2016 Fantasy Football Discussion

kube00

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Figured we needed a thread for this. Let's hear about your teams and your week to week outlooks

Need help on the wavier wire? Ask away!

Couple resources I check weekly 

Pulls data and ranks players per position via PPR, .5 PPR, or standard

http://www.borischen.co/

Rotoworld's sit or start

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/65246/334/week-3-start-em-or-sit-em

Rotoworld Weekly Worksheets

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/65223/478/the-nfl-week-3-worksheet

Rotoworld does a pretty good job most of the time

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in two money leagues this year. I hate ESPN's scoring, the other one is a Yahoo PPR/Pts per first down and its a keeper league

I had Keenan Allen but since he's hurt I need to scramble and replace him with another decent WR. 

I'm playing this year for the first time in like 10 years. Here's my current team (NFL.com fantasy league, 8 teams):

Starters:

QB1: Andrew Luck

QB2: Andy Dalton

RB1: Duke Johnson

RB2: CJ Anderson

WR1: AJ Green

WR2: Julio Jones

WR3: Sammy Watkins

TE: Travis Kelce

R/W/T: Michael Floyd

K: Stephen Gostkowski

D: LA Rams

DP: Thomas Davis

Bench

QB: Marcus Mariota

RB: Lamar Miller

RB: Ryan Mathews

WR: Devin Funchess

WR: Tyler Lockett

WR: Torrey Smith

TE: Antonio Gates

I had the most points in our league last week (thanks mostly to Luck and Green). Projected to lose this week by about ~30 points.

I think I'm going to swap Dalton for Mariota and Johnson for Miller this week. Might also need to bench Watkins depending on his injury. I'm also thinking about re-tooling my WRs outside of Green and Jones, but I'm not seeing much value in our FA pool.

16-team Money League / Standard Scoring

QB - Jameis Winston

RB - TJ Yeldon

RB - Spencer Ware

WR - DeAndre Hopkins

WR - Dez Bryant

TE - Greg Olsen

Flex - Alshon Jeffery

K - Cairo Santos
D/ST - Eagles D/ST

Bench - QB Ryan Tannehill

Bench - RB Jeremy Hill

Bench - RB Derrick Henry

Bench - WR Brandon LaFell

Bench - WR Dontelle Inman

Bench - 49ers D/ST

IR - RB Dion Lewis

------------

I really need to find a more stable RB for when Jamaal Charles and Chris Ivory return to steal carries from Yeldon/Ware. Jeremy Hill doesn't tickle my fancy with Bernard there to take touches from him.

I had the most points in our league last week (thanks mostly to Luck and Green). Projected to lose this week by about ~30 points.

I think I'm going to swap Dalton for Mariota and Johnson for Miller this week. Might also need to bench Watkins depending on his injury. I'm also thinking about re-tooling my WRs outside of Green and Jones, but I'm not seeing much value in our FA pool.
I'd swap Duke in for Miller for sure. At QB, I'd lean Dalton myself. Mariota had solid stats against the Vikings last week and could perform just as well this week. As for Dalton, sure divisional games tend to be tougher for teams, but Kirk Cousins lit the Steelers up for over 300 yards last week. And while Green was most of Dalton's production last week, it'd be a shame to miss on the double points. Granted that can also be a double edged sword when a team does poorly. That combo I'd have faith in myself.

As for WRs on your waiver wire, one guy who I'd maybe target (but wouldn't start this week until we see more) is Cole Beasley of the Cowboys. Not sure if last week's performance was a fluke, but with how little the ball was passed to someone other than him (and Witten), might be worth a flyer. Granted, Dez can't be shut out like he was either. Situation to keep an eye on.

16-team Money League / Standard Scoring

------------

I really need to find a more stable RB for when Jamaal Charles and Chris Ivory return to steal carries from Yeldon/Ware. Jeremy Hill doesn't tickle my fancy with Bernard there to take touches from him.
Never done a 16 team league in football, but I'd have to imagine there's probably nothing on the waiver wire is there? Ware took carries from Charles last year, so I'm thinking he could still get some work when Charles returns. Your best bet might be to pick up a handcuff or touchdown vulture in a league that large. Maybe Bilal Powell if he's available.

What's people's opinions on Russell Wilson's injury this week? After spraining his ankle last week, was limited the rest of the game (at the demise of the Dolphins :( ). Playing against the Rams this week, I'm expecting an early lead and chewing up the clock with RB and if the lead gets large enough, possibly sit Wilson the rest of the game. That said, reports are saying he's been feeling good all week and he's good to play this week. But with suffering from an ankle sprain myself, I know they hurt like hell, but maybe I'm overly paranoid about his injury.

My other option at QB is Kirk Cousins. Did well last week, but has a tougher matchup with Dallas this week. But he's at least healthy. I'd expect a dip in yards from last week, but would like to think he'd get a TD or two to make up for it.

---

In an other league (PPR), I'm looking at either Jarvis Landry or Tajae Sharpe at my flex spot (already starting Julio Jones and Willie Snead). I like Tajae's matchup with the Lions and the Titans don't have anybody else to throw to. Expecting both teams to play from behind, but having no faith in Tannehill and knowing Billicheat, not sure if I should disregard my Dolphin bias and plug in Landry or take the chance on Sharpe.

What's people's opinions on Russell Wilson's injury this week? After spraining his ankle last week, was limited the rest of the game (at the demise of the Dolphins :( ). Playing against the Rams this week, I'm expecting an early lead and chewing up the clock with RB and if the lead gets large enough, possibly sit Wilson the rest of the game. That said, reports are saying he's been feeling good all week and he's good to play this week. But with suffering from an ankle sprain myself, I know they hurt like hell, but maybe I'm overly paranoid about his injury.

My other option at QB is Kirk Cousins. Did well last week, but has a tougher matchup with Dallas this week. But he's at least healthy. I'd expect a dip in yards from last week, but would like to think he'd get a TD or two to make up for it.

---

In an other league (PPR), I'm looking at either Jarvis Landry or Tajae Sharpe at my flex spot (already starting Julio Jones and Willie Snead). I like Tajae's matchup with the Lions and the Titans don't have anybody else to throw to. Expecting both teams to play from behind, but having no faith in Tannehill and knowing Billicheat, not sure if I should disregard my Dolphin bias and plug in Landry or take the chance on Sharpe.
Id start Cousins. I would go Sharpe.

I'd swap Duke in for Miller for sure. At QB, I'd lean Dalton myself. Mariota had solid stats against the Vikings last week and could perform just as well this week. As for Dalton, sure divisional games tend to be tougher for teams, but Kirk Cousins lit the Steelers up for over 300 yards last week. And while Green was most of Dalton's production last week, it'd be a shame to miss on the double points. Granted that can also be a double edged sword when a team does poorly. That combo I'd have faith in myself.

As for WRs on your waiver wire, one guy who I'd maybe target (but wouldn't start this week until we see more) is Cole Beasley of the Cowboys. Not sure if last week's performance was a fluke, but with how little the ball was passed to someone other than him (and Witten), might be worth a flyer. Granted, Dez can't be shut out like he was either. Situation to keep an eye on.
Thanks for the advice! I will keep that in mind while I scour our FA/waiver wire for WRs and RBs. Considering picking up LeGarrette Blount and dropping Johnson.

I stuck with Mariota over Dalton and it ended up being really a wash (23 for him vs 25 for Dalton). I ended up benching Watkins before the game Thursday night for Gates and that's worked well so far. What hasn't is the lack of production from Green and Kelce (and Luck, so far). As of right now, I'm up by 15 points, but my opponent has Aaron Rodges and three other players to go. Not expecting to win this week.

Made a couple of moves:

Dropped Duke Johnson for Jerick McKinnon
Dropped Devin Funchess for Quincy Enunwa

Looking at potentially dropping Lockett, Smith, or Watkins (especially with his lingering injury) for Victor Cruz.

Tried to get Stefon Diggs earlier in the week, but was beat out on waivers.

QB E Manning
RB L McCoy
RB J Langford
WR A Jeffery
WR A Robinson
TE C Fleener
FL K Benjamin
KI J Tucker
DE Jets

Bench
QB M Stafford
RB G Bernard
RB S Ware
WR M Floyd
WR AJ Green
TE T Eifert

Any thoughts on if I should adjust my lineup?

Made a couple of moves:

Dropped Duke Johnson for Jerick McKinnon
Dropped Devin Funchess for Quincy Enunwa

Looking at potentially dropping Lockett, Smith, or Watkins (especially with his lingering injury) for Victor Cruz.

Tried to get Stefon Diggs earlier in the week, but was beat out on waivers.
I'd hang onto Watkins a little longer. Dump Smith for Cruz. PPR or Standard>

QB E Manning
RB L McCoy
RB J Langford
WR A Jeffery
WR A Robinson
TE C Fleener
FL K Benjamin
KI J Tucker
DE Jets

Bench
QB M Stafford
RB G Bernard
RB S Ware
WR M Floyd
WR AJ Green
TE T Eifert

Any thoughts on if I should adjust my lineup?
PPR or Standard?

If Charles sits go with Ware. Isnt AJ Green a must start every week? I think he is better than Robinson and dont use langford. I would go with Bernard.

Ughh lost by 60 pts, and by 110 this week.

Thanks to the Jets playing crappy, Marshall was on my bench and Dorsett got nothing. Parker/Wallace did okay. Melvin Gordon and Blount did decently. 

So I'll be snagging Crowder this week from Washington and trying to pick up Howard who is taking the place of Langford as the RB on the Bears 

I lost by about 47 points. Mariota, Jones, Anderson, and Matthews did me zero favors with a little over 12 combined points.

Starters
QB Trevor Siemian, Den 
RB Lamar Miller, Hou 
RB Christine Michael, Sea RB
WR Marvin Jones, Det 
WR Travis Benjamin, SD
TE Dennis Pitta, Bal 
FLEX Demaryius Thomas, Den
D/ST Bengals D/ST
K Matt Prater, Det K

Bench:
RB Doug Martin*, TB 
QB Aaron Rodgers, GB 
WR Josh Gordon, Cle 
RB Giovani Bernard, Cin 
TE Jimmy Graham, Sea 
RB Spencer Ware, KC 
WR Cole Beasley, Dal 

Right now im 3-0 its a standard league. 12 Team Money League

Just dropped TJ Yeldon for Cole Beasley since Dez Bryant has a hairline fracture. Cole should be getting even more targets.

Made a few other moves earlier in the week:

Added: Terrelle Pryor (had as my WR3 today); Jordan Howard (had as my W/R/T today); Brandon Marshall; Cole Beasley
Dropped: Gates; Watkins; McKinnon; Lockett

Probably going to drop Cruz or Floyd depending on what they do this week for a backup TE (looking at Pitta or Cameron Brate). I've been trying to trade for Olsen, but I don't think my buddy is going to let him go. Also thinking about dropping/trading Mariota.

Thanks to Julio and AJ Green for balling out this week. Currently sitting at 153.9 points vs 91.25. Feeling pretty good about the rest of the games.

Thanks to Juilio and Aj Green playing like crap this week I lost in ESPN

Good news is I am still near in the middle so I'll probably make the playoffs Im 2-3

Yahoo league I am 1-4, I need to win a few games in the next few weeks. Strong at RB, weak at WR untill Moncrief and Coleman come back

But since I have the number 1 wavier pick Im going for Coates and possibly Meredith, dumping Woods and possibly Devante Parker 

So my buddy is trying to trade Cam to me since I'm a big (and very frustrated) Panthers fan. Proposed trade is:

Get: Cam

Give: Mariota + CJ Anderson

What do you guys think? My team's relevant positions are below:

QB: Dalton, Luck, Mariota

RB: CJA, Miller, Howard, Mathews, J-Stew

WR: Green, Julio, B-Marsh, Beasley, Enunwa, Pryor, SSS

TE: Kelce

He also has Crabtree who I'd like to get, but he doesn't really want my WRs not named Green or Julio.

So my buddy is trying to trade Cam to me since I'm a big (and very frustrated) Panthers fan. Proposed trade is:

Get: Cam

Give: Mariota + CJ Anderson

What do you guys think? My team's relevant positions are below:

QB: Dalton, Luck, Mariota

RB: CJA, Miller, Howard, Mathews, J-Stew

WR: Green, Julio, B-Marsh, Beasley, Enunwa, Pryor, SSS

TE: Kelce

He also has Crabtree who I'd like to get, but he doesn't really want my WRs not named Green or Julio.
Thats a lot of QBs, is it a 2 QB league? Cam will help you, and anderson is going to be splitting carries going forward. Id say do it

Thats a lot of QBs, is it a 2 QB league? Cam will help you, and anderson is going to be splitting carries going forward. Id say do it
Yeah, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/R/T league. Do you think Howard, Mathews, and J-Stew is a solid trio going forward? I could also pick up Booker or even Ajayi if I need to.

Yeah, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/R/T league. Do you think Howard, Mathews, and J-Stew is a solid trio going forward? I could also pick up Booker or even Ajayi if I need to.
Ryan Matthews? He is the weakest of those 3. Ajayi might be a solid replacement. The other 2 are good.

Pulled the trigger so now I'm a Cam owner.

Ryan Matthews? He is the weakest of those 3. Ajayi might be a solid replacement. The other 2 are good.
Yeah, Ryan. Ajayi was claimed on waivers this morning, so I picked up James White for now. I also have Lamar Miller so he's gonna be solid. I am trying to make another trade for a RB from a guy who doesn't have any backup WRs and Kelvin on a bye. We'll see what develops.

bread's done
Back