Mortal Kombat X Premium edition $5.99 PCDD @ CDKEYS.com

they beta'd a new Mortal Kombat XXL beta a few weeks ago, its possible there will be a free or discounted upgrade to it when it releases (no date).  

Keep in mind the current PC port of MKX is just abysmally bad, with horrible net code and performance.  No one is really playing it.  The new beta is almost a rewrite of the game and should be a lot better, but who knows when it'll come out or if they will even offer an upgrade path

Yea I would need some clarity on how the XL release is going to work before buying this. It being WB makes me think I would be better off waiting for XL on the cheap down the road. It should depreciate fast.

I heard about that. Honestly it would be and really bad taste if there wasnt an option to upgrade when it releases. At the same time if there isn't it wouldnt be a surprise either.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

If they'd say if owners of the game get XL for free/cheap when it comes out, I'd be all over this.

XL is going to be given to owners as free DLC in the form of "Kombat Pack 2" on October 6, which will include Goro, the Subzero skin, and other goodies not included in the Premium Edition. If you don't mind waiting a month, this is basically $6 for MKXL on PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
so does this version not play as great on pc as it does on a ps4? i got rid of mk x on ps4 to get xl later..should i just this? i don't play online just single player or local multiplayer ...has it been updated to perform better now? and it'd be awesome to get a free XL update later on as well :D

XL is going to be given to owners as free DLC in the form of "Kombat Pack 2" on October 6, which will include Goro, the Subzero skin, and other goodies not included in the Premium Edition. If you don't mind waiting a month, this is basically $6 for MKXL on PC.
You have a source for this? I haven't read anything that suggests this is the case.

I would want the bugfixes/better gameplay, I don't really care about the characters in Kombat Pack 2.  So if the patches and stuff were coming for people that bought the original version, then I'd jump on this. 

It's in the Steam description for Kombat Pack 2, though it doesn't say you get the extra characters unless I misread it. It only says you get the balance updates and improved netcode of XL.

Here's the official verbiage from Steam. 

Mortal Kombat XL for PC will be available for purchase Oct. 4, 2016. Originally developed by NetherRealm Studios, Mortal Kombat XL is adapted for PC by Qloc. Additionally on that day, current owners of Mortal Kombat X on PC will be able to download the latest patch for free, giving players access to all of the latest balance updates as well as the enhanced online experience, that was available in the recent beta test for the game.

So if you have it currently (or buy it off this deal) you'll get all the netcode and balance fixes on 10/4, you just wouldn't get the newest DLC pack (Triborg, Leatherface, Alien and Bo Rai Cho) 

Mortal Kombat XL for PC will be available for purchase Oct. 4, 2016. Originally developed by NetherRealm Studios, Mortal Kombat XL is adapted for PC by Qloc. Additionally on that day, current owners of Mortal Kombat X on PC will be able to download the latest patch for free, giving players access to all of the latest balance updates as well as the enhanced online experience, that was available in the recent beta test for the game.

So if you have it currently (or buy it off this deal) you'll get all the netcode and balance fixes on 10/4, you just wouldn't get the newest DLC pack (Triborg, Leatherface, Alien and Bo Rai Cho)
Thank you for finding that, bought it.

[font='Motiva Sans', sans-serif]Mortal Kombat XL for PC will be available for purchase Oct. 4, 2016. Originally developed by NetherRealm Studios, Mortal Kombat XL is adapted for PC by Qloc. Additionally on that day, current owners of Mortal Kombat X on PC will be able to download the latest patch for free, giving players access to all of the latest balance updates as well as the enhanced online experience, that was available in the recent beta test for the game. [/font]

[font='Motiva Sans', sans-serif]So if you have it currently (or buy it off this deal) you'll get all the netcode and balance fixes on 10/4, you just wouldn't get the newest DLC pack (Triborg, Leatherface, Alien and Bo Rai Cho) [/font]
Its probably best to buy it now just because when the update comes out the original MKX will be delisted in favor of MKXL. Since the upgrade is free. So buy it while its dirt cheap. The other dlc will eventually go on sale.

Its probably best to buy it now just because when the update comes out the original MKX will be delisted in favor of MKXL. Since the upgrade is free. So buy it while its dirt cheap. The other dlc will eventually go on sale.
I would just wait until you can find the xl edition cheap. That way you get everything. All this pack stuff is too confusing and you get nickeled and dimed. I have had the pc version since day one. They might as well toss in the characters. I had the deluxe version LOL

I would just wait until you can find the xl edition cheap. That way you get everything. All this pack stuff is too confusing and you get nickeled and dimed. I have had the pc version since day one. They might as well toss in the characters. I had the deluxe version LOL
Yeah but knowing WB games when the XL edition comes out it will either be $10 or $29.99 owners of the X premium will receive the XL as a free upgrade. Where as regular owners may receive a discounted price or free as well. So it makes since to get in on the low price right?

Yeah but knowing WB games when the XL edition comes out it will either be $10 or $29.99 owners of the X premium will receive the XL as a free upgrade. Where as regular owners may receive a discounted price or free as well. So it makes since to get in on the low price right?

If your not getting the characters the full monty IMO it is not XL . There has been rumor and specualtion for the longest. There was this big update had people excited then someone posted a vid of the creator squashing talks of XL. It is a risk but if they do cool but it a pain in the ass when they don't. I Also bought x on Xbox 1 and I missed the gamestop 9.99 xl kombat pack, but if I am going to pay 20 I might as well buy the whole game somewhere for 25 or wait.

I think I've seen the dlc sell fot dirt cheap on cdkeys. Dlc always get crazy discounted on steam

so does this version not play as great on pc as it does on a ps4? i got rid of mk x on ps4 to get xl later..should i just this? i don't play online just single player or local multiplayer ...has it been updated to perform better now? and it'd be awesome to get a free XL update later on as well :D
The game performs very well on my machine as is. I've a 6th gen i7 and a Fury X GPU. I've tried the Beta and the netcode was improved. If you're just looking to the enjoy the single player, spending $6 on this will get you a ton of game.

I would guess that the Kombat Pack 2 DLC will cost the same, or less than the console version. WB has already confirmed that the netcode and balance patch will be free for all owners regardless of whether you want the additional stuff in Kombat Pack 2.

bread's done
Back