- - - - -

Official NHL 17 Discussion/CAG Team Thread - Ausfahrt Banditos: The Res-Erection

NHL 17 CAG Hockey EASHL EA Spertz Stockholm Syndrome

#1 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:37 PM

b3jRDX3.jpg

Club History

It's that time again. Adorned in majestic custom uniforms of soft shit brown and glistening neon, the Banditos rise from their dutch ovens. What's better than an erection? A res-erection.

9 years! We are about to embark on CAG Hockey's 9th year of existence! That's amazing...without question the longest running gaming group on CAG. At some point, I think we need to start a Hall of Fame Shame.

Naturally, we have a set group of people who have played together for a long time, but if you want to play with us, seriously, just sign on and play with us. As long as you're not some tard who pisses everybody off, you'll be fine. Basically, just don't play like the AI.

Webpage

Ha...haha...webpage. Yeah, believe it or not, this game used to actually have features.

Roster
Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position | Hockey Card
#1 | DarkTower80 | DarkTower80 | BendOverFor TheButtSex | LW/RD |
#2 | Vulcan2422 | Vulcan7905 | Dover Harde | RD/RW |
#9 | TheN8torious | TheN8torious | FirstTime SurpriseAnal | C/LD/LW |
#21 | moojuice | moojuiced | PANDICK AT THE DISCO | LD/G |
#71 | jza1218 | statnut28 | DR HORSESEMIN | RW/C |
#? | AttackingMVP | AttackingMVP | Anita ChubChub | RW

***IMPORTANT***
One thing that we strongly recommend is that you do not use the "Be a Pro" or "Action" camera types. While these angles can be exciting for single player modes, they do a poor job of showing you the ice and which teammates may be open (especially players behind you). Since we strive to play strong team hockey and get everyone involved, it makes sense to be able to see the entire zone as you play. The CAG team advises that you use the "Ice", "Classic", or even "Overhead" cameras.

When We Play
Our official CAG Hockey Nights have fluctuated a bit the past couple years, but you can almost always find us on Friday nights (occasionally Saturday too). We usually start around 10 PM EST and end in the wee hours of the morning. These hockey nights can be filled with ranked games against other EASHL clubs, team practices to improve on basic skills and fundamentals, or even intrasquad games to compete against each other. There are also other random times throughout the week that we play, but Friday night is when you'll always find the team. If you'd like to play, please feel free to join us! If you'd like your information posted on the team roster, please see the "How to Sign Up" section below. See you on the ice!

How To Sign Up
Keep in mind, we have official weekly Hockey Nights on Fridays from 10PM EST - UNTIL (usually 1-2AM EST), and do play other random times as well. The more time you put into the team, the better we'll be and the more you'll get out of it.

If you're interested in taking part in these fun and awesome community gatherings, just find the team in the game (search..."Ausfahrt"), and send a join request. And be sure to post in the thread and include the following information:
Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position

Coach Alan's Corner

Getting The Most Out of Your Player
The following guide will show you how to best distribute your points and which boosts you should apply based on the cost of raising each attribute. Setting your player up wisely will give you an edge over the competition!

http://www.operation...81&postcount=10

Custom Soundpack
As you may or may not know, NHL 12 allows people to set their own custom playlists for in game events (team intros, goals, penalties, etc.). The great thing about this is you can stream the music from your computer and have the playlists pre-set. All you have to do is assign them to the specific events in game. You can find the pack here, along with full instructions on how to install it.

NHL 12 Soundpack
http://forum.ea.com/...st/5743466.page

Older Soundpack
http://www.thebreaka...ead.php?t=21508

#2 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:44 PM

Reserved, I guess...who knows, lol.

#3 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5206 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:34 PM

Soundpack?!

#4 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:12 PM

Soundpack?!

Copy/paste from the old threads. If EA can do it with their games, I think I can do it with the thread.

Also serves as a reminder of how awesome NHL 12 was. Custom soundtracks, online leagues, club websites. Amazing what EA could do when they actually tried.

#5 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5852 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:41 PM

Ill be back despite numerous warnings not to buy the game

#6 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2574 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:52 PM

I'll hopefully be able to get in a couple games tonight. I think I have about 6 hours left.

Played some HUT and Draft Champions so far. Even received some hate mail.

#7 jza1218   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4893 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:32 PM

I shall be there tomorrow night, ready for my share of the suffering.

#8 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5206 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:39 PM

I'm down to about 2 hours left.

#9 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16931 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:55 PM

lol...damn Gary. Guess you're not playing tomorrow.

#10 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5206 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2016 - 12:20 AM

Probably not. I'm liking Be a Pro with the cut scenes actually. First goal is awesome to watch and warm ups.

Also liking how hard it is against the AI on Pro difficulty. Pro difficult on 16 was a joke. this is finally challenging. lol

Also, http://forum.ea.com/...7017=1#35169115

#11 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16931 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:50 AM

Probably not. I'm liking Be a Pro with the cut scenes actually. First goal is awesome to watch and warm ups.

Also liking how hard it is against the AI on Pro difficulty. Pro difficult on 16 was a joke. this is finally challenging. lol

Also, http://forum.ea.com/...7017=1#35169115

It's challenging for sure. Just not sure how well balanced it is. CPU passing is still insane. Nobody completes 85%+ of their passes...and doing it on the second lowest difficulty is on the mildly retarded side. It also makes me wonder if EA just has the AI tweaked for each mode (ie. in EASHL they're always incompetent).

Because they were all over me in Play Now mode, but in Draft Champions, they'd back off, give me room to skate, and allow me to douche freely. Not sure if that's by design, or just EA trying to make the new modes seem more appealing.

At any rate, hopping on now for pre-hockey.

#12 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5206 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:29 PM

3.62 GB Update

#13 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16931 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:05 PM

Sweet...maybe it fixes everything.

#14 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5206 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2016 - 05:41 PM

Sweet...maybe it fixes everything.

Or it does nothing. Im going with the nothing option.

#15 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16931 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 09 September 2016 - 08:24 PM

Or it does nothing. Im going with the nothing option.

You mean we can still flail around the ice on our knees and row with our stick to get to the bench?

#16 jza1218   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4893 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2016 - 08:56 PM

KgL2jzI.gif

#17 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16931 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:31 PM

You are wrong ghost of Gene Wilder. Just checked my tracking for NHL, and it arrived at the Nashville post office at 11AM this morning. Pretty decent chance I'll have it tomorrow. No idea why I get this treatment from Best Buy, but I'll take it. :)

Oh, and just for record keeping purposes, mine shipped from Shepherdsville, KY...which is about 150 miles from me.

#18 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5206 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:13 PM

Checked my Hours left and it still says 2, I know we played more than that last night.

#19 moojuice   False? CAGiversary!   4393 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:51 PM

bankerr.jpg

#20 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16931 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:11 AM

HighLowlights from last night. Gary will have to share the "row, row, row your boat" one. But this is what I captured. One of them is MVP's ridiculous hit...which while awesome, still seems a bit off. The others are straight "What the Fuck is this shit???" moments though.

#21 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16931 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:36 PM

Annnd there it is. :)

20160910_112944.jpg

#22 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16931 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:06 PM

Just popped the game in and it gave me that "Thank you for purchasing the digital version of NHL 17. Please continue to HUT to retrieve your rewards for playing NHL 16" message.

I remember it doing that last year too because of the EA Access trial. So, I loaded up HUT, and I now have 13 unopened packs. Not sure if some of these are pre-order packs or what...but I have 3 regular gold packs (10 cards) and 10 gold plus packs (20 cards). I'm really considering just not opening any of them until November. That would have to give me a pretty solid shot at getting some Movember cards.

EDIT - Actually, I'm looking, and Best Buy said the pre-order bonus stuff would come through email (I don't think I've gotten that though). So, maybe I did legitimately get packs for games played/collections completed. That would be nice. Has anybody gotten their pre-order bonus email from Best Buy?

#23 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5206 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:54 PM

Before we played last night, Checked my hub and I had 16 more packs to open. No idea how they decide the rewards and I have the super deluxe edition.

#24 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2574 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2016 - 09:40 PM

Just popped the game in and it gave me that "Thank you for purchasing the digital version of NHL 17. Please continue to HUT to retrieve your rewards for playing NHL 16" message.

I remember it doing that last year too because of the EA Access trial. So, I loaded up HUT, and I now have 13 unopened packs. Not sure if some of these are pre-order packs or what...but I have 3 regular gold packs (10 cards) and 10 gold plus packs (20 cards). I'm really considering just not opening any of them until November. That would have to give me a pretty solid shot at getting some Movember cards.

EDIT - Actually, I'm looking, and Best Buy said the pre-order bonus stuff would come through email (I don't think I've gotten that though). So, maybe I did legitimately get packs for games played/collections completed. That would be nice. Has anybody gotten their pre-order bonus email from Best Buy?

Mine was showing as emailed so I contacted them on the forums and they resent it. Unfortunately, my game is still showing preparing to ship.

#25 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16931 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:54 PM

Mine was showing as emailed so I contacted them on the forums and they resent it. Unfortunately, my game is still showing preparing to ship.

Ah, ok. Yeah, mine shows as sent too and I was thinking "How did I miss it?" Guess I'll have to get them to resend it too.

It's so weird that yours hasn't shipped yet. It's not like I'm even an Elite or Elite Platinum or whatever the hell they call it member at Best Buy. I have Gamer's Club Unlocked...but that's it.

#26 jza1218   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4893 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2016 - 12:35 AM

I gotta say, I played a game in Draft Champions that years past I would have lost. Fell behind 5-1, scored 4 goals in the third (and none on the douche shot either, which oddly I could not connect on, missing the net multiple times with Hull and Ovechkin before his game misconduct). Scored the winner in OT for a sweet comeback. In years past that would be a game I'd lose in some ridiculous way, but it felt different this time.

#27 moojuice   False? CAGiversary!   4393 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2016 - 12:43 AM

Sponsored by Visa

f4a78e5iejkx.jpg

#28 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5206 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2016 - 03:38 AM

I know yall hate bought teams but, I buy coins every year now. Going rate is now $5 for 100k for 17. I made a good amount off the 1 Mill I got from one pack from that Crosby pull. I have 600k left in 16 and I might rebuild my team for cheap honestly. If you have the money, I don't see the problem.

#29 moojuice   False? CAGiversary!   4393 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:04 AM

For me, I don't mind them when the game is out, I just like the heckling aspect, but in this particular case, its because the game isnt even really out yet.

#30 jza1218   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4893 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:05 AM

For just Five dollars, you can sponsor someone's dream to have Crosby, Seguin and Shanahan on the same team.