EBGames Canada - Trade promotions towards PS4 slim or Xbox One S

cashinstinct

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: DECEMBER 2016 PROMO (TILL DEC 15, 2016)

see last post for PS4 and Xbox One S promos.

--------

SEPTEMBER PROMO (HISTORIC) FOR PS4 SLIM:

Get a PS4 for as low as $0

You are not required to participate in all 3 promotions at once and can choose to do only one or any combination of 2 while still receiving the associated bonus.

Trade 5 get $100 towards a new Slim or Original PlayStation 4

Eligible games will be increased to $20 each, with a maximum of $100. Less than 5 eligible games may be traded. Eligible games must have a minimum $8 trade value and are only for the following consoles: PS3, PS4, 360, XB1, 3DS and Wii U. Click here for a list of eligable games. Games worth over $20 will not be adjusted and will still receive their EDGE bonus. Ineligible games that are normally accepted can still be traded to help reduce the price but will not be adjusted to $20, they may however receive an increase from other promotions.

List of games eligible $8+: https://www.ebgames.ca/Views/Locale/Content/PDF/tradeoffers/8-dollar-trade-value-en.pdf

Level-Up Your Console

Eligible consoles will receive a 10% increase plus their EDGE membership bonus. Eligible consoles include PS4, XB1, 3DS, 3DS XL, "new" 3DS, "new" 3DS XL, 2DS, and Wii U. Ineligible consoles that are normally accepted can still be traded to help reduce the price but will receive no trade bonus other than from the associated EDGE membership.

Save $50 on a new Slim or original PlayStation 4 with trade!

The new Slim or Original PlayStation 4 being purchased will receive a $50 discount when any normally accepted console is traded towards it. Accepted consoles include, but are not limited to, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii, Wii U, DSI, DSI XL, 2DS, 3DS, 3DS XL, "new" 3DS, and "new" 3DS XL.

Offer valid September 9 to September 22, 2016. All trades must be in full working order with all necessary components. Games must have cases and instructions. No substitutions will be made. Some exceptions may apply. Offer only valid towards the purchase of any new Slim or Original PlayStation 4 model. PlayStation Pro is not eligible. Ad is based on trading 5 eligible games, an Xbox One S 2TB and purchasing a new Slim or Original PlayStation 4 currently priced at $379.99. Difference may be paid for more expensive new Slim or Original PlayStation 4 bundles. See associate for complete details.

-------

Edit: cannot do preorders for PS4 Slim using the $50 rebate promo, so must purchase when console is available (starting Sept 13 for NHL17 ps4 slim bundle)

Last edited by a moderator:
Before any promotion, PS4 Fat (Original) is $175 TIV.

If you don't have any Edge membership:
ps4 500gb -
$175 base credit
+ $17.50 extra TIV (10% promotion)
= $192.50 TIV
+ $50 rebate on PS4 slim purchase

=$242.50 credit on your PS4 slim purchase

You are not forced to trade a PS4, there are many consoles eligible for trade in to get the 10% extra and the $50 rebate.

Since PS4 slim bundle at $379.99 CAD included a game, example NHL17, if you intended to buy the game at launch, this makes the console $299.99 CAD.

The "spin" an associate told me is you end up paying $57.50 + taxes to refresh your console warranty + new Dualshock 4 controller (with its small small changes).

I dont' say it's burning hot.

Depending on your PS4 condition, it might be something to consider.

So, I have an Edge membership and a PS4 (original). I don't want to trade games, but I do have a 3DS and Vita laying around that I would consider trading in.

What is my out of pocket cost to get the new slim PS4?

So, I have an Edge membership and a PS4 (original). I don't want to trade games, but I do have a 3DS and Vita laying around that I would consider trading in.

What is my out of pocket cost to get the new slim PS4?
Which Edge membership? Red ? Gold? Platinum? (I assume you don't have Onyx). Did you pay for your membership in the last year?

https://www.ebgames.ca/aboutUs

Red and Gold is 5% extra TIV, Platinum is 10% extra TIV on console.

____

You will get 10% TIV extra on PS4 and 3DS (not on Vita since it's not on the list).

You will get the $50 rebate only one time, even if you trade many consoles at once.

To know the TIV of 3DS and of Vita, you would need to go in store or call them....

_____

Since you won't get many times the $50 bonus, I would not expect tons of money for your Vita and 3DS.

Edit: cannot do preorders for PS4 Slim using the $50 rebate promo, so must purchase when console is available (starting Sept 13 for NHL17 ps4 slim bundle)

I can't find a TIV for the 3DS XL (from like...4 years ago), nor the Vita. Unless I can get another $75-100 for the pair, It doesn't make much sense to upgrade to the Slim.

You would need to go in store or try your luck and call (during a slow period like beginning of a weekday).

No need to bring the systems, I was told TIVs in person without having my PS4 with me.

I'm pretty sure I can find an old working DSI with charger sitting around here for the nice $50 off.

Thanks OP

Edit: So I couldn't find an old DSI around, I did find a wii that would work, Brought it in today, sales associates are pretty clueless whether the wii applied... after everything is cleared up, and they start processing it, the 50 dollars off didn't apply properly, so I was told I had to bring the system in for trade in when the console is actually out, today I can only put down a preorder for it...

So had to bring the wii back home and wait until Thursday to bring it back in...

For those who are interested, the trade in value for wii at the moment is 25 dollars... who knows that might be different when I can finally trade it in >_>

I'm pretty sure I can find an old working DSI with charger sitting around here for the nice $50 off.

Thanks OP

Edit: So I couldn't find an old DSI around, I did find a wii that would work, Brought it in today, sales associates are pretty clueless whether the wii applied... after everything is cleared up, and they start processing it, the 50 dollars off didn't apply properly, so I was told I had to bring the system in for trade in when the console is actually out, today I can only put down a preorder for it...

So had to bring the wii back home and wait until Thursday to bring it back in...

For those who are interested, the trade in value for wii at the moment is 25 dollars... who knows that might be different when I can finally trade it in >_>
In the end I decided my spare ps3 (120gb) gets the least use in the house, so I decided to go through with this deal with the ps3.

Gave them a sixasis controller since all my other ones are dualshock.

They test to see if it turned on, look at it's serial code to determine what hard drive it is (I'm quite surprised at this one, what if I upgraded or downgraded?!)..

So the math goes like this:

379.99 * 1.12 = 425.59 (system with tax)

425.59 + 2.50 = 428.09 (environmental fee)

428.09 - 50 (promotion discount) - 47.25 (120gb ps3 plus 5% edge card boost) = $330.84

So paid ~330.84 for a new ps4 slim, with uncharted game (I plan to try and sell for $65 ) plus these thumb grips that came free with the purchase... Not a bad deal I guess :p

For those who care, I tried to trade in a wii along with it to see if I can stack the 50 dollar off twice.. No dice.

Time to get wallet rape by creating and collecting a new library of ps4 games..

Ended up doing the trade for PS4 Pro

See here for info
https://www.ebgames.ca/Recycled%20Offers/

$499.99 price before promos
- $210 ps4 value (promo 6243)
- $50 trade console (promo 6225)
- $66 ps3 value ($60 + 10% platinum edge)
- $20 tiv x 3 games on $8+ list (promo 6223)
- $113 existing EB credit I had (pre-orders)
= $0 cash!!!

Similar promo is back at EBGames for PS4 Slim Uncharted bundle (still $329.99), till December 15

212c2807-1ee5-4f42-8a31-23c1174a1101.jpg

Get $230 TIV for your fat PS4 in that specific promo, so PS4 Slim bundle is $99.99 + taxes on $99.99.

You also get Biogenik Thumb Grips and the choice of a free game:

- NBA 2K17 (PS4) 
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4) 
- Mafia III (PS4) 
- WWE 2K17 (PS4) 
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4) 
- Watch Dogs 2 (PS4) 
- Overwatch Origins Edition (PS4) 
- LEGO Star Wars Force Awakens (PS4)

If you are interested in Uncharted 4 / one of these games including recent releases , your Fat console and /or console is in bad shape or you want a fresh 1 year warranty on material, this deal can be interesting.

Many people did the trade on RFD...

I already did the trade for PS4 Pro back in November, it was way more expensive...

For Xbox One S: Ends December 15, 2016

https://www.ebgames.ca/Recycled%20Offers

Get an Xbox One S 500GB Console, Biogenik Thumb Grips, and a $50 Ultimate Dining Gift Card for only $99.99 when your trade your original Xbox One 500GB Console!*

$99.99 price is for the $299.99 console without any extra games. Call your EBGames before going, stock level is low.

$200 TIV for the Xbox One with this promotion.

People on RFD were able to apply this $200 TIV promo on $379.99 bundles of Halo or Battlefield, and they got Overwatch extra, but paid $179.99.

The $50 Dining Gift Card is received later by mail, you must apply and send your receipt. Make sure that your EBGames includes the promo in the transaction.

Cara Restaurants - 
Accepted at great restaurants like Swiss Chalet®, Harvey's®, Montana's BBQ & Bar®, Kelseys®, milestones®, East Side Mario’s®, Bier Markt®, Fionn MacCool’s®, Paddy Flaherty’s®, The Landing Group® and New York Fries®
Some people on RFD were able to buy Gears of War 4 for $50 with their console and received a 2nd controller "free" when they purchased that game in the same transaction. YMMV, if you are interested, ask your clerk at EBGames.

dd3dcb85-6596-4f42-be17-5ac4ec67a3d0.jpg

Xbox one S 500GB with one game now $329.99 instead of $379.99
- battlefield 1 or halo collection.

Free overwatch + thumbs grips

Last day for deal to get $200 TIV for Xbox One 500GB

Some people on RFD also got $50 dinner card and 3 months of Xbox live.

Does anyone here know what I need to bring to the store for trade in besides the console, power supply and controller?  Anything else?  (eg. HDMI cable)  

*EDIT*

Answered my own question.  Have to bring an HDMI cable as part of the trade in.

bread's done
Back