Thanks for the heads up OP!

I guess I have that RE 6 Archives collection for the 360 still sealed anybody have any ideas if the codes for 4 & 5 are still valid? Another question does that version have any value now in the secondary market?

I guess I have that RE 6 Archives collection for the 360 still sealed anybody have any ideas if the codes for 4 & 5 are still valid? Another question does that version have any value now in the secondary market?
What's a better option - asking about it here or actually checking the secondary market for your answer?

Man, a month or two ago, I thought RE6 was starting to go OOS everywhere and I paid $17.xx to an Amazon merchant even though I normally target

RE6 is a terrible Resident Evil game but a pretty good third-person shooter.
This.

Also, they shouldn't have done operation raccoon city (unless it got less dumb after the first half hour I dunno) and should've made 6 a spin off (heck revelations and revelations 2 are less spin off than 6 was) and 7 is, whatever it is.

Wish they also included the Xbox One versions. Would have picked up RE5 for that price. I pretend 6 didn't exist.

Are these any better looking then the 360 version? Also, how is re4 remake? Is it better looking as well?

wanted it but not close neough and shipping kills it. might as well buy new  close by instead of spend the money on gas.

Thanks OP.  I put in a store pick up for both.  Will be up at the mall tomorrow anyway so will pick it up then.

Maybe I will play 6 this time.  I had it for PS3 I think and watched my nephew play it for an hour before he got bored and never bothered to play it myself.

Seeing as how Humble Bundle has started doing Playstation Bundles and the first one they did was with capcom, I can pretty much promise they will do another one in the future and I know these Resident evil rereleases aside from maybe 4 didnt sell worth shit so 5 and 6 seem like perfect bundle fodder next time so I think ill pass.

I ordered RE6 from Best Buy after the sales went live, but my local store didn't seem to have anything because it was the only part of my order that wasn't ready for pickup, so I cancelled it and checked another store nearby and snagged their last copy.

I opted to get RE5 on PSN though, because after tax, the physically would just be $1 less than the digital, which doesn't get charged tax where I live, so it just made more sense to pay the extra dollar, since I prefer digital.

Would've nabbed these if the price was also for Xbox One. Hadn't heard that there was issues with RE5's performance. What is it with HD ports and poor performance?

Picked up both. And because I'm weak I went ahead and picked up RE4.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with the storyline in these games. Is the story a continuation with each game or can I play them in any order? I noticed Leon on the cover on RE6 but I don't recognize either of the characters on the RE5 cover art.

Boo! I hate these singular system sales/clearances. One side gets screwed in the deal and not in the good way ;)

Was going to buy both but apparently my renewed GCU from 8/18 isn't working or linked to my account. Called reward services and they submitted a case but these probably won't be on sale anymore by the time they fix this. Assholes....

Picked up both. And because I'm weak I went ahead and picked up RE4.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with the storyline in these games. Is the story a continuation with each game or can I play them in any order? I noticed Leon on the cover on RE6 but I don't recognize either of the characters on the RE5 cover art.
You will want to play RE1 to know the history between the main character of RE5 and the villian. RE4 is it's own stand alone story so you can go into that blind, but Leon is the main character from RE2. RE6's story is a weird case because the second main character from RE1, Jill, doesn't get mentioned once even though the other main character from RE1, Chris, is in this game. RE6 has 4 different campaigns spanning 25hrs. The campaigns are Leon (RE2 & 4), Chris (RE1 & 5), Jake, and Ada Wong (RE2 & 4).

You should definitely pickup the spinoff titles like Code Veronica and Revelations when you can.

Was going to buy both but apparently my renewed GCU from 8/18 isn't working or linked to my account. Called reward services and they submitted a case but these probably won't be on sale anymore by the time they fix this. Assholes....
On sale the whole month.

bread's done
Back